20 replies to this topic

#1 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

So I like a lot of names-- but there are those ones, you know, that you feel could be names you'd actually use in the future.

I've got a few combos, plus names yet to be paired. But when I try to make a sibset out of (some of ) them, I always get stuck with something like flow. Could you help me out? here are my questions.

-Grace Maryam is probably the one I'm most sure of. Grace is my favorite girl name, and I've asked help here to choose a middle name that suits it adequately-- ultimately, I feel Grace Maryam is the most unique, yet feminine and flowing. What is your opinion of the name? Do you think Marian would be better?

-Another combo I absolutely love is Liam Alexander. What do you think?

- Julianne and Vivienne are two of my favorite names, but I can't seem to choose between them-- obviously they're too similar and rhimey to be used both. So I have to make a choice: some days, Julianne seems stronger, yet feminine, while Vivienne sounds "frillier", and less likely to age as well as Julianne. But then I think about it again, and Vivienne is so beautiful, I'm so sad to see it go. It's a vicious circle; would you tell me which one you prefer and why?
Also, I'd thought about Mercy to go with either of them, but some middle name suggestions would be great! (:

-About the whole "nickname-as-a-first-name" issue. I love the name Cate, but honestly, I'm not so keen on giving a child a nickname as a first name. Catherine seemed like the perfect alternative, seeing as it's a name I really like, but now I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a little bland. What is your opinion? I was thinking of using some slight variations. Suggestions?
Also, middle names-- I had come up with Catherine Livia, but I really, really love Livia, which brings me to the next question:

-Livia: it seems not to flow with some of the names I love. I'm afraid it is too close to Liam (double "lee" sounds), plus the "vee" part would clash with Vivienne (If I do actually use it), and Eve which I also adore.
On the other hand, though, I'd love to use it as a first name: it's unique, but simple and sweet. Livia Temperance is the combo I've grown to love :) (as I'm not brave enough to use Temperance as a first name)
You see why I'm frustrated? :)

Advice, as the title says, would be highly appreciated.
And yes, I know it's way too soon to even make this kind of decisions :), but I do think about it sometimes-- and I was itching to ask someone about it.
Thanks in advance (:

#2 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

Grace Maryam is gorgeous! I think Maryam compliments Grace quite well!

Liam Alexander is very nice as well!

As for the Julianne/Vivienne toss up, I prefer Vivienne by a mile. It is far more classy and beautiful, imo. I'm not a fan of names that end in -anne so Julianne isn't my favorite. However I love Julia! Julia & Vivienne would sound lovely together! Vivienne Mercy is gorgeous. Perhaps Julia Honor or Julia Bliss?

I'm not so keen on "nicknames as first names" either but Cate is one I see as a full name. I think it is sweet and simple. Catherine is okay, not my favorite though...too bland compared to the others you have picked out.Livia may be a tad too close to Vivienne but I do think Livia Cate would be absolutly adorable. Livia Temperance is nice as well.
Cate Temperance
Cate Isabella
Cate Arielle
Cate Harmony
Cate Melody

#3 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

I'm still undecided between Julianne and Vivienne, thank God I still got plenty of time :)
I like Julia, too, but I don't absolutely love it-- Julia Honor is beautiful, though, while I'm not a fan of Bliss.

I'm thinking of using a slightly different version of Catherine-- I'm still seeing it as a tad bland.
What do you think of
Catèrine *
Caterin
Catarine
I'm not sure, though.

Thanks a lot, Anna (:

#4 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

Catèrine is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it! :)

#5 KristaDeanne

KristaDeanne

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

-Grace Maryam - this name flows very well, however, I do not care for the spelling Maryam.

-Liam Alexander - Adorable and flows nicely.

-Julianne and Vivienne- not seeing how these two names are rhymey. I prefer Vivienne but don't see why you couldn't use both.

-Cate is not only a nickname for Catherine/-rina/etc, it is in itself a proper name. And I think it is lovely but I have always prefered it with a K.

-Livia Temperance does not flow together in the slightest.

#6 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

Grace Maryam ~ not a fan of Maryam, any spelling. This combo is okay. I don't think it's spectacular. I know you want Grace as a first name. How about Grace Vivienne or Grace Temperance?

Liam Alexander ~ love it! I love both names, especially Liam

Julianne and Vivienne ~ I prefer Julianna versus Julianne. I like Vivienne too though. If it was between Julianna and Vivienne, I would say I like Julianna better, but since it's Julianne and Vivienne, I have to say Vivienne.

Cate ~ I like it. I also prefer the "K" spelling, but as a nickname for Catherine I love it. I think Catherine, nickname Cate is very pretty. Catherine Temperance is lovely. I happen to love Temperance though and I know some people don't.

