• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vix

Vix

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Naming, Babysitting, Concerts.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Are Lindon and Landon too close for cousins? Just a thought. Me and my sister were talking about names. She has Landon on her list and I have Lindon.

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

In my opinion they are too close, but if they wouldn't see each other often then it wouldn't be as big of a deal. However, I do think that if your sister uses Landon first, then you should use Lindon if you want to. They might find it cool to have names that are so similar, especially if your family is close.

• Remy Hadley likes this

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

They're definitely too close to be siblings, but not necessarily cousins :) I guess it depends on how close they are. Like Hannah said, they might find it to be cool to have similar names. I think it depends on if you'd get annoyed with mixing them up too.. I'd keep it on your list. Who knows, over time she may decide against Landon or you might start to dislike Lindon. Lists are ever evolving hehe :)

#4 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

For cousins, I don't think so. It would depend how often they see each other, I think.

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I don't think it is too close for cousins. I think Linden would differentiate it a little more, though. Do you like that spelling?

#6 Vix

Vix

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Naming, Babysitting, Concerts.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I don't think it is too close for cousins. I think Linden would differentiate it a little more, though. Do you like that spelling?

I actually think I'd spell it Lindan because i'm not a fan of On/En names but yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users