5 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Greetings, :)

If you have the time, could you please help me? I am not pregnant or TTC at the moment, but I need help getting my names sorted. I don't have a particular naming style, but I can give you some names that can maybe get you on the track to help me.

I am in love with the name Caspian, yes, I know it's not everyone's style, but I means something to me. I have no clue what kind of middle names that would work with it, I would like to have a double middle name, but that is not really too important.

Names that I like off the top of my head...

Percival
Zephyr(us)
Cressida
Atticus
Amadeo
Amadeus
Nadia
Amelia...

I am mostly looking for boys names that would be a nice sibset for Caspian.

TIA,
Blue

#2 preggomomma

preggomomma

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names :)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

i love tha names they are so unique & im a fool when it comes to unique names. i need help im pregnant and jst found out we are havin a littl boy after tryin for almost a 5 months. i have a daughter named jazzlynn patricia-ann. tha names im stuck btwn for tha new member of our family is jayden braxton & jayden trenton so please give me ur advice. thanks alot

#3 Truffle_Berry

Truffle_Berry

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm really liking a lot of your names!

Caspian, Zephyr and Atticus are really cute! I think they would be an interesting sibset. Not necessarily matching but they are all cool, strong, interesting names and each can hold its own beside the other two.

I know you're looking for more boy names but when I saw Caspian it made me think of Capriese/Caprice. An old classmate just had a daughter and named her Capriese. I thought it was a very interesting choice!

I think any strong classic name would go nicely with Caspian:
Caspian Alexander
Caspian James
Caspian Thomas
If you decide to go with two middle names, maybe keep them one syllable each since Caspian is already 3 syllables. Personally I'd avoid middle names that end in -an/-en (Caspian Julien, Caspian Aiden)

Phoenix
Cypress
Ambrose
Capriese
Tempest

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Caspian is nice! Its a name I wouldn't use myself, but would love to see on someone elses kiddo :) Plus Cas is such a handsome nick name <3 I think theres a lot of middle names that would sound lovely with Caspian! I'm terrible at suggesting middle names, but..

Caspian Atlas / Caspian Atlas John
Caspian Edmund / Caspian Edmund Quinn
Caspian Abram / Caspian Abram Frost
Caspian Gabriel / Caspian Gabriel Finn
Caspian Graham / Caspian Josiah Graham

Theres an option for double middle names there, and without! So you can decide. Though normally its easiest to find one middle name first, then a second middle name after. Though tbh, I vote for Caspian Atlas Graham!! Cause its omg cute!! Like I'm seriously starting to crush on it myself, hehe! <3

Out of the names you like, I like Percival a lot :) I think Percy on a boy is darn cute as a nick name, and Percival just sounds nice <3 Amadeus does sound pretty nice, though not my style again. Atticus is alright, I don't care for it generally. I dislike Zephyr(us), just doesn't like how it sounds out loud. Cressida is alrighty, makes me think of Crescent rolls hehe :) Nadia and Amelia are both beautiful, Amelia has been off and on my list. But a little to popular for me to really use <3

I feel like all your names would match as siblings to Caspian :) Hmm, I'll go off a limb and suggest a bunch of names, maybe you'll like one? :)

Broderick
Cairo
Dallas
Nathan / Nathaniel
Persephone
Phoenix
Marina
Isis
Ezra
Lavinia
Lewis
Gramercy
Astoria
Argon
Canaan
Kensington
Hudson
Thessaly

IDK, I checked out baby name wizard and nameberry for "similar" names to Caspian and all these came up :) I think quite a few would go fabulous! Caspian and Cairo, Caspian and Nathan, Caspian and Phoenix, Caspian and Marina, Caspian and Astoria, Caspian and Thessaly... idk. At least those would be my faves. Lemme know what you think, I'm really interested! :)

#5 Blue

Blue

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

:) Some of these suggestions has made me so happy. I must be on the right track, because many of the names that were suggested is already on my list. I like names that are a bit underused but known.

Caspian Alexander: I have this combo.
Caspian James: Had this combo, but had to take it off. :(
Caspian Atlas John: This would have family significance. But I plan on using, Ian, as a possible nickname. Ian, is the Scottish (no connection to the heritage) version of John. So they cancel each other out, IMO.
Caspian Atlas Graham : Added, love the way it sounds. :) Thank you! On the right track of what I am looking for.
Caspian Edmund: I like Edmund, but compared with Caspian is a bit too Narnian. Lol, so I had to place it elsewhere.
Nathaniel: Lol, it bounces around my list all the time.
Persephone: I had considered it a couple of times. I mentioned it to a family member and she said, "Oh, that sounds like some kind of disease that causes death." So, I looked up the meaning, "bringer of death." Lol, kind of ruined it for me.
Cressida: Remy, you are right, it does reminds me of crescent rolls or croissant. That's why I like it, but would not use.

Phoenix, is also on my list (I put it towards the bottom for now), but I think it has become a little to mainstream, I guess that could be the word to describe it. I don't want to seem like I am trying to hard to be cool or whatever. Caspian, may seem the same, but I just love it so much--even if there are a lot of people who thinks it's corny.
  • Remy Hadley likes this

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

I'm glad my suggestions were among what you liked!! I kinda like the idea of Cas as a nick name for Caspian more than Ian, but I guess its cause Ian is a little more silent at the end of Caspian. But I agree how Ian and John are kinda close.. especially in meaning and all :/ I'm glad you liked Caspian Atlas Graham though!! I added Atlas Graham to my list as a middle name for something currently undecided (currently just Christopher Atlas Graham for now). I'm glad you like it too though! Your right though, I didn't think of the Narnia association lol, I was never huge into the movie <3

I agree on Persephone, I dislike it greatly. Plus the myth behind it is soooo negative! :( But people seem to like it so idk. Phoenix mainstream? I've never met anyone with the name.. but it is in the 300's on hte SSA charts.. like 338 or something. I don't see how Caspian would be corny, its definitely not popular :)

Hehe the crescent rolls isn't a bad association for Cressida, but just not my cup of tea :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users