1 reply to this topic

#1 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

So I had this idea for a surfer story a while back.

It takes place in the early-mid 70s. The main character is a girl whose dad is in the navy, while living in Hawaii she learned to surf. Then her father gets sent to S. California and she still trys to surf cause its relaxing to her and it helps her deal with stress. But in S. California the surf gangs rule the beach and they are very territorial.

I have names for just about everyone. I might need help with a few more later, but right now I'm trying to come up with names for the three rival surf gangs. The first one (And the gang the MC eventually joins) is the Surf Kings. (This name will stay).

For the others I was thinking Knights of the Board & Wave Riders. But the don't have the same ring to me as Surf Kings. And Knights of the Board is a little lame for a surf gang that would take itself very seriously.

So any ideas?

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hmm, that's a toughie!

I would think maybe Board Bums, though that doesn't totally bring a great impression on them, calling themselves bums... Maybe Board Bro's?

Maybe even one called the Blue Kings, Red Kings? Blue Boards, Red boards? Cause don't a lot of gangs go by particular color? And sometimes hurt people for using the wrong color at the wrong time type of thing?

You could even relate them to a real gang, maybe! The Latin King Boards, or Mafia Boards?

(lol, every one of them say boards :unsure: )

~Haddie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users