• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:36 AM

Calling all unusual / unique name lovers..

I am offering up my services to give you my thoughts/Critique/Analysis on your names..

Please add up to 8 names or combo's that you have - 4 BOYS AND 4 GIRLS-

If certain names/ combos are your utmost favorite please add a '**' next to them.

I will give extra names if help is needed [ you can also request this too] and Alternative names that I think may go a little better..

But do not ever be thinking that my opinion is the only one that matters of course as it will be your child at the end of the day not my own.

I am interested to see what names will arrive in the comments.. 

:)  :D

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

Adoniram Boon
-both names honor-

#3 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

GIRLS:

Kalinda Noelle

Mahali Jane(pr. muh-holly)

Ondina Elliette

Henley Octavia

BOYS:

Rhydian Thomas

Jude Oliver

Bellamy Ryan

Doon Anderson

#4 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

Girls:

-Laree (luh-ree) Brooklyn
-Aksana (aux-sauna) Drew
-Isiana (iz-ee-on-uh) Hunter Layne
-Katarzyna (kat-ter-jzin-uh; the jzin part is like the "sion" in vision) Cherry

Boys:

-Ambrose Matthew

#5 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

Adoniram Boon
-both names honor-

Oh wow what an unusual name that is addison..!!   :D 

I'm guessing it is pronounced relatively similar to how it's spelled..  I would say without researching it that is is Ado-nih-ram or Ado- Nye-rum.

It's most defo a head turner.. an Boon well that's a strong one syllable and the flow with adoniram and boon is really good..

Do you have any other names or girls names at all? 

• Addison likes this

#6 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

GIRLS:

Kalinda Noelle

Mahali Jane(pr. muh-holly)

Ondina Elliette

Henley Octavia

BOYS:

Rhydian Thomas

Jude Oliver

Bellamy Ryan

Doon Anderson

Kalinda Noelle- firstly lovely flow.  Kalinda.. nice name thinking of Kali as a nn, Its not too uncommon but its not a name that is in the top 10 in popular names. Noelle is a name i keep going back to i love the elle on the end of it perhaps might be cos my name has an elle on the end of it.. As a combo i give this name a 7.5 out of 10

Mahali Jane- Again great flow. Mahali -Without you saying how this name is pn i would have said Muh-Halle. Im going to guess hawaiian name.. Jane is a nice filler name to finish the name without going ott. Love the uniquness of the first name.

*Slightly off topic to your name here but i played a video game the other day and it had the name Jane but spelled Jeyne... i found that to be unusual in comparison to the normal spellings of Jane/Jayne

I would give this combo a rating of 8.7 out of 10 

Ondina Elliette- Ondina.. now this is an unusual name, flows really well, and i would say maybe it could be a newer version of the name Olivia.. Elliette - WOW- that is all i have to say abso LOVE the spelling of Elliette.. love love love. It is a fav of mine.. However unusable as its the mr's nephews name.. [Elliott] GRRR.

Also think the name could be reversed too and still have a great flow.. Elliette Ondina..  out of 10.. im going with 9.3

Henley Octavia- Flow again is lovely.. Henley- i wouldn't think of this for a girl.. Purely because i know of a little boy who is named Henley.. But it is doable. Octavia.. Now this name i really do adore.. and its not just because i am born in the tenth month.. I grew fond of this name when i was watching the tv show The 100. The name just keeps on growing on me..  I'm giving this one a 8.4 out of 10.

Rhydian Thomas- Flow is there.. Rhydian.. Ohh eerrr a proper welsh boys name [i live in wales] i do like this name.. and i would say as a welsh citizen that the name is NOT used enough.. too many Dai's about [ Davids' nn] Thomas - Nice normal filler name for a middle.. But as a combo goes well together.. 

6.8 out of 10

Jude Oliver- Jude.. A nice short yet strong first name.. Oliver- Simple yet nice name and flow is great.. not too much and yet not too little.

7.4 out of 10

Bellamy Ryan - To start flow is is fab.. Bellamy- cute name.. i think it would be a good baby to older gen name.. Ryan a nice name to fill and it flows really well too..

8.1 out of 10

Doon Anderson - Nice flow- Doon.. I am not totally sure how to pn this name is it Doon as in simlar to Dune and Doom but with an N instead of M ont he end. Anderson- Great name love it even as a first name with anders as a nn for it.

