3 replies to this topic

#1 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

This will be my second story with zombies in it. But, like most zombie movies, there is a zombie apocalypse. It's a cross between Zombieland, Boy Eats Girl and Daybreakers. However, the apocalypse is going on ten years. The main character is female. She is in her early-twenties and has been on her own since her dad died when she was 15. She travels from place to place to survive and is heavily armed and trained. She has a necklace made out of clump of rock around her neck. It is an alarm of sort to alert her when zombie are near and has kept her alive for all these years. It was given to her by her father, who she describes as 'having an extensive knowledge of zombies and weapons'. (He does have some involvement in the apocalypse, I just haven't come to exactly what yet.) I picture her looking like this:

Posted Image

She is resourceful, tough and cynical. She is a loner. I haven't developed much of her character beyond that. I'm caught between 3 names.

Elodie Jane "E.J."
Ellery Jane "E.J."
Kayslee Jordan "K.J."

The basic plot, so far, is the main girl is staying in a some place when she is alerted to a zombie. When she goes to attack, she finds it is a 'human' man, even though her necklace is going haywire. He invites her to 'The Colony' to have a warm meal and a hot bath. The Colony is a large group of human survivors living in some big, blocked community. They are trying to preserve the human race and are the guy who saves her is the leader, who is able to protect them from zombies and provide with water, electricity and food. The girl is highly skeptical and believes the zombie have evolved beyond the brainless masses she was used too.

The 'human' name is Campbell.

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

I like Elodie Jane nn E.J.

#3 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

I like Elodie Jane nn E.J.

I do to. That one stick out for me.

Elodie Jane "E.J." Greysen
Dane Faires (an actual human)
Campbell

#4 Zalivor

Zalivor

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

I absolutely love the name Elodie Jane, but I don't know if it's quite strong enough for your character. It seems a bit too dainty and feminine. Here are some other choices just in case you decide against it:

Larkin
Marin
Merritt/Marit
Nika
Arcadia/Acadia
Autumn
August
Eden
Oakley
Raine

Those are just some of my favorite names; I thought they might be a bit stronger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users