12 replies to this topic

#1 Sunflower16

Sunflower16

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hi everyone,

My two top picks for first names for girls would be London or Peyton.

The first issue is that DH and I cannot come up with any middle names we agree on for either name.

I like fairly trendy or at least modern names - Paige, Elle, Avery, etc. while DH likes old fashioned names like Marie and Elizabeth.
We both agree that it should be a short name - preferably one syllable, but it can't be any of the following as they are already taken by friends or family or we just don't care for the name as it's overused:

Ann(e)
Eve
Grace
Faith (Faythe)
Joan
Lee
Lynn
Rose

Any suggestions on mn's that would go with either London or Peyton would be very much appreciated.

Also, in discussions about boy names, we liked Oliver and Preston, only DH preferred Oliver Preston and I preferred Preston Oliver.

Now DH is doubting Preston all together and suggesting Peyton or London for boy names. I told him I thought those were too feminine - even though they're in all the baby name books under either gender.

Please, please help. We will take any suggestions we can get at this point as we don't even want to discuss it with each other anymore.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 kwatts

kwatts

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

Here are some:
Hope
Rae
Ashleigh/Ashlie
Noelle
Joy

#3 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Wow, you are in a situation!

Well, first off I would like to say that Peyton is absolutely adorable. I love it for a girl. :)

Second, I agree with you, that Peyton and London are both too feminine for a boy.

Third: What do you think of:
Peyton Elise
Peyton Riley
Peyton Belle
Peyton Emma
Peyton Audrey

Are those your style?

Fourth, I like Oliver Preston better.

Other middle names for Oliver:
Oliver Luke
Oliver Jude
Oliver Nicholas
Oliver Coleman (or just Cole)
Oliver Tate
Oliver Thomas
Oliver Mason
Oliver Aaron
Oliver Evan

Are those your style?

Hope this helps. ;)

#4 Sunflower16

Sunflower16

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Wow, you are in a situation!

Well, first off I would like to say that Peyton is absolutely adorable. I love it for a girl. :)

Second, I agree with you, that Peyton and London are both too feminine for a boy.

Third: What do you think of:
Peyton Elise
Peyton Riley
Peyton Belle
Peyton Emma
Peyton Audrey

Are those your style?

Fourth, I like Oliver Preston better.

Other middle names for Oliver:
Oliver Luke
Oliver Jude
Oliver Nicholas
Oliver Coleman (or just Cole)
Oliver Tate
Oliver Thomas
Oliver Mason
Oliver Aaron
Oliver Evan

Are those your style?

Hope this helps. ;)

Whoa. This blows my MIND. You have hit my naming style on the HEAD, as far as boys go. I love every single suggestion except the last two - which I still like, just don't love. Sadly, can't use Luke. Mason was actually our pick for a boys name with our first child, and we have since decided it's become a little passe. Love Oliver Tate, Oliver Nicholas is awesome, just a little long for with our 3 syllable last name, and Oliver Jude - well I have been toying with that for days now and just am not sure. I can not believe you got my style like that and NO ONE ELSE has. As for the girl names, I love Peyton Belle or Elle, but DH is not sold. The rest of the girls names are not my style. I would absolutely love any more suggestions you may have for either gender. Seriously, you have been my biggest help so far anywhere and I THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

#5 Sunflower16

Sunflower16

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

Here are some:
Hope
Rae
Ashleigh/Ashlie
Noelle
Joy

Kwatts, thank you so much for your help. I really think Hope is pretty as a girl middle name, only it's one of my mom's best friend's names and she's not overly smart. I do like it though....

Got any more ideas?

Thank you so very much for your help!

#6 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

Wow! I'm glad I helped you so much. :)

I was using the baby middle name generator on this site actually for the suggestions for Oliver, and there were actually a couple of names I put down that I almost didn't because they weren't my style, but then I reminded myself that they may be your style. ;)

Another good thing to use is the Baby Name Wizard on babynamesworld.com. You type in three names you like and it gives you twenty names that people who liked your three names also like. Does that make sense? lol. Sorry if it's confusing.

I'll use both now. OH, by the way, I love Oliver Jude the best. It flows exceptionally well. I have *ed everything I really like/love. :P

These middle names come from lists of people who like the names Oliver, Jude, Tate and Nicholas. Hope you like some:
Oliver Noah
Oliver Ethan
Oliver Liam*
Oliver Gavin
Oliver Benjamin
Oliver Finn
Oliver Isaac*
Oliver Logan*
Oliver James*
Oliver Asher
Oliver Parker
Oliver Nathan
Oliver Ryan*
Oliver Joshua
Oliver William
Oliver Tyler
Oliver Chase*
Oliver Blaise*
Oliver Adonis
Oliver Fisher
Oliver Stone
Oliver Jase
Oliver River
Oliver Aiden
Oliver Kyle
Oliver Kennedy
Oliver Nash

Do you like any of those?

