5 replies to this topic

#1 Lyn

Lyn

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

I was just wondering, do any of you ever read a fantastic book or watch a great movie and fall in love with a character's name? Do you like the name because you loved the book/movie? Just wondering! :)

#2 Guest_KacieH_*

Guest_KacieH_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, Edward from Twilight. And Renesmee...[Hope I didn't ruin anything for anyone] from Breaking Dawn.

I also love the name Soraya from the Kite Runner.

I know it wasn't a movie [but it should be!!] but the Gilmore Girls. I love the names Lorelai and Rory from that show. Obviously...since I named my daughter Rory. But yeah.

For me, personally, it's not usually about the book/movie/TV show so much as me recognizing characteristics from those characters that I hope my kids have.

DOes that make sense? I hope so. Edward from Twilight is protective, caring, and loyal to the ones he loves, and I wouldn't name my son that just because I liked the movie, I would name him that because I hope that he is like that too.

I really hope that made sense, it does to me.

#3 Lish4042

Lish4042

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

I have never been a big reader but this year my cheerleaders (I am a cheer coach) got me hooked on twilight and I fell in love with the names in the book. I believe that the reason I did is because I loved the characters themselves so much.

#4 BellaThomas

BellaThomas

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, cappucinos, Twilight saga. That about sums it up.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

I know what you mean, I fall in love with the characters and thats why I love the names.

#5 abigstripeymess

abigstripeymess

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:19 AM

Yes, many times (like Esme from Twilight!), as well as actors/actresses. I never considered the name Isla until Isla Fisher came along, and it's now my #1. :]

I don't think it's so much that you like the book/movie/actor, but that you never even consider it until it's right in front of you, know what I mean?

#6 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

I like Esme because of a different book .....The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, which I love. I'd never heard the name before this book and now I really like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users