24 replies to this topic

#21 Therandombanana

Therandombanana

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

Your name is Ellie Sasha Hudson and you are 15 years old. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom (your father walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

You have black hair and brown eyes.
Mom's name: Caitlin Erika Hudson
You live in Brooklyn, New York.
Your first job was at Burger King.

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother Kathryn Rose Hudson died aged 83 because of a heart attack. Since your grandfather, Ralph James Hudson, died 4 years before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, Kathryn explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Ralph had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved--you never liked Kathryn, but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Through city hall, you manage to get a hold of your mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for you to make out. Your next step is to test out your reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing your grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until you meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to your grandparents for most of her life. She tells you that there were rumors that your grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until your adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. You ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold your breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!!

Her name was Louise Jane Smith.

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 3 years. years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

She lives in Boston, Massachusetts.

#22 Amsel

Amsel

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Your name is Odette Thomasina Ford and you are 15 years old. You're pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and you love to help those in need. You live with your single mom (your father walked out when you were 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day you turn fifteen, you apply for your first job and you're accepted. What you make is not much, but your mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave you a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to you. You don't have a whole lot of friends and your mom has a drinking problem, and you're too embarrassed by that to have people over at your house.

What do you look like?
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Glasz

What is your mom's name? Marcella Beatrice Ford
Where do you live? Chicago, Illinois
Where do you get your first job? Target

A few months after you start your first job, your grandmother, Rose Elizabeth Ford, dies at age 72 of cancer. Since your grandfather, Theodore William Ford died 4 years before, you haven't seen much of your mother's relatives, including your grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, your mom still drags you to her funeral, hoping you might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than you and your mom put together.

Turns out, your grandmother did not leave you a single penny--she's not even your grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to you and your mom from your grandmother. In the letter, Rose, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Theodore had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with your mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates your mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for you, honestly, you're a little relieved--you never liked Rose, but you are extremely curious to find out what happened to your REAL grandmother. When you ask your mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. You decide to take matters into your own hands.

Through city hall, you manage to get a hold of your mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for you to make out. Your next step is to test out your reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing your grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until you meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to your grandparents for most of her life. She tells you that there were rumors that your grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until your adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. You ask Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold your breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!!

What is your biological grandmother's name? Theresa Beatrice Ward

You're bouncing off the walls with excitement, but you keep it to yourself for almost a whole year. You save whatever money you can from the twenty hours a week that you work until you have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name you have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down your grandmother. A week after you turn sixteen, he gets back to you: he found her! She lives in a different state, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 5 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Where does she live? Boston, Massachusetts

Now what do you do? You have no idea! It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge you and your mother as her family. What if she doesn't want you? Can you live with the fact that you have family somewhere and they don't know you even exist? You're not sure if you're brave enough to take that chance.

To be continued.....

#23 keladry12

keladry12

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

My name is Meredith Celine Walker and I am 15 years old. I have red hair and brown eyes. I live in Trenton, New Jersey with my single mom Sonya Nichole Walker (my father walked out when I was 4 years old) in a low-income area the city. The day I turned fifteen, I applied and got my first job at JCPenny. I don't make much, but my mom needs help making ends meet. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, but I don't really care. I don't have a whole lot of friends and I don't like having people over to the house.

A few months after I start my first job, my grandmother, Susan Joyce [Byrd] Walker died at age 76 from a stroke. Since my grandfather, Daniel Jack Walker, died two years before, I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives. Turns out, my grandmother did not leave me a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will was a letter addressed to me and my mom. In the letter, Susan, explained that Daniel had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastated my mother so much that she locked herself up in her bedroom and did not come out for literally two days. As for me, honestly, I was a little relieved--I never liked Susan, but I was extremely curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. My mother did not seem eager to find her, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

After a lot of searching, I was finally able to find my biological grandmother, Helen Virginia Foster. Almost a year later, I hired a private investigator and he was able to
track down my grandmother. She lives in Albany, New York where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over three years, had two daughters, and retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

To be continued.....

#24 Alexx

Alexx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

My name is Alexandria Elizabeth Smith "Ali" and I'm 15 years old, have brown hair and green eyes. People have always told me I'm pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking. I love to help those in need. I live with my single mom, Katherine Alexandra Smith, my father walked out when I was 4 years old, in a low-income area of a big city in Trenton, New Jersey . The day I turned fifteen, I applied for my first job and I was accepted at Burger King. What I make is not much, but my mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to me. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem, and I'm too embarrassed by that to have people over at my house.

