#1 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

The hubby and I are swooning over the name Sloane, for a girl of course :P

I have no middle name options whatsoever so some suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Of course we have a little Princes' name picked out, Baylor Charles. And here comes some more news- we're starting to love the name Salem. My only doubts about the name Salem is that people will correlate his name to a city near us OR to the Salem Witch Trials?

As if naming two boys wasn't hard enough! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#2 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

I was going to change my name to Sloane Brigh (pronounced Bree). I got a lot of feedback that Sloane is a masculine name. I personally did not think so. I think it is lovely with being frilly. I would put it in the same category as Piper or Harper. It is a surname but surnames as first names are very common now. In the end I chose Aubrey Sloane and I am very happy with this choice. So I am just cautioning you that if you are going to use Sloane give it ample consideration. Assuming that you still want it :

Sloane Nicole
Sloane Brynn
Sloane Ainsley
Sloane Bree/Brigh
Sloane Noelle
Sloane Ashley
Sloane Leigh

I am also a huge fan of Salem. A friend of mine said she could only think of witch trials and cigarettes (it's a brand of cigarette she said). So that soured me a little but I can't help loving Salem! It's a little bit witchy but in a cool sexy way.
We have the same tastes!! In the event you choose Salem:

Salem Rose
Salem Wren
Salem WInter
Salem Eve
Salem Lior (means light)

I don't know why but I really favor "word" names with Salem. I hope this helps at least a little!! :)

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Sloane Arabella. <3
  • EmilyA likes this

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

I love Sloane for boys, but not for girls, sorry :(

I would go for a really girly middle, like maybe Sloane Jessica, Sloane Amelia, or Sloane Charlotte?

I also like Madi's suggestion of Sloane Arabella.

#5 skirvin8387

skirvin8387

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Music, Travel, Video Games, FB, 31, TOH & of course Baby names. : )

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

I think Sloane is a wonderful girl's name.

I think if you were going to spell it Sloan, that would be too masculine a version.

But Sloane is beautiful. I don't like Salem.

Good luck!!

#6 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm going to second Addy, and say that I much prefer it on boys. I will also agree with the use of a more feminine middle name.

#7 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sloane Arabella. <3

We LOVE it. We have loved Arabella for a while now but we just didn't even think about pairing it with Sloane! Thank you so much! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users