• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PinkTumbleweed85

PinkTumbleweed85

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names (of course!), Writing, Art, Reading, Traveling, Playing Games, Spending Time With Family and Friends, and so much more!

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

Hi everyone, I know I haven't posted in a while because I've been busy, but I was working on my list and was wondering how I found most of my names. My question to you is where did you come across one (or a few) of your favorite names, and how did you know it was the right one? You can do your top two contenders for each gender or more.

My top two are Maya/Maia and Lorenzo. I can't really pinpoint where I found Maya first as I have met no one with that name, but it's been my favorite for several years now. I do know I started seeing the other spelling, "Maia", when the actress Maia Mitchell started becoming more popular and I like it. Lorenzo is a recent find that I really love. I came across the nickname "Enzo" first by reading this book called," The Art of Racing in the Rain," by Garth Stein. I ended up hating the book and didn't even finish it. I did admire the main character though, a loyal dog named Enzo. I loved the name, but Enzo alone didn't quite feel right and didn't flow well with any middle names I liked. So I did some research and Lorenzo gave me the strong longer name that I wanted and the nickname of Enzo.

*Bonus: Another one of my girl names, Rosa, is after Rosa Parks. Louise is because of a T.V. show and one of my former top ten favorites, Priya, was from a book. Three of my boys' names (technically four) came from books. Hector, Alex, Ethan, and technically Tobias, because of the Divergent series. I already liked Toby alone and didn't think much of Tobias until reading Insurgent.
  • Katie-Nana likes this

#2 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

I've loved the name Gale ever since I read it in the Hunger Games. Likewise with Robin on a boy after watching BBC's Robin Hood (this show also sparked my love for the name Will). Oh, and Gray I first liked after it was the name of a main character in a book called Taken. Those are the two that stick out. The rest of my favorites I've found either here on others' lists or on Nameberry. 

• Katie-Nana likes this

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:01 AM

I've loved the name Gale ever since I read it in the Hunger Games. Likewise with Robin on a boy after watching BBC's Robin Hood (this show also sparked my love for the name Will). Oh, and Gray I first liked after it was the name of a main character in a book called Taken. Those are the two that stick out. The rest of my favorites I've found either here on others' lists or on Nameberry. 

I love BBC's Robin Hood :)  I own the whole series on DVD.

A lot of my favorite names stemmed from some sort of popular culture.  Saw it in a show, read it in a book, or saw a name I liked, then looked for something similar and found something I loved so much more. 

#4 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

My fave girls name from hearing if on the game my mr was playing 'kingdom hearts' a character called Kairi [kai-ree] and its been a hit ever sicne although i forgot about it when i was pregnant with my lil rugrat liberty..

Peyton [middle for kairi] is cos of O.T.H. I also like Sawyer lol

#5 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:53 AM

GᗩᗷᖇIEᒪᒪE- ι waѕ waтcнιng ВGC & тнeѕe ѕeт oғ тwιnѕ are naмed Gaвrιelle and Danιelle (Gaвι & Dannι). Ι loved Gaвrιelle ѕιnce тнen and woυld υѕe ιт ғor мy ғιrѕт gιrl.

ᕼᗩYᗪEᑎ- Ι jυѕт caмe acroѕѕ ιт one day & ĸnew Ι wanтed ιт тo вe мy ғιrѕт ѕon'ѕ naмe

ᗷOᑎᑌᔕ (ᗰiᗪᗪᒪe ᑎᗩᗰeᔕ):

(Gᗩᗷᖇieᒪᒪe) ᐯIᑕTOᖇIᗩ ᑭᗩIGE- ι've alwayѕ loved тнe looĸ and ѕoυnd oғ Vιcтorιa. Ιт'ѕ eleganт. Wιтн Paιge, Ι waѕ waтcнιng wreѕтlιng & one oғ тнe dιvaѕ' naмe ιѕ Paιge and Ι ѕтarтed lovιng ιт

(ᕼᗩyᗪeᑎ) ᗪEᗩᑎ- Мy ғavorιтe wreѕтler'ѕ cнaracтer naмe

#6 kaleidoscopeeyes

kaleidoscopeeyes

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

I was pregnant and we had planned on naming it Echo if we had a girl but we weren't feeling any boy names. Ruby Gloom was on and the episode focussed on the poem "The Raven" as one of the characters is Poe the raven. I kept hearing "Nevermore " and thought that would be a great boy name. My husband agreed but said he loved it for a girl too. That is how I discovered my favorite name, it's so her too

#7 PinkTumbleweed85

PinkTumbleweed85

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names (of course!), Writing, Art, Reading, Traveling, Playing Games, Spending Time With Family and Friends, and so much more!

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

I loved hearing all these stories and so many great names! Thank you all for commenting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users