3 replies to this topic

#1 JocelynM

JocelynM

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hi all. I will be hosting a getaway party for my mother's birthday and it's going to be a Murder Mystery weekend. My friend and I are going to be writing the story and it's going to be set in a Victorian style B&B.....we have just been discussing the details this weekend, but we really need names. That's where you come in. There will be 14-16 characters, all female and all different ages. I would love some suggestions for names (not the most common ones, but pronouncable names) and even if you are inclined or have the time, character bios (looks, age, personalities). Some of the characters we have so far:

Blanche Marietta Fletcher: a 60s something Southern Belle and former Miss Brandywine (she won a pageant).
Tansy O'Roarke: young investigative journalist and concert violinist
Annika Slade: wealthy heiress and fiancee to a debonair adventure seeker

Thanks for your help!

#2 Ruthy

Ruthy

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

Here are some names I hope you find ones you like.
Judith
Gilda
Jewel
Jerri Anne
Marva
Eula
Gwen
Melba
Cherri
Viola
Betsy
Pearl
Monica
Rhonda
Claudia
Bonnie
Pam

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

That sounds like a lot of fun. I did a murder mystery dinner but I had a game with the story and characters already made up. One thing I remember about the names is that they always sounded like something that had to do with their character.

Like my name was Mary Trarie, maiden name Kohn. So I was Mary Contrary and I was a avid reporter.
Another one I remember was Weyland Aufcorse "Wey" so he was Way Off Course, a fighter pilot who was always loosing his way.

Though this may be more difficult I think it would add a bit more fun to the game.

I may be able to help more if I knew a few more details.

Is this set in modern time or in some particular point in the past?
What is the connection between all the characters? A good murder mystery has plenty of suspects with MOTIVE so they all would probably need to know the victim or be connected to them in some way and also have connections among each other.

Have you decided who the victim will be and the reason for the murder? It will probably be easier if you come up with this first and then you can create characters that the victim would know and would have a motive to kill him/her.

If all of your characters are women then maybe they all attended the same bording school as maybe students and teachers and one time or another. Or the victim could be a male and they were all his lovers/friends/family.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

That does sound like so much fun! I went to a dinner like that and had such a good time! I love Katie's suggestions!!! But here are a bunch of names that may help:

~ Charles
~ Ana
~ Christabel
~ Sarai
~ Freya
~ Viola
~ Saunder(s)
~ Azaria
~ Kayle
~ Nolan
~ Nelson
~ Malia