Photo

Jackson v.s John (and some other names, too)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: The Naming Dilemma (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Jackson or John?

1. Jackson (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. John (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nameologist

Nameologist

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:reading ♥ being a doctor ♥ baby names ♥ hanging with my friends ♥ seeing family ♥ vacation ♥ life

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

Okay so we've been thinking of thinking of a few names for Baby #4 and (thanks to Avery) we've come up with the name Jackson. John is my husband's name and also his father's name, so it does run in the family and we'd be thrilled to continue the tradition. We only have on issue, no one can agree on a name. Here are our statuses.

Me: Jackson

John: John (go figure)

Abby: Jackson

Truman: Jackson

Avery: Jackson

So yes, Jackson is the obvious winner. We are taking middle name suggestions as well as first name suggestions. However, if the baby is named John, his middle name will be Wallace.

Please vote in the poll above and post your suggestions in the comments.

All help is appreciated!

Thanks so much - Joni

#2 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:52 PM

I personally like John better over Jackson as I feel Jackson will become a name that is automatically connected with a generation.
However I dislike "recycling" names over and over in a family which makes me prefer Jackson since it means "son of Jack" with Jack being a nickname for John and gives it more meaning to your family.
My vote is for Jackson.

#3 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

What if you did a double middle? Jackson John Wallace? Then you can still carry on the name but you can also have Jackson.

If the double middle is a no-go, then I vote for Jackson as well.

#4 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

Jackson! It is on my top 5 list... I think it is super fun, cute, and handsome easily fitting all age groups. I am not a fan of juniors, personally, but as mentioned above, Jack is similar enough to John that it honors well enogh imo. Good luck!

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

Personally, I like both names, but I think a new name would be more exciting. I think Jackson Wallace would be the way to go, if your husband doesn't mind. I definitely would stay away from using both, though.

#6 Annie S.

Annie S.

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

I think that John sounds best with Abby, Truman, and Avery, though I dont really prefer one name over the other. (If Abby, Truman, and Avery aren't your children, then I think both names are equally good. Im just assuming.)

#7 Nameologist

Nameologist

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:reading ♥ being a doctor ♥ baby names ♥ hanging with my friends ♥ seeing family ♥ vacation ♥ life

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for all your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users