6 replies to this topic

#1 Annie S.

Annie S.

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

I need help. I have quite a few names on both my girl and boy lists and absolutely no combos. I'll post my girls list here. Please leave comments, listyour favorites and least favorites, suggest combos (with names that either come from my lidt or other names you think I might like), or comment in any other way that you like. I know that all of my names might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I like them all, though I do like some names more than others.

Alice "Ali"~ Family name. My aunt's (who will most likely never have kids) and my grandmother's middle name.
Adelaide "Adley"
Adley~Do you prefer it as a stand alone or as a nickname for Adelaide?
Ever~ mn only
Noah~ Love this name, but I don't like the female spelling 'Noa' really.
Remington "Remi"
Bracken/Brackyn
Grace~ mn only. Honors a sister who has pasted on so it isn't just a filler name for me.
Eden~ mn only. Honors the same sister as 'Grace' does.
Sawyer
Tessa~WDYT? Can it stand alone? Possible full names for it? I don't like Theresa.
Parker
Carter
Oakley
Adele~A new crush of mine. Does it sound too old fashioned?
Noelle
Laken
Rue, Snow, and Gray~mns only.

I also love virtue or object names with special neanings (but mostly as mns.)
I would prefer to have to more boyish names paired up with a more feminine one.
Thanks for the help. :)

#2 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

LOVE:

Alice - Classic and cute, but not too common. I adore this name, it's on my own list!

Grace - It's a lovely classic, and it's great that it honors someone.

Eden - Again, I love that it honors, but I also think Eden is really pretty as a first (the nickname Edie is cute).

Rue - I adore Rue, and it's been on and off my list for some time as a guilty pleasure.

Like:

Adelaide - It's a nice, elegant-sounding classic, a nice alternative to Addison if you're looking for a less popular name (Addie/Addy is another cute nickname option).

Tessa - This can definitely stand on it's own! I didn't really know it was short for anything haha. I think this is really pretty, and you have possible nickname options Tess/Tessie.

Adele - I don't think it's too old-fashioned. Classic names as well as Ad- names are becoming more popular now. I think this one's really pretty, and it's a nice breath of fresh air since you don't hear it around a lot (again, you have nickname options Addie/Ellie if you want one - I'm a fan of nicknames, if you can tell  ;)).

Noelle - This one is really pretty, and I haven't heard it around too much, either.

Dislike:

Adley - It reminds me of Hadley, which I don't like, and it seems unfinished as a standalone. It could work as a nickname for Adelaide though

Ever - I don't mind Everly, but just Ever seems unfinished and not really like a name to me so much as a word.

Noah - I love this name on boys, but don't like it on girls.

Remington - Not my style at all, and it sounds very masculine. Remi is cute, but I would look for a different full name for it.

Bracken/Brackyn - Seems masculine to me, and I don't really like it on either gender.

Sawyer, Parker, Carter, Oakley - I much prefer all of these names on boys.

Laken - Just not my style.

Snow - It just reminds me of Snow White, and I couldn't see it on a child. It could be pretty as a middle, though.

Gray - I absolutely love Gray on boys, just not on girls.

Some combo suggestions:

Tessa Gray

Parker Noelle / Noelle Parker

Adelaide Rue

Violet Eden / Violet Grace

Eliza Carter / Eliza Snow

Piper Adele / Harper Adele / Adele Harper

Alice Ruby / Alice Harper / Alice Parker / Alice Everly

I hope this helps! Good luck with your list!  :) 

#3 Annie S.

Annie S.

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

Thanks. That did help Jenna. You also made me laugh because the main character in my very favorite book's first and last name is Tessa Gray, which is one of the combos you suggested. 😊😊😊

#4 EmmaLandon

EmmaLandon

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

Alice - Beautiful classic name. And who doesn't love Alice in wonderland. I've never actually met anyone with this name. Its one of those names that suits a girl for her whole life. 

Adelaide - This name is also on my long list of favorites! Its pretty and in some way kind of unique. Addie is the first nn that comes to mind for Adelaide. Adley sounds like a name that could stand on its own, like Hadley, Adalyn, or Adeline. 

Ever - Not really a name, just a word. And its not a word with any meaning unlike the names/words Joy, Hope, Faith, Liberty, and Grace.

