#1 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

Use this dice to play: DICE

Your name is (NAME) and you are 15 years old. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom (your father walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

What do you look like?

Hair:
1 - Blonde
2 - Red
3 - Brown
4 - Black
5 - Other
6 - Your Choice

Eyes
1 - Blue
2 - Green
3 - Brown
4 - Glasz
5 - Hazel
6 - Your Choice

What is your mom's name?
1 or 2: first & middle names from http://www.behindthe...p/lists/ud/1980
3 or 4: first & middle names from http://www.behindthe...p/lists/ud/1970
5 or 6: first & middle names from http://www.behindthe...p/lists/ud/1960
Mom's name:

Where do you live?
1: Virginia Beach, Virginia
2: Trenton, New Jersey
3: Brooklyn, New York
4: Cincinnati, Ohio
5: Detroit, Michigan
6: Chicago, Illinois

Where do you get your first job?
1: McDonald's
2: Target
3: JCPenney
4: Wal-Mart
5: Wendy's
6: Burger King

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, (HER NAME), (first & middle names ), dies at age (AGE) of (CAUSE OF DEATH). Since your grandfather, (HIS NAME), (first & middle names) died (ROLL THE DICE) years before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, (GRANDMOTHER'S NAME), explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, (GRANDFATHER'S NAME) had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved--you never liked (ADOPTIVE GRANDMOTHER'S NAME), but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Through city hall, you manage to get a hold of your mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for you to make out. Your next step is to test out your reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing your grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until you meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to your grandparents for most of her life. She tells you that there were rumors that your grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until your adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. You ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold your breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!!

What is your biological grandmother's name?
1 or 2: first & middle names from http://www.behindthe...sts/ud/1910/100
3 or 4: first & middle names from http://www.behindthe...sts/ud/1920/100
5 or 6: first & middle names from http://www.behindthe...sts/ud/1930/100
Surname:
1 or 2: http://surnames.behi.../100uss1990.php
3 or 4: http://surnames.behi.../100ens1991.php
5 or 6: http://surnames.behi.../100scs2001.php
Her name:

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over (ROLL THE DICE) years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Where does she live?
1: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2: Boston, Massachusetts
3: Richmond, Virginia
4: Rochester, New York
5: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
6: Albany, New York

Now what do you do? You have no idea! It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge you and your mother as her family. What if she doesn't want you? Can you live with the fact that you have family somewhere and they don't know you even exist? You're not sure if you're brave enough to take that chance.

To be continued.....

#2 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

My name is Violet Tatum Reichert and I'm 15 years old, have blonde hair and glasz eyes. People have always told me I'm pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking. I love to help those in need. I live with my single mom, Jenifer Mary Reichert, my father walked out when I was 4 years old, in a low-income area of a big city in Trenton, New Jersey . The day I turned fifteen, I applied for my first job and I was accepted at JCPenney. What I make is not much, but my mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to me. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem, and I'm too embarrassed by that to have people over at my house.

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, Mary Linda Carter, died at age 85 of a heart attack. Since my grandfather, James Robert Carter, died 3 years before, I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives, including my grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still drags me to her funeral, hoping we might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than me and my mom put together.

Turns out, my grandmother did not leave us a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to me and my mom from her. In the letter, Mary, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, James had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates my mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for me, honestly, I'm a little relieved--I never liked Mary, but I'm extremely curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When I ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Through city hall, I manage to get a hold of my mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. my next step is to test out my reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until I meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to my grandparents for most of her life. She tells me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until your adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. I asked Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold your breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name! It was Elizabeth Rose Vang.

I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. I save whatever money I can from the twenty hours a week that I work until I have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name I have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turn sixteen, he gets back to me: he found her! She lives in a different state, Rochester, New York, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 5 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

#3 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

Your name is Olive Camille Beckett and you are 15 years old. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom (your father walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

DETAILS:-
Appearance: brown hair and green eyes.
Mother's name: Elisabeth "Lisa" Mary Beckett
Job: Wendy's

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, Martha Gail, dies at age 63 of a heart attack. Since your grandfather, Walter Eugene Beckett, died 6 years before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny - she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, Martha explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, grandpa Walter had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant - with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved - you never liked Martha, but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Through city hall, you manage to get a hold of your mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for you to make out. Your next step is to test out your reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing your grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until you meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to your grandparents for most of her life. She tells you that there were rumors that your grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until your adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. You ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold your breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!!