Here are some middle names for Peyton:
Peyton Chloe*
Peyton Addison
Peyton Avery
Peyton Grace*
Peyton Taylor*
Peyton Brooke*
Peyton Bailey
Peyton Lily
Peyton Reese************************************************* :P
Peyton Hailey
Peyton Hannah

I hope you find this helpful. I feel like I have a lot to live up too. ;)

#7 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

Do you like anything?

#8 Sunflower16

Sunflower16

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

Wow! I'm glad I helped you so much. :)

I was using the baby middle name generator on this site actually for the suggestions for Oliver, and there were actually a couple of names I put down that I almost didn't because they weren't my style, but then I reminded myself that they may be your style. ;)

Another good thing to use is the Baby Name Wizard on babynamesworld.com. You type in three names you like and it gives you twenty names that people who liked your three names also like. Does that make sense? lol. Sorry if it's confusing.

I'll use both now. OH, by the way, I love Oliver Jude the best. It flows exceptionally well. I have *ed everything I really like/love. :P

These middle names come from lists of people who like the names Oliver, Jude, Tate and Nicholas. Hope you like some:
Oliver Noah
Oliver Ethan
Oliver Liam*
Oliver Gavin
Oliver Benjamin
Oliver Finn
Oliver Isaac*
Oliver Logan*
Oliver James*
Oliver Asher
Oliver Parker
Oliver Nathan
Oliver Ryan*
Oliver Joshua
Oliver William
Oliver Tyler
Oliver Chase*
Oliver Blaise*
Oliver Adonis
Oliver Fisher
Oliver Stone
Oliver Jase
Oliver River
Oliver Aiden
Oliver Kyle
Oliver Kennedy
Oliver Nash

Do you like any of those?

Here are some middle names for Peyton:
Peyton Chloe*
Peyton Addison
Peyton Avery
Peyton Grace*
Peyton Taylor*
Peyton Brooke*
Peyton Bailey
Peyton Lily
Peyton Reese************************************************* :P
Peyton Hailey
Peyton Hannah

I hope you find this helpful. I feel like I have a lot to live up too. ;)

Hey there Alyssa,

sorry I am slow to reply. I am having trouble figuring out this site and how to get back to my posts to see if there are replies. So many of your suggestions are names that are on my list, but for some reason I can't just quite find "thee one" that jumps out at me.

I think we're going to end up using Oliver Preston, because DH loves Oliver and I love Preston. Our last name is 3 syllables long (if I could figure out how to PM you, I would tell you and you'd know what we're dealing with. LOL.

As for the girl names, I love Peyton Grace, but Grace is used by some close family friends and a co-worker, and I also love Reese a LOT, however, our last name starts with M and so anything with the S sound at the end of the name in front of it (first or middle) sounds messy. Example....if our last name were McDonald and we used Grace, it would all run together like Gray SmcDonald and it's hard to determine where the last name begins. I'm on the fence about Chloe....I like it, but feel it's a little out there. But still like it. I guess I just don't LOVE it. LOL. The other two names that I do love and we can't use, due to negative association, are Taylor and Bailey. They would have been perfect. And as for Avery, well you would laugh. I keep adding it onto my list and then crossing it off. It's nice, it's pretty, it's classy, yet I just don't love, love it.

Does any of this make sense?

Your naming style is exactly what I am looking for and I feel so close to getting the perfect middle name. I am trying to sell DH on Slater as a mn for either Peyton or London, but he doesn't care for it. I also like Brier or Briar, but I used to date a Brian, so that might be a little weird, plus DH doesn't like it at all. And just when I thought London Paige going to do the trick, DH told me he felt iffy on London, as though it was a little much, and that he preferred Peyton. I love both names equally, but London was somehow easier to place a mn with.

Sigh...I'm still looking for that perfect middle name for Peyton. Please don't hate me...

#9 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

To easily find your posts go to your profile (you know how to do that?) and in the center is your about me. There should be a tap at the top thats says posts and forums or something like that. click that and it will bring you to a list of all your posts and forums.

I keep adding it onto my list and then crossing it off. It's nice, it's pretty, it's classy, yet I just don't love, love it.

Does any of this make sense?

It makes perfect sense. :)

I still like Peyton better than London though. I will give you more suggestions. Have you tried using this:

http://babynamegenie...y-middle-names/

or this:

http://babynamesworl...om/name-wizard/

They help me a lot. ;)

I don't hate you! :P

#10 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

Definitely check out the baby name genie generator. It is a great tool to use.

#11 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

Definitely check out the baby name genie generator. It is a great tool to use.

#12 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

You know what's weird though, and this has happened A LOT, is I will be using the baby name generator to look for a middle name for some name I have and right as I will be thinking of a middle name, I will press the button and the name will be there! It happens a lot too! It's starting to freak me out. I think the name generator is psychic. :)

#13 amberdawn

amberdawn

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

I think for London you should go with London Mae
and for Peyton go with Peyton Rae

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users