Noah - Noah/Noa is a boys name. 

Remington - This is a boys name, and in my opinion its more of a surname then a first name. 

Bracken/Brackyn - Horrible

Grace - Beautiful name on its own, and adding that its a family name that honors a loved one, makes it even better.

Eden - Not my favorite name in the world. But its not bad. There is a five year old girl in my church that is named Eden Coralee and she is a sweetheart. 

Sawyer - BOYS NAME

Tessa - I don't like Theresa ether, and I think Tessa can stand perfectly fine on its own. Tessa is actually on my very long fave list too.  

Parker - BOYS NAME. I have a nephew named Parker Ridge who is two years old, and is the most darling boy in the world. Big blue eyes, and a mop of golden curls! Love him. His sisters name is Poppy Elise and she is four. Parker is a boys name. 

Carter - This is another boys name....

Oakley - I have a cousin named Oakley Shane. He is a great man...  Oakley is a boys name. 

Adele - Not at all old fashioned. People are bringing back names such as Ruth, Millie, Meredith, and Maude; all of which sound dated to me. Adele is just super pretty, and very similar to Adelaide. 

Noelle - Really sweet winter name. And I like Noelle way more then Noel. 

Laken - Is this something you made up. I've never heard it before. It sounds like a complete boys name to me. 

Rue -Its a cute mn only. I could never see it as a first name. Makes my think of the hunger games character, and Kanga & Rue from Winnie the Pooh.

Snow - No

Gray - Sad dull color. Sad stormy rain clouds, Christian Grey from those terrible S&M books/movies...... No

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 Macey Graye

Macey Graye

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

Alice- I personally dislike the name. I also know a woman named Alice who isn't a very kind person.

Adelaide- it's ok. Not bad just not my style, reminds me slightly of lemonade.

Adley- I love this! Sounds unique, but classy and similar to Hadley, which I love!

Ever- I like this! I've never considered it before but it sounds elegant. The only concern for me would be kids making fun of it.

Noah- I picture Noah more as a boy.

Remington nn Remi- reminds me of the rat for ratoulle. But is cute.

Bracken- cute but reminds me of Brock.

Grace- I don't really like but it is sweet because it's to honor some one

Eden- same as Grace

Tessa- it's ok

Parker, Carter, Oakley, Laken -I love them!!! I simply adore them!

Noelle, and Adele - I just dislike idk why

Rue- hunger games. Sorry

Snow- ok...

Gray- love it!! I like it paired with macey

#6 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,670 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

Alice "Ali"~ A pretty, classic name. Some people might find it a tad old-fashioned, but I think the nickname Ali updates it nicely. I think it's great 
Adelaide "Adley"- Adelaide is another pretty classic. I never would have thought of Adley as a nickname,but I like it! 
Adley~I would prefer it as a nickname for Adelaide, but it can work fine on it's own.
Ever~ Not a fan.
Noah~ I don't like this name on a girl, regardless of spelling.
Remington "Remi"- I love this name, but only on a boy.
Bracken/Brackyn- I don't like this one. It has a harsh sound, and it makes me think of the woods... (Bracken is actually a word for a group of wild ferns growing together).
Grace~ I've always liked the name Grace (regardless of its "filler" status). It has a beautiful meaning, and a nice way to honor your sister.
Eden~ This one has grown on me quite a bit recently. I love the nickname Edie.
Sawyer- Prefer it on a boy.
Tessa~It's a pretty name, and I think it can stand alone just fine.
Parker- Only on a boy
Carter- Likewise, I only like it on a boy.
Oakley- Makes me think of Annie Oakley. I don't really like it as a first name.
Adele~I think this is a beautiful name. I don't find it old-fashioned at all.
Noelle- Pretty! Probably my favorite Christmas name.
Laken- I've never been a fan of this one.
Rue- I've liked this name since I first read Hunger Games. It's a bit of a GP for me, but I think it's adorable.

Snow- I like this one a lot, actually. Like you, I'd probably only use it as a middle name.

Grey- I know a girl whose middle name is Grey, but I still think of it as a boy's name...

#7 michelle6942

michelle6942

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

I love Grace, Adelaide, Eden and Noelle!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users