Her name is Virginia "Ginny" Ruth Campbell.

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 8 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

She lives in Rochester, New York.

Now what do you do? You have no idea! It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge you and your mother as her family. What if she doesn't want you? Can you live with the fact that you have family somewhere and they don't know you even exist? You're not sure if you're brave enough to take that chance.

To be continued...

#4 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

My name is Katelyn Isabelle Stewart *Katie and I am 15 years old. I have blonde hair and brown eyes. People say I am pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate and hardworking. I love to help those in need. I live with my single mom, Amber Brittany (my father walked out when I was 4 years old) in a low-income area of Cincinnati, Ohio. The day I turned fifteen, I applied for my first job, at Target, and got it. What I make is not much, but my mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to me. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem. I am too embarrassed by that to have people over at my house.

A few months after I started my first job, my grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Cooper, dies at age 74 of cancer. Since my grandfather, Thomas Edward Cooper died a year before, I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives, including my grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still drags me to her funeral, hoping I might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than me and my mom put together.

Turns out, my grandmother did not leave me a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to me and my mom from my grandmother. In the letter, Mary explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Tom had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates my mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for me, honestly, I'm a little relieved--I never liked Mary, but I am extremely curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When I ask my mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. I decide to take matters into my own hands.

Through city hall, I manage to get a hold of my mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. My next step is to test out my reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until I meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to my grandparents for most of her life. She tells me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until my adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. I ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold my breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!! Dorothy Eileen Walker

I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I keep it to myself for almost a whole year. I save whatever money I can from the twenty hours a week that I work until I have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name I have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turn sixteen, he gets back to me: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over two years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy. She lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

My name is Natalie Virginia Stevens and I am 15 years old. I have black hair and hazel eyes. I'm smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and love to help those in need. I live with my mom, Vicki Michelle (my dad walked out on us when I was 4 years old) in Brooklyn, New York. The day I turned fifteen, I got my very first job at Burger King. I don't make very much money, but my mom can use all the she can get. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem, so I'm a bit embarrassed by that and don't like to invite people over at the house.

A few months after starting at Burger King, my grandmother, Shirley Delores Abernathy, dies at the age of 63 due to Heart complications. Since my grandfather, Arthur Dennis Abernathy, died five years before, I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives, including my grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still insists I go to her funeral, hoping I might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than me and my mom put together.

Turns out, my grandmother did not leave us a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to me and my mom. In the letter, Shirley, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Artie had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates my mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. I'm honestly relieved at the news--I never liked Shirley, and I'm intrigued to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When I bring it up to my mom, her only response is to break down into tears, so I decide to take matters into my own hands.

Through city hall, I manage to get a hold of my mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. My next step is to test out my reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until I meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to my grandparents for most of her life. She tells me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until Shirley confirmed it in her will. I ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold my breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!!

My biological grandmother's name was Helen Louise Robinson

I practically bounce off the walls with excitement, but I keep the information to myself for almost a whole year. I decide to save whatever money I can in order to hire a private investigator. With a name, as well as the additional information, he is able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turn sixteen, he gets back to me: he found her! She lives Philladelphia, Pennsylvania, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over five years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Now what do you do? I have no idea! It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge me or my mother as her family. What if she doesn't want us? Can I live with the fact that I have family somewhere and they don't even know I exist? I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to take that chance.

To be continued.....

#6 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Your name is Genevieve Patricia Stokes and you are 15 years old. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom, Rachel Michelle Stokes (your father walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

What do you look like?

