#321 brimariiee

brimariiee

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • Interests:My son, diamond painting, reading, exploring with my family

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

I've already mentioned this on other threads buuuut, I like Nathaniel Lewis Ezra best from the two.
But I think making Lewis the 2nd middle sounds even better.

Q: Similar names in different spots...okay or no?
For example...
I want to use Cassandra as a first name but Cassidy as a middle. Cassandra could get Cassie or Sandra as a nickname but would obviously stay away from Cassidy as a nickname.
And for boys, I want to use Whitfield, with the nickname Whit, as a first name but I love the sound of Whitman as a middle.
If not okay, which would you recommend using?

#322 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

Personally I wouldn't use both, even if one is a first and one is a middle. I think they're too similar for siblings, especially because they begin with the same letters, but if it doesn't bother you then go for it. I prefer Cassandra & Whitman over Cassidy & Whitfield.

~~~

What are your thoughts on Jennifer? It's been growing on me ever so slowly, and I really like the nickname Jenny. I can picture a sweet baby Jenny, and also a grown adult as well. My worry is that it's too dated, and that it doesn't really fit with some of the other names that I would consider using (such as Brogan, Calvin, and Hermione).

#323 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

What are your thoughts on Jennifer? It's been growing on me ever so slowly, and I really like the nickname Jenny. I can picture a sweet baby Jenny, and also a grown adult as well. My worry is that it's too dated, and that it doesn't really fit with some of the other names that I would consider using (such as Brogan, Calvin, and Hermione).

First things first: as the owner of a Jen- name, I'm biased. I don't love or hate my name - I've always just felt "eh" about it, like it doesn't suit me as well as it could but it's by no means terrible. But I think that's how a lot of people feel about their own names - you're so used to it just being, it's hard to have an opinion. Objectively(ish) speaking, I'm not a fan of Jen- names in general.

As for Jennifer, I'm hesitatant to say I'd like it on a baby. It was such a common name for generation of girls that are in their twenties or thirties now (and older) that it's creeping into the territory of "mom" names for me. With that said, I think it could be usable if you really like it. I could imagine getting used to a baby Jenny, and since it's unlikely to experience a surge in popularity by the time you have a baby, it might be nicer for a Jennifer to be the only one in her class, instead of one of two or three, as many girls were in previous decades.

It reminds me of how I know a girl my age named Elaine, which is much common among older generations than mine. 

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#324 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

I should have included this in my last reply, but I didn't have a question at the time - 

What do you all think of Alexander, nn Xander? It's been growing on me a little bit lately. Alexander is so handsome but I know so many Alexs that I could never use it as a first unless using a different nickname.

#325 MalloryMae

MalloryMae

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,514 posts
  • Interests:Everything Disney, Marvel & Star Wars!

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

I think Xander is such a cute and more unique nickname for Alexander, and I am totally getting tired of Alex. I also prefer the X spelling over the Z spelling. Really adorable.

I am not expecting a fourth child, and will not be anytime soon, but I like having a name list. (As do many members of this site, as almost everyone is a name fanatic) A name on my list is Violetta Evelyn, does it matter if both names include a V?
  • Jenna_Lee likes this

#326 RainstreamofSpiritClan

RainstreamofSpiritClan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

@JennaLee, I adore the name Alexander and I love Xander as a nickname.

@MalloryMae, I don't think it matters, especially as the vs are in different places. I think for me, the only place it might matter was if the first name ended with a v and the middle name started with a v, since that might run together. 

• Jenna_Lee likes this

#327 ashtona731

ashtona731

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

Teigan: boy or girl?

#328 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

Teigan: boy or girl?

Do you pronounce it like Teagan ("Tee-gan"), or is it like "Tay-gan"?

I think it makes a difference for me. The "Tee-gan" pronunciation sounds like it fits a girl better to me, although it's such a unisex name I could see it on a boy. "Tay-gan" sounds more like a boy name to me, but could also fit a girl. Either way, I think this spelling is a bit confusing on the pronunciation, but people would understand once you correct them.

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users