• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cally

cally

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

Hi, which spelling is the nicest for baby girl. Deva, Deava or Dayva? This name is in the program Banshee spelled Deva pronounced Dayva, but I also like Deava. Suggestions please.

#2 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

I like Dayva the best, and that is the spelling that I think would be easiest for people to figure out how to pronounce. With Deva, I would think that people would mistake it for Diva sometimes and pronounce it that way, with the long e. 

#3 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

I like Deava the best I think. I'm not a fan of Ys, and Deva would be mispronounced in my opinion.

#4 cally

cally

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Yea, I do like Dayva too(less complicated for her in later yrs) but I was swaying more towards Deava or even Déava (similar to the way Renée, fiancé or Mairéad are pronounced). Do you think folk will see this also as diva? All spellings are variations of Deva meaning, divine and moon goddess in hindi/sanskrit

#5 charlecott

charlecott

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

What about Davina? Still pretty, strong, easier to pronounce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users