Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

I have a few more names I need opinions on:

Annalie

--I just love the look and sound, plus the nickname options. [prn Anna Lee just for clarification]

Maeva

--I think I like it more than Maeve, and I could always use Maeve as a nickname. Opinions?

Zola

--I love the uncommon factor, as well as the sound and shortness of the name. 

Stellan

--I have a thing for Scandinavian names, lol. I love the feel.

Finch

--I would only be brave enough to use this in the middle spot, but I love how it feels like Finn, only cooler  B) 

++sorry about bothering you guys for opinions so much lately....there are just so many names I' m loving at the moment!++

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Annalie

--I think Annalie is a pretty cool name; it feels familiar but also unknown, and I like the vibe I get from it. I think the nicknames Anne, Anna, Annie, or Lee could work, and I also think Annalie Grace would be cool as sort of a double barrel name.

Maeva

--I prefer Maeve; Maeva feels unnecessarily frilly to me, like the a doesn't really need to be there. It's nice though, and I can see it working as a sister to Annalie.

Zola

--I think Zola is very spunky, it has a sort of edginess to it, but I can't picture it on just any child; Zola brings a certain picture to mind, so I don't think I would bestow it on my child because they definitely wouldn't fit the image I have. I do think it could work on any child though, but it doesn't in my head, if that makes any sense.

Stellan

--I love Stellan, I have it on my master list of names (lol), it has such a fresh feel to it and it feels trendy without being trendy.

Finch

--I think Finch makes a wonderful middle name; I love the nature connection as well as the reference to Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird. I had Milo Finch on my list a while back.

Would you like any combo suggestions?

• Addison likes this

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback!! :)

I would love combo suggestions if you have any.

#4 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Annalie - I like this one, it has kind of a southern sound to it, which is a definite pull factor for me.  It's so girly and pretty.

Maeva - It's not my style.  In my opinion, Mabel is better.  It still has that May sound in it and has that southern sound that I love.  I think Annalie and Mabel would be perfect for siblings, but maybe another spelling for Mabel to make it more girly?

Zola - Has a cool futuristic sound, but it's not my style, and I don't think it goes with Annalie and Maeva/Mabel.

Stellan - Cool, it's handsome, and kind of sounds futuristic, but it's not my style.  For some reason it reminds me of the names Steele and Grey (I'm not even a 50 Shades fan!), I don't know why.

Finch - It's not my style, but if Sparrow can work, then so can Finch and it would make a cool middle name. 

• Addison likes this

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Thanks, Madi!

Mabel is cute, but I have a cousin of whom I am very close to named Madelina Belle who goes by Mabel.

And as for Zola, I wouldn't pair it with Annalie or Maeva in a sibset. I could see Zola with Astrid, Troian, Aksel, etc. :) my list is kind of all over the place.

Annalie is a Finnish (Scandinavian name) so I'd love to see her as a sister to another Scan choice. I picture Annalie & Ingrid, Annalie & Stellan, Annalie & Griffin [mns Drake Esbjorn]. <3

#6 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Madelina is so pretty, lol.  And the nickname Mabel for Madelina Belle is clever.  Much better than the common Maddie, imo, although I go by Madi so I'm kind of contradicting myself... How is it pronounced?

I can see Zola with Astrid, Troian, and Aksel better.  Beware of the harsh beginning of Astrid, just pointing it out so that you are aware.  Troian is cool, I think that's an actress from Pretty Little Liars, although I don't watch it.  Is Aksel, like Axel, and is it for a boy or girl?

:)

• Addison likes this

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'll suggest a mixture of single and double middles since I know you like double middles, but you can mix and match that way :)

Annalie Ever Rose

Annalie Tatum Wren

Annalie Olive Skye

Annalie Norah

Annalie Willa Grace

Annalie Vera Lynn

Annalie Skylar

Annalie Bryn

Annalie Georgia

Annalie Zara

Maeva Eloise

Maeva Lillian Rose

Maeva Susannah Grace

Maeva Suzanne

Maeva Charlotte

Maeva Chloe

Maeva Riley

Maeva Danielle

Maeva Willow Clare

Maeva June

Zola Annemarie

Zola Natalie

Zola Christine

Zola Margot Quinn

Zola Emery

Zola Tatum Rose

Zola Yasmine

Zola Jasmine

Zola Vivienne

Stellan Mikhail

Stellan Jude

Stellan Avaric Lyle

Stellan Tyler

Stellan Kyler

Stellan Mitchell Kye

Stellan Everett James

Stellan Victor Lance

Stellan Louis

Milo Finch

Samuel Finch

Stellan Finch

Cillian Finch

Matthew Kellan Finch

Thomas Andrew Finch

Robert Louis Finch

Jasper Finch

Lleyton Finch

Paxton Finch

Archer Finch

William Finch

Geoffrey Finch

• Addison likes this

#8 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Madelina is pronounced Ma-duh-lee-nuh. :)

Aksel is said Axel, it is the Scandinavian variation. I'd only use it as a middle, though, in order to avoid spelling confusion.

Hannah:
I like a lot of those combos! Esp Annalie Bryn & Annalie Skylar, Maeva Lillian, Zola Jasmine, Stellan Jude & Stellan Tyler, and Thomas Andrew Finch, Samuel Finch, & Archer Finch.
  • Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#9 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

I love Maeva and Stellan. Maeva is such a pretty name, and very nice.

Stellan is great!

#10 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Annalie

--I once asked about this name on a baby name message board and someone pointed out that it sounds a bit like anally. I took it off my list.

Maeva

--I prefer the simplicity of Maeve. 

Zola

--It isn't something I would use but I think its pretty cool!

Stellan

--Awesome!

Finch

--I prefer Finn.

#11 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the responses!  :D 

Maybe it is just my accent, but I don't think Annalie sounds like anally at all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users