13 replies to this topic

#1 misshaleyxo

misshaleyxo

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

My mind works in odd ways, but I like to classify names by what season they make me think of (ie; Florence makes me think of flowers blossoming in the spring, but Adeline makes me think of running through a meadow with a summery breeze blowing on you.), and right now, I'm looking towards my winter girls :-) For me, winter names are ones like;

Arianwen
Ceridwen
Mabel
Philippa
Geneva
Beatrice
Josephine
Madeleine
Primrose
Penelope
Aurelia
Eugenia
Euphemia
Eleanor
Bronwen
Lucinda
Agnes

etc, etc, etc. smile.png

These names make me think of ice skating, snow falling, sipping hot chocolate, decorating a Christmas tree, and wrapping Christmas presents. 

Which names make you think of those things?

• Sunny Mummy! :) likes this

#2 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Some names that make me think of winter...

Eloise

Holly

Rebecca

Rosemary

Mary

Evangeline

Winter/Wynter

Snow

January

Crystal

Noelle

Christine

Samantha

Anneliese

#3 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hmm names that make me think of Winter:

Ivy

Noelle

Holly

Winter

Neve/Neva

Gwen

Belle

Clara

Scarlett

Nora

Imani

Sarah

Clarissa

Marie

Isolde

Annabelle

Wendy

Elsie

Christina

Isadora

Mary

Gabriella

Effie

Juliet

Natalie/Natalia

Lucia

Eve/Evie

Nina

Verity

Pearl

Lacey

Erica

Nancy

Giselle

Demi

:)

#4 My4kiddos

My4kiddos

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

I think Valerie is a really nice unusual winter name, just make sure you spell it Valerie not with a y cause I find that the name is already uncommon so you shouldn't need to spell it differently! Hope this helps

#5 misshaleyxo

misshaleyxo

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think Valerie is a really nice unusual winter name, just make sure you spell it Valerie not with a y cause I find that the name is already uncommon so you shouldn't need to spell it differently! Hope this helps

I'd definitely use the traditional spelling, as Valerie is my grandmother's name :-) 

#6 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

My winter names consist of

Winter
Joy
Noelle
Caroline
Wendy
Geneva
Nathalia
Evelyn(Evie)
Melinda
Merritt
Sadie
Quinn
Marley
Violet

#7 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

My FAVORITE winter names:

Harlow

Natalia

Juliet

Genevieve

Chloe

Anja

Vera

Alaska

Holly

Elyse

Guinevere

Nora

Annaleigh

Isolde

Winter

Annika

Hensley

Ember

Mariska

Blaise

Rosalie

Evelyn

Hadley

:)

#8 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I LOVE your descriptions!! The name that immediately came to mind as I was reading what you had written was Leanora!! I can imagine her going ice skating with sparkling snowflakes shining like Jewels in her long curly chestnut hair! I can see her rubbing her cream coloured mittens together to try to keep warm while smiling coyly at the sweet boy who makes her heart melt and who she prays is going to give her a Christmas card this year! I imagine Leanora snuggled up on her Mother's patchwork quilt as she busily wraps Christmas presents in cheerful wrapping papers. I can picture her bending over the wooden kitchen table as she hand writes Christmas cards to all her family and friends, including one special Boy! I can smell the delicious honey and spices as Leanora and her sisters and brother bake and decorate Honeycakes with their mother, Aunty, cousins, and Grandparents! I see her walking through the snow to Church with her family on Christmas Eve, her cheeks flushed with excitement! I see the warm glow of the candles in her eyes as she tiptoes into the Christmas Tree Room after her Father has rung the Christmas Bell! I watch with delight as she opens the little box containing the locket she has been wanting so badly!!

Thank you for leading me to these FABULOUS images!!

I will think about Leanora's full name and the names of her 2 sisters and brother and post them when I know what they are! :)
  • misshaleyxo likes this

#9 Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

Josephine Mary Hertzberg 17
Lucinda Dulcie Hertzberg 16
Leanora Crystal Hertzberg 15
Jonathan Nicholas Hertzberg 14

Josie, Lucy, Nora, and Johnny! :)
  • misshaleyxo likes this

#10 Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

P.S. When Leanora leaves Church with her family on Christmas Morning, Josiah David Rose, the sweet boy who makes her heart melt, is waiting for her in the Church Yard! He holds out a potted Christmas Rose plant and a Christmas card and says, "Happy Christmas Leanora, I pray it's a really special one for you! " The card has a picture of a beautiful white dove on the front and inside Jos has written

Dear Leanora,

I pray you have a truly blessed and wonderful Christmas and a New Year that is your best ever!

Thank you for your sweet friendship!

Yours affectionately,

Josiah!
  • misshaleyxo likes this

#11 misshaleyxo

misshaleyxo

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

I LOVE your descriptions!! The name that immediately came to mind as I was reading what you had written was Leanora!! I can imagine her going ice skating with sparkling snowflakes shining like Jewels in her long curly chestnut hair! I can see her rubbing her cream coloured mittens together to try to keep warm while smiling coyly at the sweet boy who makes her heart melt and who she prays is going to give her a Christmas card this year! I imagine Leanora snuggled up on her Mother's patchwork quilt as she busily wraps Christmas presents in cheerful wrapping papers. I can picture her bending over the wooden kitchen table as she hand writes Christmas cards to all her family and friends, including one special Boy! I can smell the delicious honey and spices as Leanora and her sisters and brother bake and decorate Honeycakes with their mother, Aunty, cousins, and Grandparents! I see her walking through the snow to Church with her family on Christmas Eve, her cheeks flushed with excitement! I see the warm glow of the candles in her eyes as she tiptoes into the Christmas Tree Room after her Father has rung the Christmas Bell! I watch with delight as she opens the little box containing the locket she has been wanting so badly!!

Thank you for leading me to these FABULOUS images!!

I will think about Leanora's full name and the names of her 2 sisters and brother and post them when I know what they are! :)

Thank you! Imagery is something I love doing :-) I love your name combinations!

#12 Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Thank you too!! :) We seem to have very similar taste in names! I'd love to know what your special names are for the other Seasons if you don't mind, please?

#13 misshaleyxo

misshaleyxo

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Thank you too!! :) We seem to have very similar taste in names! I'd love to know what your special names are for the other Seasons if you don't mind, please?

Yay! I love finding people with similar tastes to me :) I haven't worked on any new lists, but, if you have an email address, you can email me at haleyalannah_@outlook.com and I'll send you the lists when I'm done! 

#14 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

I looooovvvveeee Welsh names. <3  

Sorry for repeats:

Gwendolen (I prefer this to Gwendolyn. It is the traditional spelling)

Elowen

Anwen

Branwen (though I slightly prefer Bronwen to this)

Rowen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users