5.8 out of 10

My 2 favorite names listed are Ondina Elliette - [think Elliette swayed me with the option of reversing the name] and Bellamy Ryan

Girls:

-Laree (luh-ree) Brooklyn
-Aksana (aux-sauna) Drew
-Isiana (iz-ee-on-uh) Hunter Layne
-Katarzyna (kat-ter-jzin-uh; the jzin part is like the "sion" in vision) Cherry

Boys:

-Ambrose Matthew

Laree Brooklyn- Laree now this name is unusual is it similar to the name Laurie or Lowri.. and Brooklyn lovely name love the Lyn ending names.. overall score for the combo is 8.7 out of 10

Aksana Drew- This is a fab combo loving the flow.. Aksana- I want to say scandinavian perhaps russian roxanna?.  Drew -Love this as a middle name even though its short and simple its got character..  This combo gets 7.5 out of 10

Isiana Hunter Layne- Isiana- How different is this name.. I for one have never heard of this until now. Loving the flow of all 3 names.. they all flow terrifically. Hunter- This name for me i liked it as a Hunter-Rose hypen name but alot of comments made me rethink as i was told the name looked violent- i didnt think so. But hey what do i know right..  I think its a great name and for the names that are about these days upbeat. Layne- The topper to the combo I really like this combo.. Im going to give it a 9.1 out of 10

Katarzyna Cherry- Now this name is unusual territory to me.. A name that looks to be pn totally different to how you have said it is pn. Extremely exotic looking name. Cherry -hehe well you just put the cherry on top didn't you.. tehehe.. Its flow is fab.. Kat as a nn i think.. Im going to give this combo an  8.6 out of 10.

Ambrose Matthew- Ambrose a name you dont generally see on boys alot. a name name.. no need for a nn for this name.. Matthew- A nice biblical and yet classical name. Nice flow.. 7.6 out of 10

My faves are Laree Brooklyn and Isiana Hunter Layne

#7 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

add-uh-nye-rum :)

I don't have more at the moment, I figure I'll post them as they come across my brain :P

#8 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

Shepherd Oliver

Thayer Archibald

Wilder Grey

Ronan Wolfgang

Elowen Blair

Sylvie Juniper

Matilda Penrose

Felicity Wren

#9 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:26 PM

Mahali is Hindi. Doon is pronounced like Doom with an m and is a variant spelling of Dune. And I am absolutely obsessed with Welsh names! I would love to message with you sometime about what names are popular and unpopular in Wales!
  • pinkmonkey23 likes this

#10 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

add-uh-nye-rum :)

I don't have more at the moment, I figure I'll post them as they come across my brain :P

Not a problem, I was half right in the pronounciation of the name then wooop go me..   B) 

Mahali is Hindi. Doon is pronounced like Doom with an m and is a variant spelling of Dune. And I am absolutely obsessed with Welsh names! I would love to message with you sometime about what names are popular and unpopular in Wales!

Oooohh Hindi.. interesting as it looks hawaiian.. A friend of mine's dd is named Maliah which is hawaiian form of mary. and it looked similar..  A variant of Dune.. I like it.. My hubster would love it too infact he'd like Doom.. lol.. Yes please do message away.. I live in a little village but you do hear a few welshy names there area alot of names now that are more unisex and modern but there are the odd few about.. I know my n-d-n grandchildren are - Ieuan, Llewellyn, and Tirian and her other daughters are Aneurin and Emlyn [currently expecting a girl she is im going to guess a name something like Seren] x

#11 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:09 AM

Twila Gwendoline Pearl

Opal Katherine Margaret

Brogan Robert James

Emory Andrew Paul

(All middles are family names)

#12 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:33 AM

Shepherd Oliver

Thayer Archibald

Wilder Grey

Ronan Wolfgang

Elowen Blair

Sylvie Juniper

Matilda Penrose

Felicity Wren

Shepard Oliver- Liking this name- Shepard is just awesome [my fave tv show supernatural one of the actors son's is named this but spelt Shepherd] and Oliver well the flow is good i cant say anything bad about it. out of 10 im going with 7.8

Thayer Archibald- I think the 2 names go well together. Thayer [THAY-err- like Fay with a TH on the front] is a name that is quite unheard of a certainly unusual and Archibald a classic so it evens it out 6.7 out of 10

Wilder Grey- Wilder- Thats a name that will turn heads for sure.... And Grey well nice colour name in ther and the flow is perfect. Cant fault it. 7.5 out of 10

Ronan Wolfgang - Ronan- Nice strong irish name- Wolfgang- Love it  such a cool sounding name. [ My father knew someone who was actually named wolfgang- from Devon-UK] 7.8 out of 10

Elowen Blair - Elowen i want to say this combo sounds like a welsh combo and looks it too but infact elowen is cornish and blair-scottish The 2 together are fab - 8.6 out of 10

Sylvie Juniper- This is a super cute name- Sylvie is slowly coming back in to name fashion. Juniper-well.. this name was a possiblility for my own daughter as she was born in june. 8.2 out of 10

Matilda Penrose- Matilda- nn Tilly- Lovely classic name - Penrose- Is a great name.. I think of the show dangermouse- I know he was Penfold.. but its a quirky name for is the sidekick was a female.. Lovely combo im going to give it 8.9 out of 10.

