• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Okay, in the story I am writing, the main character Violet has a daughter Rowan. Violet is a single mum, and doesn't keep in touch with her daughter's father, however in the story they meet up when Violet is transferred to the same hospital that he works in. His name is Owen.

Do you think Owen and Rowan are too close for father and daughter?

Their full names are Owen Guy and Rowan Isobel.

Wdyt?

~Hannah~

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

Well if she named Rowan after Owen then it would make sense. But if not, and she and the father weren't getting along then I think they are a bit too close.

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

In the story her father doesn't know about her, but her mother was madly in love with him. I guess it would make sense that she named her daughter after the man she loved, even though they broke up before Rowan was born, and Violet even knew about the pregnancy.

#4 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

I agree, it's pretty close, but would be fine if the Mum wanted to honor the baby's Father.

If you don't use Rowan as a first name, how about Isobel Rowen instead or Rowan Isobel? Just a thought. Good luck!

#5 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

I think it is to close. and Rowan is all boy to me. What about, Rachael, Rebecca, Rochelle, Rora, Aurora, Loralei or Raina?

#6 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

I agree, it's pretty close, but would be fine if the Mum wanted to honor the baby's Father.

If you don't use Rowan as a first name, how about Isobel Rowen instead or Rowan Isobel? Just a thought. Good luck!

I agree completely!

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

I do want to honour her father somewhere in there, so maybe using Rowan as the middle name and calling her Rowan would be okay? I kind of want her to have a formal first name, but still be called Rowan anyway, because her mum never quite got over Owen (Rowan's father).

I do quite like Aurora Rowan but the rs kind of mush together.

Elizabeth Rowan and Genevieve Rowan I think are my favourites, but I also like Lorelei Rowan.

Thanks for all the help so far.

~Hannah~

#8 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

What about Irelyn or Irelen(ne). It has the same ending as Owen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users