Livia ~ I prefer just Liv, or Alivia to Livia though it's not horrible at all. Grace Livia? Alivia Temperance would flow nicely.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

~alyssa

#7 Rosie&Scott

Rosie&Scott

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

-Grace Maryam, this is a gorgeous name! I prefer the spelling Mariam though.

-Liam Alexander, absolutely stunning! I adore the name Liam! Alexander is very handsome too!

- Julianne and Vivienne, this is a tough choice. I think that for me Vivianne has the edge. Perhaps this is because I love Juliet though. I also prefer Vivienne with Mercy.

-Cate, this is my favourite spelling but I'm not a fan of Catherine as you say it's a little bland. Maybe Catalina? I like it as a middle name too though, Livia Cate is stunning!

-Livia, beautiful name and I love the nns Liv and Livvy. I see what you mean about it being close to Liam and Vivienne (and Eve).

My advice with Julianne and Vivienne is that when the time comes, one will eventually have the edge. For example, one of the names may be used by someone else, it may not go with the surname etc. That said, this may happen and it will lead you to realise that you love one of the names just a little bit more, even if everything points to the other. I hope that makes sense.
Fate will help you with your decisions. For us, gender was the decider, we never got to use Liam Hayden so instead we had Alexia Hayden!

I love your name choices!
Rosie.

#8 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Grace Maryam - I never used to like the name Grace, but it's actually begin to grow on me. Grace Maryam is very nice. Are you pronouncing it like Miriam? If so, I prefer this spelling (Miriam)

Liam Alexander - I love this name! Both names are very handsome and they sound wonderful together

Julianne vs. Vivienne - I would choose Vivienne over Julianne. They are both beautiful, but I really like Vivienne a lot more. Some middle name suggestions:
Vivienne Abigail
Vivienne Bianca
Vivienne Emmeline
Vivienne Hazel
Vivienne Leia
Vivienne Rose/Rosalie
Vivienne Sarai* (my favorite!)

Cate - this one is okay. I like Rosie's suggestion of Catalina. What about Catarina/Katarina? This is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Livia - this is a very pretty name. It is pretty close Vivienne, but I don't think it will be a problem with Liam. It's not hugely close to Liam. It would actually make a cute twin set. Cute but not too rhymey

Eve is also a name that I love. It's on my list as well

#9 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the honest feedback everyone!

@Alyssa: I'm not crazy about Julianna, though Juliana is really pretty. I've got a cousin named that, but with a G (Giuliana).
Maybe Grace Juliana? Hmm,not so sure.
I really love Temperance too, though I know what you mean about many people not liking it. I'd only use it as a middle name though. Grace Temperance seems a little heavy, especially because they're two virtues next to each other and that seems too much.

@Rosie: thank you :)
I like Mariam spelled both ways (:
I agree on Catherine, it seems more like a middle name. Though Catèrine or Caterina seem just a little different, without being weird or anything like that. I absolutely love Cate as a nickname!

And yes, I get what you mean about fate coming to intervene.
I'm sure when the time comes I'll find the perfect name (:

@Lilah: No, I actually pronounce it how it's written, Mah-ree-am. ("Mah" like when saying Maya).

Oh, and I love Hazel! I'd forgotten, but I'd actually thought about Catherine (or now, Catèrine) Hazel as a combo.
Nice suggestions, thank you!

#10 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:34 PM

@Lilah: No, I actually pronounce it how it's written, Mah-ree-am. ("Mah" like when saying Maya).

Oh, and I love Hazel! I'd forgotten, but I'd actually thought about Catherine (or now, Catèrine) Hazel as a combo.

Oh okay. Well now that I know how it's pronounced, I see there is a big difference. In that case, Maryam is very nice. And Hazel is a beautiful name. Actually, someone on here suggested it to me awhile ago, and I fell in love with it.

#11 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:49 AM

What do you think of these combos, both on their own and as a sibset?

Liam Alexander
Daniel Josiah
Connor Seeley
Wyatt Henry

Liam Alexander is my fave boy name (as I said before), but I always struggle to find some more boy combos that I love.
Last night I randomly played around with some names I like, and this is what came out.
I think they sound good, but I'm not, you know, loving any of them.

Also, what names do you think would go well with the middle name Ephram?
It's a guilty pleasure of mine, but I'd love to find a first name for it!
I'd love your honest opinion! (:

#12 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:03 AM

Liam Alexander- Hands down, one of the most handsome names ever. Love it Nadia :D
Daniel Josiah- I think it flows really well.
Connor Seeley- I love Connor. Would use it but I have a cousin who used it for her son. I'm not sure about Seeley though...Connor Ephram?
Wyatt Henry- I'm not crazy about Wyatt but it flows incredibly well with Henry!

