Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Reading
    Writing

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

Here are my current favorite names I am looking for honest opinions and feedback (such as your opinion or what the name makes you think of).  Also open to any suggestions you think I might like.  Thanks

Girls

1. Camille "Millie"

2. Margret "Maggie"

3. Adeline "Addie"

4. Amelia "Amy"

5. Caroline (Not sure but would want a nickname)

6. Eleanor "Ellie"

Girl Name Crushes/GP

1. Harper

2. Sadie

3. Mila

4. Rowan "Ro"

5. Ember "Emmie"

Boys

1. Theodore "Theo"

2. (Can't decide on a full name but something with Jude as a nickname) "Jude"

3. Nathaniel "Nate"

4. Sebastian "Seb"

5. Maxwell "Max"

Boys Name Crushes/GP

1. Thaddeus "Tad"

2. Thatcher "Thatch"

3. Simon

4. Ezra

5. Hudson

Thanks Again

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

Girls

Camille 'Millie' - I think Camille is very sophisticated, it reminds me of an upper class lady who wears white gloves and has afternoon tea. I think Millie is a lovely nickname for it, it makes it more playful and wearable on a little girl.

Margret 'Maggie' - I prefer the spelling Margaret, and the nicknames Mamie and Maisie, but I do have a soft spot for Margaret in general. Maggie is quite cute, although it reminds me of the Simpsons.

Adeline 'Addie' - I'm not sure about Adeline, it seems incomplete to me. I adore Madeleine so maybe that's why. Addie is cute though, it's spunky and makes me picture a little girl who loves to play outside and make mischief.

Amelia 'Amy' - I love this name, but the popularity of it makes me want to cry. I do prefer the nickname Mia over Amy, but it's not bad. It reminds me of Amelia Pond from Doctor Who though, she also went by Amy.

Caroline - Caroline is another of those classy names in my mind, not quite as classy as Camille but she's certainly among her associates. I like the nicknames Carly and Carrie, and Ari and Oli could work as well perhaps.

Eleanor 'Ellie' -  So adorable. Eleanor is classy and gorgeous, but also modern and trendy at the same time. Ellie is fun and spunky, and livens up Eleanor just enough. I hate how popular it is, because I'd use her in a heartbeat if she were less popular.

Girl Name Crushes/GP

Harper - I like Harper, although moreso for a boy than a girl. She reminds me of Harper Lee the famous author, as well as Harper Seven Beckham the famous daughter of David Beckham. She is spunky and trendy, and makes me imagine more of a tomboy as opposed to a girl who likes all things pink.

Sadie - I don't know if I particularly like Sadie, but I wouldn't mind seeing her on someone else's child. She reminds me of someone who likes horses, and who rides them well. She's a country girl, horseback riding and playing out in the fields, learning to drive a tractor.

Mila - I adore Mila mainly because of Mila Kunis, but it's also fairly similar to my mother's name. Mila is funny, she loves to make people laugh, but she's elegant about it.

Rowan 'Ro' - Again, Rowan is a name I prefer more for a boy. I do, however, have a great memory of a little blonde Rowen from when I used to work in daycare. To me Rowan is shy, she likes reading and nature, and she loves to be out looking for birds.

Ember 'Emmie' - Emmy is cute, but I'm not Ember's biggest fan. She's a bit too fiery for my taste (:P), but she's still lovely either way. I prefer Emmy as a nickname for Temperance.

Boys

Theodore 'Theo' - Adorable. I adore Theodore, although I usually have him as a middle name on my list. He is strong, and handsome, and he works very well with all sorts of names. Theo is incredibly cute, and I'd be tempted to use him on his own even.

'Jude' - I think Jude works perfectly well on his own, but if you prefer longer first names then he might be a bit short for you. Judah or Judas are good longer choices, or maybe even Julian or Judson.

Nathaniel 'Nate' - I love Nathanael, he's handsome and elegant, and he works well with so many names. I am not a fan of Nate or Nathan though, they just don't appeal to me unfortunately.

Sebastian 'Seb' - Sebastian goes along with Theodore most often on my list. I adore him, but he works better as a middle name for me. Seb is a nice nickname, however I prefer Sebi or Bastian/Bash.

Maxwell 'Max' - Another name that I adore. I prefer just Max on his own, but Maxwell would be my first choice for his longer forms followed by Maxfield and then Maximilian.

Boys Name Crushes/GP

Thaddeus 'Tad' - To me Thaddeus seems like Theodore's older more sophisticated cousin. I'm not a huge fan of Tad, it reminds me of tadpoles, and would probably use Teddy as a nickname if any.

Thatcher 'Thatch' - I don't feel that Thatcher needs a nickname, it just never seemed to have any intuitive nicknames that I liked. Thatch is nice, although not really for me.

Simon - Handsome, classic, very nice name. Not sure I can picture it on a baby or young child as well as I can on an older person, but it is still quite a lovely name.

Ezra - I adore Ezra, although it is becoming increasingly popular. I also like Enzo which is similar, but less popular.

Hudson - Not a fan of Hudson, it always seems too bulky to me if that makes sense, like a bodybuilder of a name. It's nice though, even if it's not one I would use.

I hope this was helpful! If you'd like middle name suggestions I'd be more than happy to oblige :)

• RaeMarieSmiles likes this

#3 RaeMarieSmiles

RaeMarieSmiles

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Reading
    Writing

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:28 PM

@laugh-dream-love

Thank you so much for your help!  I adore Oli as a nickname for Caroline and have already added it to my list.  Also, Temperance nickname Emmy is ADORABLE!!!  You have amazing taste in names so any suggestions you have are always appreciated!

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#4 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:49 PM

@laugh-dream-love

Thank you so much for your help!  I adore Oli as a nickname for Caroline and have already added it to my list.  Also, Temperance nickname Emmy is ADORABLE!!!  You have amazing taste in names so any suggestions you have are always appreciated!

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you like my suggestion of Oli, it's an unexpected twist on Caroline and makes it much more fun in my opinion. Classic girls names with unexpected nicknames are so lovely, I really enjoy Catherine nn Wren or Kit/Kitty, and Bernadette nn Birdie to name a few.

Here are some combo suggestions using two names from your list, plus some other names I just think sound nice. I'll be giving six options per name (bolded are my favourites).

Girls

Camille Harper

Camille Rowan

Camille Adeline

Camille Juliet(te)

Camille Sophronia

Camille Verity

Margret Clarity

Margret Amelia

Margret Mila

Margret Ember

Margret Fiona