Photo

Poll #4: Names pertaining to water

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: Names pertaining to water (10 member(s) have cast votes)

WATER

1. Ondine – Latin meaning “little wave”; also the mythological spirit of the waters (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Brenna – Gaelic meaning “little drop of water” (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Vanora – Old Welsh meaning “white wave” (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. Nereida (pron. ne-RAY-dah) – Greek meaning “sea nymph”; also known in mythology as mermaids (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

5. Cordelia (pron. kor-DEEL-yah) – Irish meaning “jewel of the sea” (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

This post goes along with my "Elemental Names" topic found here: http://www.babynameg...?showtopic=9615

I wanted to poll everbody on which names they thought were best for each element, but it only let me post three polls on the original topic. So here's the poll for water; the polls for fire, earth, and air can be found at the link above.

Thanks!

~Malerie :D

This is the description from the other topic.
Water: She is the heart of the group - kind, self-content, even-tempered, peaceful, calm, reliable, accepting, affectionate, relaxed, rational, curious, observant, and sometimes shy. She is very closely in touch with the group's feelings, and in tune with the nuances and subtleties in the environment that others don't even notice. Her approach to life is to understand it through emotions, and she's best when playing her hunches (kind of like Gibbs and his gut - for all you NCIS fans out there). She has an intense sensitivity that permits her to experience the heights of emotional bliss, but it can also take her to the depths of despair. She also has a natural feel and sense for the arts - dance, music, poetry, and photography. Her biggest flaw is the inclination to let the heart rule the head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users