I think Ephram is rather handsome. Works best in the middle name spot :P
Daniel Ephram
Josiah Ephram
Wyatt Ephram
Noah Ephram
Elijah Ephram
Collin Ephram
Thomas Ephram

BTW, Grace Juliana=GORGEOUS!!!

#13 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

Thanks, Anna!
And I agree on Ephram working best as a middle name.
I really like how Noah Ephram sounds, but I don't think Noah is a name that would age well. I can't see it on a grown man, though I love it on a kid!

I like Grace Juliana too!
I'm growing fonder and fonder of Juliana and Julia as well.
What about Julia Kristine? Don't know, just randomly popped into my head :D

#14 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:54 AM

Aww! I couldn't decide between Noah Alexander and Liam Alexander. So, I asked and I got mixed responses. :D So, I went with Noah. ;P

I ADORE Liam Alexander, Nad. It's gorgeus!

Seeley/Temperance; Bones? :P ((THUMBS UP!))

-Yas <3

#15 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

Julia Kristine is gorgeous as well :D

I see what you mean about Noah. I've never met an adult with the name Noah...hmm.

How about...
Nathaniel Ephram
Jacob Ephram
Cole Ephram
Joel Ephram
Jude Ephram
Moses Ephram
Micah Ephram
Logan Ephram
Lucas Ephram
Luke Ephram
Jared Ephram
Joshua Ephram

#16 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

Aww! I couldn't decide between Noah Alexander and Liam Alexander. So, I asked and I got mixed responses. :P So, I went with Noah. ;P

I ADORE Liam Alexander, Nad. It's gorgeus!

Seeley/Temperance; Bones? :( ((THUMBS UP!))

-Yas <3

Oh, I admit I have some sort of adoration for Bones, but I swear it's a coincidence! :) I really do love the names :D

#17 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

i]Grace Maryam[/i]
Grace Maryam is cute :P Miriam kinda looks more old lady like, but I think Grace Maryam looks more up to date and cute!! Nothing wrong with the name! And it flows nicely :(

Liam Alexander
One of my ultimate favorites-I LOVE IT! Though in most cases I look at Liam as too nick namish, Liam Alexander looks really full and handsome!!

Julianne and Vivienne
1. I think both are gorgeous! I see both points and if I had to decide I'd have a really hard time! But, I am a bit biased, cause a great friend of mine has that name, so I like it a lot!
2. Julianne Mercy amd Vivienne Mercy sound really nice. Here are some mn's:
Julianne Marie
Julianne Clarissa
Julianne Camille
Julianne Amelie/Amelia
Julianne Emma
Vivienne Willow
Vivienne Jade
Vivienne Danielle
Vivienne Arisa/Arissa
Vivienne Reese

Cate, I personally think is a pretty full name in itself. I can see it age throughout all stages of life, and I can't see any possible teasing possibilities. Catie itself wouldn't be so great, but Cate is really sweet :) Catherine doesn't seem that bland, but maybe Cathryn, if you really feel the need for change :D I know a Katherine who goes by Cate, if a K makes it less "bland"

Catherine Livia is gorgeous!

It's differen't enough from Liam to get away from it, especially if used as a mn for Catherine. Livia Temperance looks gorgoeus, but doesn't flow so well :D I love Livia though! Too close to Vivienne though, I must say

~Haddie

#18 Rosie&Scott

Rosie&Scott

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

Liam Alexander - Absolutley stunning, as I've said before
Daniel Josiah - Very handsome name!
Connor Seeley - I adore the name Connor! Seeley I've not heard before. I'm unsure of it.
Wyatt Henry - I'm not a fan of Wyatt, it reminds me of a brand, I have no idea why. Henry is gorgeous though.

I like the sound of Connor Henry, I think it sounds good with Liam Alexander and Daniel Josiah.

Samuel Ephram
Oliver Ephram
Max Ephram
Miles Ephram
Theo Ephram
Caleb Ephram
Alfie Ephram
Aaron Ephram
Seth Ephram
Matthew Ephram
James Ephram

Sorry for any repeats anywhere.

On the subject of Noah. I find it easy to picture on a man of any age (partly due to The Notebook) and of course The Bible. Maybe it's just me though!

Rosie

#19 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

Seeley/Temperance; Bones? :D ((THUMBS UP!))

Hehe! My kitty's name is Seeley Booth. :D

~alyssa

#20 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

What do you guys think of Caterine&Charlotte? Are they too similar to be used together?
I'm falling more and more in love with Charlotte.. WDYT?
I was thinking Catèrine Livia & Charlotte Elena,.. do you think it fits?

I'm also pondering Charlotte Eve, Charlotte Evelyn, and Charlotte Elise.
It's strange, all of them start with an E, but it's totally casual :)
Which is your favorite of the four?

Hmm. Possible sibset:
Grace Maryam
Catèrine Livia
Charlotte Elena
Vivienne Mercy

Any thoughts? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users