• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

I wanted your opinions on the name Samaire. I'd only use it in the middle spot, and it would honor my baby sister Samantha. Any first name suggestions? My definite top 5 girls names are Lyra, Phoebe, Hermione, Ophelie, and Livia, so anything that goes with those would be awesome!

Thanks so much in advance wonderful BNGers.

Hannah x

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Samaire is kinda cute! Not my style but very pretty.

Violet Samaire
Evelyn Samaire
Marley Samaire
Lillian Samaire
Harper Samaire
Victoria Samaire
Brynn Samaire
Delia Samaire

WDYT? :)

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks Remy!

I like Violet Samaire, Evelyn Samaire, and Harper Samaire.

Hannah x

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Glad you like some! Want more? :)

#5 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

I love Samaire. It's gorgeous and different.
Did you want the names you already have...Phoebe Samaire? Because I think it sounds super pretty. (:

#6 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

More suggestions would be great!

Phoebe Samaire is pretty, but other suggestions would be lovely too :-)

#7 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

NMS, but pretty!

Sorry for any repeats:

Ophelia Samaire is very pretty!

Florence Samaire
Marie Samaire
Beatrice Samaire
Coralyn Samaire
Aurelia Samaire
Meredith Samaire
Georgia Samaire / Georgiana Samaire
Helena Samaire
Kay / Kaye Samaire
Evangelina Samaire
Jocelyn Samaire
Emily Samaire
Esther Samaire
Lydia Samaire
Julianne Samaire

#8 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thanks Addy! I like Beatrice Samaire and Esther Samaire.

I have a couple more questions: What do you guys think of Ottilie? I'd use it instead of Ophelie, so the combo would be Ottlie Brooke. Do think that flows?
Also, what do you think of the combo Castiel Jude? Castiel's been really growing on me lately, although I don't watch Supernatural there is a lot of it floating around on tumblr, as well as a few people mentioning it on here. Would people immediately think of Supernatural?

Thanks for the feedback so far!
Hannah x

#9 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

Thanks Addy! I like Beatrice Samaire and Esther Samaire.

I have a couple more questions: What do you guys think of Ottilie? I'd use it instead of Ophelie, so the combo would be Ottlie Brooke. Do think that flows?
Also, what do you think of the combo Castiel Jude? Castiel's been really growing on me lately, although I don't watch Supernatural there is a lot of it floating around on tumblr, as well as a few people mentioning it on here. Would people immediately think of Supernatural?

Thanks for the feedback so far!
Hannah x

I'm not a big fan of Ottilie. I see it all over nameberry so it's kind of grown on me for other people if that makes sense. I really love Ophelie though and I would hate to see you take if off your list. Ottilie Brooke is really pretty though! Maybe you'll get lucky with twin girls or something and you could go for a matchy theme! :P

I love the name Castiel. I'm a huge fan of Supernatural and I think most people who hear Castiel think of Supernatural. I think it would be similar to using the name Katniss if you don't like/aren't a big fan of The Hunger Games or Hermoine but don't like/aren't a fan of Harry Potter. You could always try watching the show. I bet you'll really like it and fall in love with Castiel even more!

To answer your question though, Castiel Jude is a lovely combo! I have Castiel Wyatt on my list. Castiel is an angel in Supernatural and Wyatt means "brave in war" and it makes me think of how brave Castiel the angel is. <3

#10 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm not a big fan of Ottilie. I see it all over nameberry so it's kind of grown on me for other people if that makes sense. I really love Ophelie though and I would hate to see you take if off your list. Ottilie Brooke is really pretty though! Maybe you'll get lucky with twin girls or something and you could go for a matchy theme! :P

I love the name Castiel. I'm a huge fan of Supernatural and I think most people who hear Castiel think of Supernatural. I think it would be similar to using the name Katniss if you don't like/aren't a big fan of The Hunger Games or Hermoine but don't like/aren't a fan of Harry Potter. You could always try watching the show. I bet you'll really like it and fall in love with Castiel even more!

To answer your question though, Castiel Jude is a lovely combo! I have Castiel Wyatt on my list. Castiel is an angel in Supernatural and Wyatt means "brave in war" and it makes me think of how brave Castiel the angel is. <3

Omg we're all going to have little Castiels running around!! :wub:

#11 Guest_StarBabyNamer_*

Guest_StarBabyNamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Samaire is a beat! I love it as a middle name:

Dawn Samaire
Evelyn Samaire
Kayla Samaire
Dawna Samaire
Shawna Samiare
Haddie Samiare
Isabel(la) Samaire

That is all I can think of!

#12 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

I think I'm going to keep Ophelie Brooke, and add Ottilie as a reserve :)

I've been thinking about watching Supernatural for a while, mainly because it's all over tumblr and it looks good. I like what Castiel Wyatt means to you, but Wyatt isn't really my style lol.

Thanks for the opinions!

Omg we're all going to have little Castiels running around!! :wub:

Haha, if my bf okays the name then hopefully! :P

Samaire is a beat! I love it as a middle name:

Dawn Samaire
Evelyn Samaire
Kayla Samaire

That is all I can think of!

Thank you, I like Evelyn Samaire :)

#13 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer