• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PattyB4

PattyB4

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well our second little boy will be here next month. Getting very excited and can't wait to meet him.  We finally have three serious names picked out. I am a little overwhelmed trying to choose. Kenneth Grayson, Jarek (yar-uk or jer-ek) Elijah, or Aleksander Jay. Each one has a special meaning to us. I know the traditional way to pronounce Jarek is the first one in the parentheses, but we would like to pronounce it jer-ek.  Anyone think that's strange? Any input would be appreciated but please be nice.

#2 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Congratulations! :D

They're all lovely name combinations and Jarek looks like it would be pronounced as it's written so your chosen pronunciation may actually make things easier for him! :) My personal favourite is Aleksander Jay then Jarek Elijah then Kenneth Greyson, but all three names are very elegant and handsome and will work well for any age! :)

#3 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

My favorite is Kenneth Grayson! :) Looking at Jarek I would pronounce it they way you like, so I don't think that's strange at all.

#4 PattyB4

PattyB4

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the comments and help. Still trying to decide. Maybe it'll be easier once we meet him to pick out the name. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users