Hair:
2 - Red

Eyes
3 - Brown

Where do you live?
1: Virginia Beach, Virginia

6: Burger King

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, Helen Frances Stokes, dies at age 75 of cancer. Since your grandfather, Douglas Robert Stokes, died 3 years before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, Helen, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Douglas had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved--you never liked Helen, but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Her name: Grace Louise Edwards

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 2 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Where does she live?
4: Rochester, New York

#7 Madylin Rose

Madylin Rose

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Vampire Diaries (sooooo team Damon!)<br />The Lying Game (!!!!)<br />Cheerleading<br />OND (Obsessive Name Disorder)<br />Reading Writing<br />Names (uh... DUH!)<br />How I Met You Mother (awesome TV show)<br />Basketball<br />Raising Hope (LOVE THIS SHOW!)

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Your name is Elizabeth Amelia Earley and you are 15 years old. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom (your father walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

Elizabeth's:
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel

Mom's name:
Dawn Jacqueline

Where do you live?
Trenton, New Jersey

Target

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, Amelia Anne, dies at age 73 of cancer. Since your grandfather, Harvey Silas, died threeyears before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, Amelia, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Harvey had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved--you never liked Amelia, but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Her name: Elizabeth Griffin

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, especially about you and her sharing the same name, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over four years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Where does she live?
Albany, New York

To be continued.....

#8 ABR

ABR

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

I am Hadley Erin Thompson and I am 15 years old. I have long dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I live with my single mom, Whitney Amanda Thompson, (my father walked out when I was 4 years old) in a low-income area of Detroit. The day I turned fifteen, I applied for my first job at Burger King and I was accepted. What I make is not much, but my mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to me. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem, and I’m too embarrassed by that to have people over at my house.
A few months after I started my first job, my grandmother, Janet Ruth Thompson dies at age 97 of cancer. Since my grandfather, Richard Paul Thompson, died 5 years before, I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives, including my grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still dragged me to her funeral, hoping I might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than my mom and I put together.
Turns out, my grandmother did not leave me a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will was a letter addressed to my mom and I from my grandmother. In the letter, Janet, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Richard had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant—with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.
This news absolutely devastated my mother, so much that she locked herself up in her bedroom and didn’t come out for literally two days. As for me, honestly, I’m a little relieved--you never liked Janet, but I was extremely curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When I asked my mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. I decided to take matters into my own hands.
Through city hall, I managed to get a hold of your mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. My next step was to test out my reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until I met Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to your grandparents for most of her life. She told me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until your adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. I asked Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and held my breath. She said yes, and gave my the name Kathryn Mabel Ward.
I was bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I kept it to myself for almost a whole year. I saved whatever money I could from the twenty hours a week that I worked until I had enough to hire a private investigator. With the name I had, as well as additional information, he was able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turned sixteen, he got back to me: he had found her! She lives in Rochester, New York, where she moved she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over a year, had two daughters, and has recently retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.
Now what do I do? I have no idea! It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge my mother and I are her family. What if she doesn't want me? Can I live with the fact that I have family somewhere and they don't know I even exist? I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to take that chance.

Posted Image

#9 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Grandmother: Mary Alice (Scott) Hawthorne (1937-2012)

Grandfather: Archibald Phillip Hawthorne (1936-2009)

BioGrandmother: Evelyn Louise (Thompson) Wilson (63)
-has been widowed for 3 years
-lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mother: Caroline Elizabeth (Hawthorne) Simmons (40)

Daughter: Claire Elizabeth Simmons (16)
-Brown hair and glasz eyes
-Lives in Chicago, Illinois
-Works at Wendy's

#10 Alexx

Alexx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Me: Emma Rosalie Carter (16, Auburn Hair, Blue Eyes)
Mom: Stephenie Kate Carter (33, Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes)
Grandmother: Katherine Rose Smith (52, Lives In Boston, Massachusetts)

Posted Image

Other
Live In Virginia Beach, Virginia, Work At Walmart
Grandfather: James Edward Carter (64, deceased, passed away due to unknown causes)
Adoptive Grandmother: Ellen Margaret Walker (63, deceased, passed away due to lung failure)

#11 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Your name is Hazel Charlotte Grandy and you are 15 years old. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom (your father walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