Felicity Wren- I think this is my fave combo felicity love it. Fliss or flick as a nn and Wren lovely - Nature/Bird name  Cute and goes frombaby to adult without a problem in my eyes. 9.3 out of 10

My fave out of the list are- Felicity Wren, Elowen Blair and Ronan Wolfgang   :) 

#13 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:52 AM

Twila Gwendoline Pearl

Opal Katherine Margaret

Brogan Robert James

Emory Andrew Paul

(All middles are family names)

Firstly Hannah loving the names -

Twila Gwendoline Pearl- Twila-  This name is rather interesting.. I actually thought it was WELSH. Turns out it just looks it.. Im not sure if i like it more spelt Twyla or Twila.. Very Nice unusual name.. Gwendoline - Love it very nice flow from Twila to Gwendoline. and Pearl.. Well Pearl just tops the combo. All 3 names are lovely and they flow excellently together as if they 'bounce' off of each other.  out of ten im going with 8.7 on this combo

Opal Katherine Margaret- Opal this name is very short and sweet and yet has that character with it also. Katherine - Very traditional name goes well with shorter firsts Margaret- Very nice another traditional classic. Have you ever thought about Marguerite just because it gives that little bit more va va voom to the ending of the name. It is a variation of Margaret so not like you wouldn't be using family names. 

Brogan Robert James- Brogan- Love this name its got spunk to it its modern yet it can be used for baby all the way to adult. and The middles flow fab with the first name Robert- Nice classical name- James- Again nice classic and a filler name that evens it all out. 7.6 out of 10

Emory Andrew Paul -  Emory- well if you haven't seen i like this name for a girl.. lol.. Emery/Emerie thats my fave, I would be interested to see how it would be on a boy as i would have only put emory as a nn for emerson lovely name.. Andrew- Again another traditional classic. and Paul- Nice enough name- although the name is nms but the flow with the other 2 names is great. A really nice combo. Im going to give a 8.6 on this one out of 10.

My faves out of the combos you have listed are Twila Gwendoline Pearl and Emory Andrew Paul - Twila and Emory as siblings is awesome.

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#14 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

Firstly Hannah loving the names -

Twila Gwendoline Pearl- Twila-  This name is rather interesting.. I actually thought it was WELSH. Turns out it just looks it.. Im not sure if i like it more spelt Twyla or Twila.. Very Nice unusual name.. Gwendoline - Love it very nice flow from Twila to Gwendoline. and Pearl.. Well Pearl just tops the combo. All 3 names are lovely and they flow excellently together as if they 'bounce' off of each other.  out of ten im going with 8.7 on this combo

Opal Katherine Margaret- Opal this name is very short and sweet and yet has that character with it also. Katherine - Very traditional name goes well with shorter firsts Margaret- Very nice another traditional classic. Have you ever thought about Marguerite just because it gives that little bit more va va voom to the ending of the name. It is a variation of Margaret so not like you wouldn't be using family names. 

Brogan Robert James- Brogan- Love this name its got spunk to it its modern yet it can be used for baby all the way to adult. and The middles flow fab with the first name Robert- Nice classical name- James- Again nice classic and a filler name that evens it all out. 7.6 out of 10

Emory Andrew Paul -  Emory- well if you haven't seen i like this name for a girl.. lol.. Emery/Emerie thats my fave, I would be interested to see how it would be on a boy as i would have only put emory as a nn for emerson lovely name.. Andrew- Again another traditional classic. and Paul- Nice enough name- although the name is nms but the flow with the other 2 names is great. A really nice combo. Im going to give a 8.6 on this one out of 10.

My faves out of the combos you have listed are Twila Gwendoline Pearl and Emory Andrew Paul - Twila and Emory as siblings is awesome.

Thank you! Marguerite is lovely, but I doubt I'd use both Margaret and Pearl as they both honor the same people. Our #1 name for if we have a son is Brogan, and he'll be called Bo most of the time. I like Emerson as well, but both of our surnames end in son as well, so it doesn't flow that well. Thanks for your opinions!

#15 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

Ahh i see.. A fair point as to why emerson wouldn't be a good idea. :) Lovely names either way.. Are you planning children anytime soon?

#16 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

Ahh i see.. A fair point as to why emerson wouldn't be a good idea. :) Lovely names either way.. Are you planning children anytime soon?

Hopefully within the next year or two. I just started a new job, so it's not really the best time right now, and I'd like us to own a house before we start trying, or at least before baby is born. I'm excited for us to start trying though, and it's getting harder to control my baby fever lol. My cousin just had a baby, so that's helping for now :)

#17 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:35 AM

I have just seen that it posted twice.. odd.. and Ohh thats lovely.. I know what you mean about the job better to be in it for a while before maternity leave

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#18 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

Maris

#19 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

*Honoring

Java November 

Taza Niquole*

Celeste Ashley*

Chai Spencer

Lucifer Richard*

Zen Jasper

Hades Cameron*

Troye Judas

#20 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Girls:

-Aiyanna Paris
-Nany (naw-knee) Elizabeth
-Kerilyse (keh-reh-lease) Brynn
-Orianthi (or-ee-on-thee(soft "th" sound)) Taryn

Boys:

-Javelin Ryder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users