• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Amanda Lynn

Amanda Lynn

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, playing name games.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

Ok, so I'm working on a story that came to me in a dream (weird, I know) that I feel like I have to write it. I would like some opinions and suggestions on the following main characters.

Story Idea:
During the golden age of piracy, a young woman intending to make a mark of her own upon the sea, joins the crew of the (ship’s name) and falls for their captain. As their passion and love story develop, run-ins with the East Indian Trading Company start to threaten the very existence of piracy.

Character Descriptions:

Main Characters:

Anne ______ “Annie”: Mid 20’s. British by birth, joined piracy at a young age. Lost her mother soon after she left home. Never knew her father, just his name that her mother told her on her death bed. Passionate of what her beliefs are. Dark chocolate hair, green blue eyes, stands at about 5 feet 6 ½ inches with a voluptuous figure.

Need a middle name and a last name. Possible last names are Wilde, Barnes, or Barlow.

Captain Jacques ______ “Jack”: Late 20’s to early 30’s. Of French and British birth. His mother was a British tavern wench and his father a French buccaneer. Left for the sea at age ten and has never looked back. Proven to be a respected pirate. Has no political preferences and does tend to switch alliances to whoever has the best profit. Although happy with his life, he does feel like there is something more to be found. Light brown hair, hazel eyes, stands at about 6 feet 1 inches with an athletic figure.

Need a middle name and a last name. Possible last names are Bellamy, Delacroix, or Durant.

Thanks!

#2 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:03 PM

I like Wilde for her last name. It seems like a very good 'pirate' name as well as an English name. As for a middle name, the first thing that popped into my head was Margaret. Or Katharine, Grace, Camille, Louisa, Mae or Waverly. Something old-fashioned.

I like Delacroix for Jack. For his MN, Edmon, Emile, Matthieu, Theirry, Etienne or Laurent

#3 Amanda Lynn

Amanda Lynn

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been stuck on this for a couple of days and finally broke down and posted it.

I agree, Wilde is perfect for Anne. For the middle name I like Margaret, Katharine, Grace, Louisa, Mae out of your suggestions.

Delacroix and Durant were my top favorites for Jack. For his middle name I like Matthieu, Theirry, Etienne, Laurent out of your suggestions.

#4 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:11 PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been stuck on this for a couple of days and finally broke down and posted it.

I agree, Wilde is perfect for Anne. For the middle name I like Margaret, Katharine, Grace, Louisa, Mae out of your suggestions.

Delacroix and Durant were my top favorites for Jack. For his middle name I like Matthieu, Theirry, Etienne, Laurent out of your suggestions.

lol. You're welcome.

#5 Amanda Lynn

Amanda Lynn

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

Ok, combo elimination time. Which ones do you like best? Bolded ones are my top choices.

For Anne "Annie":

Anne Margaret Wilde
Anne Katharine Wilde

Anne Grace Wilde
Anne Louisa Wilde
Anne Mae Wilde
Anne Alice Wilde
Anne Amelie Wilde
Anne Arabella Wilde
Anne Beatrix Wilde

Anne Eugenie Wilde
Anne Georgina Wilde
Anne Honora Wilde
Anne Imogen Wilde
Anne Jessamy Wilde
Anne Nicola Wilde
Anne Philippa Wilde
Anne Ruby Wilde
Anne Scarlett Wilde

For Jacques "Jack":

Jacques Matthieu Delacroix
Jacques Theirry Delacroix
Jacques Etienne Delacroix
Jacques Laurent Delacroix
Jacques Alexandre Delacroix
Jacques André Delacroix
Jacques Antoine Delacroix
Jacques Benôit Delacoix

Jacques Charles Delacoix
Jacques François Delacroix
Jacques Henri Delacroix
Jacques Léon Delacroix
Jacques Lucien Delacroix
Jacques Olivier Delacroix
Jacques Philippe Delacroix

Jacques Pierre Delacroix
Jacques Rémy Delacroix

#6 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

Really...Anne Margaret Wilde gets my vote, hands down!

Jacques Mattheiu Delacroix and Jacques Etienne Delacroix are tied for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users