Details:
- Red Hair
- Glasz Eyes
- Mom: Heidi Catherine
- Job: Walmart

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, Anna Carolyn, dies at age 85 of a stroke. Since your grandfather, Henry Thomas, died three years before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, Anna, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Henry had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved--you never liked Anna, but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Biological Grandmother: Margaret "Maggie" Florence Campbell

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 2 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Lives in: Albany, New York

#12 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Your name is Lillia Cadence Ryerson and you are 15 years old, with blonde hair and green eyes. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom, Tiffany Sarah Ryerson, (your father, Lucas Michael Ryerson, walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of Cincinnati, Ohio. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job at Wendy's and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, Carolyn Joyce Harper, dies at age 72 of liver disease. Since your grandfather, William George Harper, died five years before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, Carolyn, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, William had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved--you never liked Carolyn, but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Through city hall, you manage to get a hold of your mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for you to make out. Your next step is to test out your reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing your grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until you meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to your grandparents for most of her life. She tells you that there were rumors that your grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until your adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. You ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold your breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!! Katherine Jo Sinclair.

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, Richmond, Virginia, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 1 year, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Tiffany Sarah Ryerson (& Lucas Michael Ryerson) w/ Lillia Cadence Ryerson
William George Harper & Katherine Jo Sinclair (& Carolyn Joyce Harper) w/ Tiffany Sarah Ryerson

#13 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Your name is Hannah Lauren Bishop and you are 15 years old. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom (your father walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

What do you look like?
Black hair, blue eyes
Posted Image

What's your mom's name?
Sandra Kathleen Bishop

Where do you live?
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Where did you get your first job?
Target

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, Marilyn Sue Bishop, dies at age 78 of a stroke. Since your grandfather, George Peter Bishop, died 1 year before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, Marilyn explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, George had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved--you never liked Marilyn, but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Who is your biological grandma?
Clara Pauline MacLean

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 6 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Where does she live?
Albany, New York

To be continued...

#14 hollyann

hollyann

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

My name is Ava Kathryn Miller and I’m 15 years old. I have long black hair and blue eyes. I’m pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and I love to help those in need. I live with my single mom, Jennifer Michelle Miller, (My father walked out when I were 4 years old) in a low-income area of Chicago, Illinois. The day I turn fifteen, I apply for my first job at Wendy’s and I’m accepted. What I make is not much, but my mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to me. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem, and I’m too embarrassed by that to have people over at my house.

A few months after I start my first job, my grandmother, Carolyn Barbara , dies at age 78 of breast cancer. Since my grandfather, Jonathan William, died 4 years before; I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives, including my grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still drags me to her funeral, hoping I might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than I and my mom put together.

Turns out, my grandmother did not leave me a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to I and My mom from my grandmother. In the letter, Carolyn, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates my mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for I, honestly, I’m a little relieved--I never liked Carolyn, curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When I ask my mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. I decide to take matters into my own hands.

Through city hall, I manage to get a hold of my mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. My next step is to test out my reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and they memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it used to be, it's difficult. Until I meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to my grandparents for most of her life. She tells me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until Carolyn announced it in her will. I ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold your breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!! Lillian Rose Harris

I’m bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I keep it to myself for almost a whole year. I save whatever money I can from the twenty hours a week that I work until I have enough to hymen a private investigator. With the name I have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turn sixteen, he gets back to me: he found her! She lives in Albany, New York where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 3 years, had two daughters, and has termed from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Now what do I do? I have no idea! It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge me and my mother as her family. What if she doesn't want me? Can I live with the fact that I have family somewhere and they don't know I even exist? I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to take that chance.

To be continued.....

