Photo

All I need are opinions :)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: All I need are opinions :) (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Which names suit me best?

1. Everly "Evie" Wazowski (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Eve "Evie" Wazowski (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. Eden "Edie" Wazowski (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

I used Wazowski as a surname because Mikes surname is so identical to it its kinda hysterical. Its the same syllables and ends in the -owski sound haha! However, I've no permission to post his full surname here. So Wazowski it is.

Everly's really growing on me, I blame Ash :P But its cute! I think I can imagine a mini version of myself called Everly. And I'd still get my beloved Evie out of it! My worry: does it sound far too close to Beverly? I don't want the two mixed as I just really dislike the name Beverly (no offense!). I worry its a bit long with the surname, but too bad? I bet we could even use middle name Jade after his grandmother too, Everly Jade Wazowski? Not too long? Makes me laugh that a definition I saw was "wild boar in a woodland clearing" LOL!

Eve is short and simple and we both love it. I don't love the biblical reference but oh well. Not a problem, just a mediocre thing with "fall of mankind" thought too it :') Eve is difficult because of finding middle names. Even though Eve Wazowski flows great, middle names? I had Eve Hadley, but Mike last minute changed his mind on it. He's iffy.

Eden is a name he loves from a video game. I'm iffy on it, I love Edie but I'm just unsure. He agreed to Eden Juliet which as a whole I love. Still has the flow issues, Eden Juliet Wazowski? Eh.

I'm still looking for more options. Looking for something that feels fresh and new.. But for now, I'd just love opinions on Everly, Eve, and Eden! :) Thanks!!

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Opps, poll should say suits a mini me or you can imagine me using, not suits me like a name change or something haha

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

My favourite is honestly Eve. It's short and simple, no fuss, not as popular and trendy, and it's so elegant and gorgeous. If it waste I'd personally call her Eve all the time, just because I love it so much, but Evie is a cute nn. Eve Hadley doesn't flow well to me, I think softer sounds go better with Eve.

I can picture you with an Eve. Does Mike not like Evie as a full name? My step cousin just had a baby girl named Evie, and honestly I like it on it's own just as much as I like Eve.

#4 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

My favorite is Everly, but it doesn't sound quite right with "Wazowski". Eden would be the best choice with your surname. :-)
  • Addison likes this

#5 const3llati0ns

const3llati0ns

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Eve is my favorite on the list. But don't limit yourself.

There are plenty of names that come from Eve: http://www.bestlittl...ve&submit=Find!

#6 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

I love Eve, though I'll always have a soft spot for is since it was my first sisters name and I plan on using it for one of my girls middle names. Everly is nice, though a little off with the surname but the right middle would make it great. Eden is ok, a little to PlaceName/Word for me but nice enough. :)

#7 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

I love Everly but Channing Tatum just had a baby and named her Everly so I expect it will become popular fast. I like Eve second best.
  • alyssa897 likes this

#8 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm so in love with Eden :wub:

#9 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

I personally like Eve the best! It's simple without being boring, classic, and oh so pretty. I love the nickname Evie, too. I don't think the whole "fall of mankind" association would be that strong.

Everly is pretty, but it seems too long with Mike's surname. And Eden just isn't my personal favorite, though Edie is cute.

Middle name suggestions for Eve:

Eve Madison
Eve Cadence
Eve Noelle
Eve Charlotte
Eve Madelyn
Eve Katherine
Eve Lillian
Eve Caroline
Eve Celeste
Eve Piper
Eve Scarlett
Eve Meredith
Eve Gabrielle
Eve Lauren
Eve Gwendolyn

Good luck!

#10 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

I love Everly but Channing Tatum just had a baby and named her Everly so I expect it will become popular fast. I like Eve second best.

I was gonna say the same thing! But, I suppose you really can't use that as a rule because there are so many famous people and the chances of someone choosing a name you love are really high.

I adore Everly, but I do prefer just Ever. Everly Jade is adorable!

#11 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Thanks so much ladies!! :D

Hannah, Mike doesn't like Evie on its own <3 I'd probably end up calling her Eve consistently, but I do love Evie so much I couldn't help but use it <3 It is short, simple, and fussless though! <3 I actually kinda prefer Evie on its own, but Mike doesn't, so I'm okay with this compromise :)

Madi, I agree Everly is questionable with our surname :(

const3llati0ns, I do like a lot of forms of Eve, though a lot of them just don't go with the surname. Like Evangeline is just too long! And Evelyn reminds me of work too much to use it. I'm not a huge fan of many other forms, but thank you!!

Lauren, thats such a sweet association <3 I think it'd be lovely if you got to use it! :) If I used Everly, I think I'd go with Everly Jade just because it honors and its nice and short <3 Eden is fairly place namey, and does have biblical associations for the garden and all.

ElizabethRuth, I do imagine Everly to go up in popularity, but I'm hoping there are others who are maybe turned off by how close it sounds to Beverly? But eh. I'll get to it first!! Lol jk. If I were due tomorrow that'd be one thing, but I still have five months haha. Sometimes celebrity names don't spike in popularity though, occasionally. Normally more odd ones though... oh well :(

Ah I am in love with how classic it is <3 and almost old fashioned yet not. Surprised me that Mike likes it! <3 I guess in this day and age and especially with all the Eva's and Evelyn's currently out there the association slowly fades. Wow thanks for the suggestions! <3 I like Eve Cadence, Eve Charlotte, Eve Madelyn, Eve Caroline, Eve Celeste, Eve Scarlett, and Eve Gwendolyn <3 I just have to see what Mike likes of those now ;)

Alyssa, Ever is pretty as well, though I'm unsure just yet how much I like it <3 Like Everly, it may need time to grow on me :) Its unfortunately true though, celebs use beautiful names all the name and even though it normally does effect popularity at least to an extent, I don't want to let it rule out the potentially perfect name for my bubba :)

Thank everyone and their opinions so much!! They really helped! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users