Photo

Last name Birmingham. First name unknown.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AnaBeth

AnaBeth

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

My husband and I have not been able to choose a name for our son, due in November.

The first name we thought of was Elijah James, but we crossed that off the list the moment we found out how trendy it is. The last thing we want is to have our child in a class with several other kids who have the same name.

Then we thought of Todd William, then Todd Lucas. I still like them, but my husband has decided he can't stand the name Todd. So we're moving on.

Our choices now seem to be, in no particular order:

Jorah Reed Birmingham

Talon Eric Birmingham

Jedidiah (middle name undecided) Birmingham

If we choose Jedidiah, we will probably mostly call him Jedi (yeah, for real, and I love it).

The middle name Reed would be in honor of my husband's father, so I may use it as a middle name no matter what first name we choose?

My husband's favorite of the first names is Jorah. I like it, EXCEPT that everyone so far has said it sounds much more like a girl's name than a boy's.

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

I really like your idea of using Reed as a middle name.  Not a big fan of Jorah, it does sound feminine - a lot like Norah.  Jonah or Jonas are more masculine sounding, imho.  Talon Reed would be nice, and gets my vote.  Not a fan of the "Jedi" nickname, but he is your son and if both you and hubby like it, I say go for it!  Another name you may like that is similar to "Eli" and "Jedi" is Levi.  Levi Reed Birmingham would be nice.  Anyway, good luck and go with whatever you both love!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users