Posted Image

#15 glitchinggecko

glitchinggecko

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,697 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, NFL, and F1.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Name: Jessica 'Jess' Elizabeth James
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Job: Wal-Mart

Name: Angela 'Angie' Elizabeth James
Hair: Red
Relation: Mother

Name: Margaret 'Molly' Elizabeth James
Hair: Grey (was Brown)
Relation: Adoptive Grandmother
Cause of Death: Pneumonia

Name: Jospeh 'Joe' John James
Hair: Grey (was Red)
Eyes: Blue
Relation: Grandfather
Cause of Death: Cancer

Name: Lillian 'Lily' Rose Alexander
Hair: Grey (was Blonde)
Relation: Biological Grandmother

#16 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'm Teresa Ivy. I'm 15 years old and have strawberry blonde hair and glasz eyes. People always tell me that smart and hardworking as well as thoughtful and compassionate. My best friend even say I'm pretty, I don't know about that one but it's nice to hear. My dad left when I was 4 years old and my mom, Tiffany Nicole, always needs help to make ends meet so between school and working at Burger King I'm pretty busy.
A few months after I started working my grandmother, Susan Kathleen died at 60 from a heart attack. I hadn't seen her in awhile, not since my grandpa, Gerald Kenneth died 2 years ago. It didn't bother me much though. My grandmother wasn't a very nice person, but Mom still dragged me to the funeral hoping she'd left us some money. She wasn't rich but she had more money than me and Mom.
Turns out she didn't leave us anything, not a single penny, in fact, she's not even my real grandmother. Attached to her will was a letter for me and Mom. It explained that after seven years of marriage and three kids my grandpa Gerald had an affair with a much younger woman for almost a year before his mistress became pregnant with Mom. Her parents forced her to give Mom to my grandpa and his wife to raise. The girl's parents paid them to keep both the affair and the adoption quiet.
Mom was devestated. She locked herself in her room for literally two days. Honestly, I was a little relieved. I never like Susan much anyway. But a nagging curiousity about my real grandmother pulls at me. I asked Mom about finding her but it only made her cry. So I guess I won't have Mom's help in finding her.
Digging around city hall I found Mom's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name on the line for her birthmother is too faded to read. The on;y other option is to track down my grandparents' old neighbors and see if they know anything. But since most of them would be in their 70's or older I'm not expectiong them to remember much. Mrs. Jones had lived next to my grandparents for most of her life and that she remembers rumors of my grandpa having an affair but it was never made public until Susan said something about it in her will. Forunately she remembers the girls name! Marjorie Alice Wood.
Keeping it to myself for a whole year was hard. I could barelt contain my excitement but I tried to so I wouldn't upset Mom. I'd finally saved up enough to hire a private invesitgator. With her name and other miscellaneous information I have he's able to find her a week after my 16th birthday! She moved to Albany, New York after she finished high school and got married. But her husband died about a year ago. She has two daughters and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.
It's been over thirty years and she's not acknowledged me or Mom as family. What is she doesn't want us. I don't know if I could live knowing that I have family somewhere else that doesn't even know I exsist.

#17 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

My name is Wendy Eve Summers, I am 15 years old with Brown Hair and Glasz and I live in Brooklyn, New York. People tell me I'm pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, but I mainly just love to help those in need. I live with my single mom, Gwendolyn Evette Summers, (my father walked out when I was 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day I turned fifteen, I applied for my first job at Wendy's (Funny right?) and I was accepted. What I make is not much, but my mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me with a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to me. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem, so I'm usually too embarrassed by that to have people over at the house.

A few months after I started my first job, my grandmother, Rosemary Elaine Summers, died at age 68 of a heart attack. Since my grandfather, Theodore James Summers, died 4 years before, I hadn't seen much of my mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still drug me to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than mom and I put together.

Turns out, my grandmother did not leave us a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to my mom and I from your grandmother. In the letter, Rosemary explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Theodore had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates my mother so much so that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. I, in all honestly, am a little relieved-- I never liked Rosemary, but I am extremely curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When you ask my mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Through city hall, I managed to get a hold of my mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. My next step is to test out my reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until I meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to your grandparents for most of her life. She tells me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until Rosemary announced it in her will. I asked Mrs. Jones if she had any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold me breath. She says yes, she remembered the girl's name!!! Wanda Evelyn Bell!!

I was bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I kept it to myself for almost a whole year. I saved whatever money I could from the twenty hours a week that I worked until I had enough to hire a private investigator. With the name I had, as well as additional information, he is able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turned sixteen, he gets back to me: he found her! She lives in Boston, Massachusetts where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 5 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

What was I supposed to do now? It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge me or my mother as her family. What if she doesn't want us? Could I live with the fact that I had family somewhere and they don't know I even existed? You're not sure if you're brave enough to take that chance.......

