• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

Graeme and I talked girls names last night, seeing as we've got our boys all wrapped up. Girls names are a lot harder though, we spent about the same amount of time on them, and got next to nothing done lol. Here is what we have managed to agree on so far. Opinions and any suggestions would be great!

Phoebe (first name)

Beatrix "Bea" (first name)

Hermione "Mia/Mimi" (first name)

Ellen (middle name)

Dorothy (middle name)

Anna (middle name)

Zoe (either)

Thanks in advance!

Hannah x

#2 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Phoebe (first name) - I love Phoebe! It's one of those names that doesn't have specific ties to any decade so it doesn't feel 70s, 80s, or 90s, but it's still not too out there or overly unique. Although it's not a classic like Elizabeth or Katherine it's one of those names that's going to be around for awhile. Plus, it sounds really pretty and looks great too. A+

Beatrix "Bea" (first name) - absolutely LOVE this name! It's on my GP list, I will admit, because of Kill Bill. Great name. Bea is a great nn and I also love Trixie, but I understand if that's not your style. A++

Hermione "Mia/Mimi" (first name) - great name, great connection to Harry Potter, but that's just it. I can't think of anything not HP-related when it comes to this name. This girl will have to endure witch jokes all her life. There are certainly worse names out there. Well, I see you're from England so idk the teasing may not be as bad there. Us Americans can be rather cruel. :/ B-

Ellen (middle name) - love this name! It's actually my dog's middle name. Yes, I give my pets middle names. I'm such a dork! Her full name is Zoey Ellen. Funny you have Zoe on your list too! I think Ellen is a great name. I also like Helen. It's classic and ages well. Ellie would be a cute nickname, but this is one of those names where it doesn't really need one. A-

Dorothy (middle name) - I will be completely honest. I don't like this name at all. First, all I can think of is The Wizard of Oz. Second, I think it's kind of bland. :/ I can't picture it on anyone but someone 60+. Plus, there aren't really any nickname possibilities. D

Anna (middle name) - love! So classic and just a great name. A

Zoe (either) - Love this name. It's pretty and not too trendy, but not odd either. I do think it would work wonderful as a fn and a mn. For me the preference would be on the combo. A
  • Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

Phoebe (first name) - I love Phoebe! It's one of those names that doesn't have specific ties to any decade so it doesn't feel 70s, 80s, or 90s, but it's still not too out there or overly unique. Although it's not a classic like Elizabeth or Katherine it's one of those names that's going to be around for awhile. Plus, it sounds really pretty and looks great too. A+

Beatrix "Bea" (first name) - absolutely LOVE this name! It's on my GP list, I will admit, because of Kill Bill. Great name. Bea is a great nn and I also love Trixie, but I understand if that's not your style. A++

Hermione "Mia/Mimi" (first name) - great name, great connection to Harry Potter, but that's just it. I can't think of anything not HP-related when it comes to this name. This girl will have to endure witch jokes all her life. There are certainly worse names out there. Well, I see you're from England so idk the teasing may not be as bad there. Us Americans can be rather cruel. :/ B-

Ellen (middle name) - love this name! It's actually my dog's middle name. Yes, I give my pets middle names. I'm such a dork! Her full name is Zoey Ellen. Funny you have Zoe on your list too! I think Ellen is a great name. I also like Helen. It's classic and ages well. Ellie would be a cute nickname, but this is one of those names where it doesn't really need one. A-

Dorothy (middle name) - I will be completely honest. I don't like this name at all. First, all I can think of is The Wizard of Oz. Second, I think it's kind of bland. :/ I can't picture it on anyone but someone 60+. Plus, there aren't really any nickname possibilities. D

Anna (middle name) - love! So classic and just a great name. A

Zoe (either) - Love this name. It's pretty and not too trendy, but not odd either. I do think it would work wonderful as a fn and a mn. For me the preference would be on the combo. A

Thanks for the elaborate opinions, I'm happy you like so many :-) Phoebe seems to be getting very popular over here, I know 3 under 10, but i love it too much to let that bother me lol. I actually prefer Beatrice a tiny bit more than Beatrix, because Trixie is really not a name I like, and im sure it will get used at some point, but I'll have to remind people that she's Beatrix, or Bea, and hopefully they'll get the message. Graeme likes Beatrix more, and the small difference doesn't bother me too much. I'm just glad we've agreed on something! As for Hermione, it does worry me a little bit, but she'll probably be Mia/Mimi in the playground, which will cause less teasing. This was probably the first name we agreed on, and I love it. We have Dorothy as a middle to honour Graeme's cousin, who goes by Dot. She's a wonderful woman, and I'm glad to use Dorothy to honour her. Ellen clashes with Graeme's surname which starts with N, so will probably be relegated to first middle, as in --- Ellen --- Neilson. Anna is a middle because my first name is Hannah, and I wouldn't name my daughter Anna, but I like it as a middle. I'm not sure whether I love Zoe enough to have it as a first name, it is cute, but I worry about it being too popular, and I don't know if I like it enough for it to stay.

Thanks again!
  • alyssa897 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users