6 replies to this topic

#1 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

It's hard to believe that in less than 8 weeks we will get to meet our little girl! Time has definitely flown by! However, we are still on the search for the perfect middle name.

Our original pick was Laken Elizabeth Ann, but my husband decided he was not a fan of the double middle names. So then we moved on to Laken Elianna (pronounced Ellie-ahn-uh) to combine Elizabeth and Ann, which are both family names. But each day I second guess it more and more. The other day he suggested Laken Ivy, which has continued to grow on me.

Anyways, now that I have rambled enough I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions. As always it is much appreciated!  :)

#2 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:25 AM

I would use Laken Elianna Ivy but thats cos im a fan of 2 middles 

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

Like you my SO is not a fan on two middle names for girls. I like the idea of combining both names into one. When I say Laken Ivy, I hear "Lake & Ivy."

If you aren't sure about Elianna, what about Annalise, Annalisa or Annabeth?

Laken Annalise

Laken Annalisa

Laken Annabeth

#4 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:34 PM

Laken Elizabeth Ann sounds adorable, but I agree, Laken Elianna just doesn't sound right. I like Laken Annabeth or simply Laken Elizabeth.

#5 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:58 PM

Thank you for the replies!  :) I had originally wanted to use at least one family name for her middle, but every one I mention to my husband gets vetoed because it's too "out-dated". We just can't seem to find a compromise, which is getting a little frustrating and disheartening.  :mellow: Luckily we still have seven weeks to figure it out! 

Katie-Nana: Now that you point it out all I hear is Lake & Ivy too, so we will probably scratch that from the list lol. I really like Annalise, but my husband was not a fan. Did your SO not like double middles in general or just for girls? It's crazy my husband loves the idea of two middles for a boy, but doesn't like it when it comes to girl names. So weird. 

Family name I've mentioned to him: Elizabeth, Ann, Louise, Mary, Hannah, Charlene, Renee, Madonna, Kristen

Here's a few combos I've been thinking over, but haven't mentioned to him yet:

Laken Elizabeth Ivy

Laken Reese

Laken Everly

Laken Amelia 

Laken Aviana 

#6 Libertydolphin

Libertydolphin

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

How about Laken Faye?

#7 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

Katie-Nana: Now that you point it out all I hear is Lake & Ivy too, so we will probably scratch that from the list lol. I really like Annalise, but my husband was not a fan. Did your SO not like double middles in general or just for girls? It's crazy my husband loves the idea of two middles for a boy, but doesn't like it when it comes to girl names. So weird. 

Yes, my SO is the same way.  Our son has two middle names, and the boy name we have picked out for a future son also has two middle names, but when I suggest more than one for a girl he says its too much.  Weirdos. Lol.

I like Laken Elizabeth Ivy (maybe with Ivy being his suggestion he will get on board with having two middles) and Laken Everly.

I think you were on the right track with trying to update/combine several honoring names.  Since Ann is a derivative of Hannah, if you find an updated version or Ann combination you are already killing two birds with one stone :)

Annis (ANN-iss) I love the sound and simplicity of this name, but I know it can be misheard as anus

Anniston - Same sound, but avoids the anus issues, also puts a bit of Kristen in there.

Amarie - Similar to Ann-Marie but I think taking out the Ns makes this a bit more spunky and of course you get to honor Mary as well.

Louisiana - A bit bold but definitely not old fashioned. 

Cheyenne -  Bit of a combo of Ann & Charlene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users