#18 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

grandmother: Carolyn Frances Dawes (1949-2012)
grandfather: Kenneth Alan Dawes "Ken" (1942-2007)

bio-grandmother: Hazel Pauline Simmons (54)
- widowed two years
- lives in Albany, NY

mother: Amy Victoria Dawes (38)

daughter: Arabella Caitlin Dawes "Ari" (16)
- red hair, green eyes
- lives in Cincinnati, OH
- works at Target

#19 coyote19

coyote19

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Traveling, Japan, Languages, and Names : )

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

My name is Layla Christabelle Elise Kipling, I'm 15 years old and work at McDonald's in Trenton NJ to help my mom Rhonda Suzanne Yvette Kipling. Working and going to school takes up most of my time so I don't really have much of a social life, which is fine really; I wouldn't want people coming to my house anyway. Recently my grandma, Beverly Gail Kipling, who's been in the hospital for awhile past away (77) of pneumonia. I never really spent time with her and I imagine the three years after my grandfather, Curtis Phillip Kipling's, death was hard on her after all she died as a mean and lonely lady. Even though I've never liked my grandma, and vice versa, my mom insisted that I go to the reading of the will just in case she left us some money which I think is very unlikely.
While at the reading of the will, I was right about the money thing however we didn't leave without...shall we say some enlightenment. In my grandmothers will, she essentially gave the family a metaphorical middle finger, particularly me and my mom. Turns out my grandfather had an affair which my mom is the product of. Instead of making the affair into some public scandal my -adoptive- grandma claimed my mom as her daughter but I suppose she's always sort of been angry about the whole thing which explains why she's always been kinda mean to me and my mom.
After the reading I was very curious about my real grandmother so I did some digging, birth records proved to be a waste so I did some interviews of my grandmas neighbors which yielded some results~! I now know that my biological grandmas name is, her name is Florence Elizabeth Williams. Wanting more information I saved up money for months to hire a private investigator, I now know that Florence moved to Pittsburgh PA. I'm not sure what to do with that information....I want to meet her and the rest of my family but if she wanted me to be a part of mine or my mothers life then she would have by now right?

Posted Image

Layla Kipling

Blonde hair and grey eyes

#20 astrothief42

astrothief42

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names, DIY, Grand Theft Auto, Harry Potter, Hawaii Five-0, Kingdom Hearts, Music, The Sims, Writing

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

My name is Ivy Ann Muller, and I am 15 years old. I have blonde hair and glasz eyes. People tell me I'm pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and I love to help those in need. I live with my single mom (my father walked out when I was 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The day I turn fifteen, I apply for my first job at Wal-Mart, and I'm accepted. What I make is not much, but my mom, Tracy Shannon Muller, needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to me. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem, and I'm too embarrassed by that to have people over at my house.

A few months after I start my first job, my grandmother, Connie Lois Muller, dies at age 74 of Breast Cancer. Since my grandfather, Joseph Raymond Muller, died 6 years before, I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives, including my grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still drags me to her funeral, hoping I might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than me and my mom put together.

Turns out, my grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to me and my mom from my grandmother. In the letter, Connie, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Joseph had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates my mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for me, honestly, I'm a little relieved--I never liked Connie, but I am extremely curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When I ask my mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. I decide to take matters into my own hands.

Through city hall, I manage to get a hold of my mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. My next step is to test out my reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until I meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to my grandparents for most of her life. She tells me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until my adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. I ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold my breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!! Her name is Evelyn Judith Bennett.

I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I keep it to myself for almost a whole year. I save whatever money I can from the twenty hours a week that I work until I have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name I have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turn sixteen, he gets back to me: he found her! She lives in a different state, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 5 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Now what do I do? I have no idea! It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge me and my mother as her family. What if she doesn't want me? Can I live with the fact that I have family somewhere and they don't know I even exist? I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to take that chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users