A few months after I start my first job, my grandmother, Carole Margaret Phillips, died at age 72 of a heart attack. Since my grandfather, Walter Gearge Phillips, died 3 years before, I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives, including my grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still drags me to her funeral, hoping we might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than me and my mom put together.

Turns out, my grandmother did not leave us a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to me and my mom from her. In the letter, Carole explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, Walter had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastates my mother so much that she locks herself up in her bedroom and does not come out for literally two days. As for me, honestly, I'm a little relieved--I never liked Carole, but I'm extremely curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When I ask my mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Through city hall, I manage to get a hold of my mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. my next step is to test out my reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until I meet Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to my grandparents for most of her life. She tells me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until your adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. I asked Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold your breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name! It was Violet Katherine Taylor.

I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I keep it to myself for almost a whole year. I save whatever money I can from the twenty hours a week that I work until I have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name I have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turn sixteen, he gets back to me: he found her! She lives in a different state, Boston, Massachusetts, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over 3 years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

#25 Cheyenne Autumn

Cheyenne Autumn

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Singing, dancing, writing, sewing.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

My name is Katarina Elizabeth Scott "Kat" and I am 15 years old. I have brown hair and hazel eyes. I've been told that I am pretty, smart, thoughtful, compassionate, hardworking, and that I love to help those in need. I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia with my single mom Ashley Lauren Scott (my father walked out when I was 4 years old) in a low-income area of a big city. The day I turned fifteen, I applied for my first job at Burger King and I'm accepted. What I make is not much, but my mom needs help making ends meet with her job as a waitress. Juggling work and school doesn't leave me a lot of time for socialization, not that it really matters to me. I don't have a whole lot of friends and my mom has a drinking problem, and I'm too embarrassed by that to have people over at my house.

A few months after I start my first job, my grandmother, Brenda Frances Duke, dies at age 69 of a heart attack. Since your grandfather, William Daniel Duke died 1 year before, I haven't seen much of my mother's relatives, including my grandmother, who was not a very nice lady. Despite this, my mom still dragged me to her funeral, hoping I might inherit some money from her death. The old bat wasn't rich, but she had more money than me and my mom put together.

Turns out, my grandmother did not leave me a single penny--she's not even my grandmother at all! Attached to her will is a letter addressed to me and my mom from my grandmother. In the letter, Brenda, explains that after only seven years of marriage and three children, William had an affair with a much younger woman that went on for a year before she became pregnant--with my mother. The young woman was forced to give her baby to her former lover and his wife to raise as their own and they were paid off by her family to keep quiet about the affair and the adoption.

This news absolutely devastated my mother so much that she locked herself up in her bedroom and didn't come out for literally two days. As for me, honestly, I was a little relieved--I never liked Brenda, but I am extremely curious to find out what happened to my REAL grandmother. When I asked my mom about finding her, her only response is breaking down into tears. I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Through city hall, I manage to get a hold of my mother's birth certificate and adoption records. But the name of the birth mother is too faded for me to make out. My next step is to test out your reporting skills by tracking down and interviewing my grandparents' long-time neighbors. But since most of them are over 70 and their memories, and hearing, aren't as good as it use to be, it's difficult. Until I met Mrs. Jones, a 65-year-old woman who lived next door to your grandparents for most of her life. She tells me that there were rumors that my grandpa was having an affair, but it was never made public until my adoptive grandmother announced it in her will. I asked Mrs. Jones if she has any idea what the other woman's name was--and hold my breath. She says yes, she remembers the girl's name!!! Patricia Rose Clarke!

I was bouncing off the walls with excitement, but I kept it to myself for almost a whole year. I saved whatever money I could from the twenty hours a week that I worked until I have enough to hire a private investigator. With the name I have, as well as additional information, he is able to track down my grandmother. A week after I turned sixteen, he gets back to me: he found her! She lives in Boston,Massachusetts, where she moved to after she graduated high school, was married but has been widowed for over six years, had two daughters, and has retired from a successful career as an industrialist, mainly focusing now on charities and philanthropy.

Now what do I do? I have no idea! It's been over thirty years and this woman has yet to acknowledge me and my mother as her family. What if she doesn't want me? Can I live with the fact that I have family somewhere and they don't know I even exist? I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to take that chance.

To be continued.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users