8 replies to this topic

#1 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hello everyone! We are once again in a naming rut with baby girl! First it was Vivienne Blair, then it was Penelope Lark, and now hubby is insisting that we name her Ainsley Harriet. I love the name but I'm not quiet sold on it yet.

Opinions, suggestions?

I know some have suggested the name Everly. We've vetoed the name only because Easton starts with an E and we don't want 2/3 have the same initial. 

#2 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

You poor Darling!! <3 All of the names you keep choosing are BEAUTIFUL and work wonderfully well with your Sons' names. Here is what I think about each name:

Vivienne Blair - Perfectly matches the elegant style of Hayes Montgomery and Easton Alexander and, like them, would work perfectly for any age. The only difference between Vivienne Blair and the Boys' Names is that their First Names are quite short and their Middle Names are long whereas Vivienne Blair is the other way around. But as she's your first Girl that doesn't matter at all and just sets up a new pattern for any future Daughters.

Penelope Lark - For me this name doesn't fit quite as well as Vivienne Blair but is still lovely. Penelope is a great match for Montgomery and Alexander but Lark has a Springlike freshness all its own! Again the short - long pattern is reversed but that doesn't matter.

Ainsley Harriet - This name almost rivals Vivienne Blair with how well it matches the Boys' Names! As a First Name Ainsley actually works even more perfectly to exactly match Hayes and Easton in style, sound and feel. Harriet is a GORGEOUS name but, for me, it doesn't quite have the elegance of the Boys' Middle Names. I believe that the perfect match for your Boys' Names is:

Ainsley Vivienne! :)

All the best deciding!!
  • EmilyA likes this

#3 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 776 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Penelope Lark is so cute! Perfection!
Ainsley Harriet is cute too.

Other suggestions:
Avia
Celeste
Eira
Amaya
Adara
Delia
Lilia
Caia
Dahlia
Annika
Honora
Nilah
Baila
Cicely
Rowena
Maelys
Fiona
Linnea
Corinne
Pippa
Elspeth
Viola
Waverly
Sabella
Bellamy
Saskia
Veda
Bryony
Calla
Georgia
Verity
Juniper
Vienna
Thalassa
Clementine
Olive
Moira
Iris
Flora
Florence
Mila
Nerissa
Coralie
Cassia
Rosalind
Talia
Felicity

Like any?

#4 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:47 AM

If I were you I wouldn't use the combo Ainsley Harriet, as this is the name of a well known TV chef over here (UK), although his surname might be spelled differently.

I think Vivienne Blair and Penelope Lark are gorgeous, but I like Hayes, Easton, and Penelope a little better, since they all end in different sounds.

#5 saree6

saree6

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

I think the first name Ainsley goes best with your other children's names! My second choice would be Vivienne as it sounds as if it completes Hayes and Easton as a set.

Good luck! :)

#6 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Ainsley is okay, but I don't like Harriet at all.  Vivienne Blair or Penelope Lark would be PERFECTION!!  :)

#7 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Vivienne Blair was my favorite, but all your choices are nice.

Would your husband be interested in a compromise?

Vivienne Lark

Ainsley Blair

Vivienne Ainsley

Vivienne Harriet

Penelope Blair

#8 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Vivienne Blair was my favorite, but all your choices are nice.

Would your husband be interested in a compromise?

Vivienne Lark

Ainsley Blair

Vivienne Ainsley

Vivienne Harriet

Penelope Blair

I adore Vivienne Lark! Such a sweet and sophisticated option! I will be sure to run it by him! Thank you so much! 

Ainsley is okay, but I don't like Harriet at all.  Vivienne Blair or Penelope Lark would be PERFECTION!!   :)

Perfection is what we strive for when it comes to naming our babies! :)

I think the first name Ainsley goes best with your other children's names! My second choice would be Vivienne as it sounds as if it completes Hayes and Easton as a set.

Good luck! :)

Vivienne and Ainsley are two diverse names that we love but can't seem to agree on them! But you're right, Vivienne does complement the boys' well! 

If I were you I wouldn't use the combo Ainsley Harriet, as this is the name of a well known TV chef over here (UK), although his surname might be spelled differently.

I think Vivienne Blair and Penelope Lark are gorgeous, but I like Hayes, Easton, and Penelope a little better, since they all end in different sounds.

I did not know that! Everyone seems to be loving Vivienne and Penelope a lot better than Ainsley; as goes for our family as well. 

Penelope Lark is so cute! Perfection!
Ainsley Harriet is cute too.

Other suggestions:
Avia
Celeste
Eira
Amaya
Adara
Delia
Lilia
Caia
Dahlia
Annika
Honora
Nilah
Baila
Cicely
Rowena
Maelys
Fiona
Linnea
Corinne
Pippa
Elspeth
Viola
Waverly
Sabella
Bellamy
Saskia
Veda
Bryony
Calla
Georgia
Verity
Juniper
Vienna
Thalassa
Clementine
Olive
Moira
Iris
Flora
Florence
Mila
Nerissa
Coralie
Cassia
Rosalind
Talia
Felicity

Like any?

Delia

Lilia

Olive

Cicely 

Coralie

Veda

Dahlia

Love these the most! I would prefer Cordelia over Delia and nickname her Delia. Veda is lovely and has always stuck with me because of my love for the movie, My Girl. Dahlia is such a powerful name, I love it! Olive has and will always be my number one choice if I have another girl with another man!  :D  Craig absolutely hates the name Olive! Cicely is very nice, I love the reference from the movie Eve's Bayou. Coralie is so nice! The nickname Cora is precious as can be. I would probably pair it with Margaret. Lilia is a nice alternative to the ever so popular Lily/Lilly. And of course hubby has vetoed it! 

Vivienne Blair - Perfectly matches the elegant style of Hayes Montgomery and Easton Alexander and, like them, would work perfectly for any age. The only difference between Vivienne Blair and the Boys' Names is that their First Names are quite short and their Middle Names are long whereas Vivienne Blair is the other way around. But as she's your first Girl that doesn't matter at all and just sets up a new pattern for any future Daughters.

Penelope Lark - For me this name doesn't fit quite as well as Vivienne Blair but is still lovely. Penelope is a great match for Montgomery and Alexander but Lark has a Springlike freshness all its own! Again the short - long pattern is reversed but that doesn't matter.

Ainsley Harriet - This name almost rivals Vivienne Blair with how well it matches the Boys' Names! As a First Name Ainsley actually works even more perfectly to exactly match Hayes and Easton in style, sound and feel. Harriet is a GORGEOUS name but, for me, it doesn't quite have the elegance of the Boys' Middle Names. I believe that the perfect match for your Boys' Names is:

Ainsley Vivienne! :)

All the best deciding!!

It seems that everyone is on board with Vivienne!  :lol: 

#9 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

Ainsley Harriet is beautiful

0 user(s) are reading this topic