#1 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

I'm really loving both combos :wub: ! Nelly would be the nickname for Chanel. Please give feedback on the names separately, including the nickname Nelly. Also, which spelling of Rain/Raine/Rayne? Which is better, Verity or Mackenzie? Why? Thank you :)

#2 babynamegoddess

babynamegoddess

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

I would go with Chanel Mackenzie Rayne. Chanel itself is an uncommon name, so I think a more common name like Mackenzie would balance it out. The nickname Nelly is super cute! I think Chanel Verity Rayne is pretty, but I have a feeling you will get some pronunciation questions, which will get annoying. Rayne is my favorite spelling of the name, but you go with whatever you want because it's your kid.

#3 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

I like Chanel Mackenzie Rayne best. I think that Chanel Mackenzie has a better flow and sound than Chanel Verity, plus I'm not big on the name Verity. Not a huge fan of the name Chanel either, but that's just personal preference, though Nelly as a nickname is super cute. Rayne is more aesthetic to the eye than Rain and Raine, as far as a baby name, in my opinion of course. Ultimately it's what you like best.

#4 fotiholic

fotiholic

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

I love Chanel Mackenzie. 

Have you considered spelling it "Reign"? I named my little girl Reign.  :D In my mind, that spelling conjures thoughts of her being strong, royal, and independent. 

If you don't like "Reign", then my favorite spelling of the 3 you suggested would be "Rayne". That's a lovely way to spell it. I personally think it'd be good to spell it differently than what falls from the sky, ya know?

I think Nelly or even just Nell is a cute nicname for Chanel.

Hope that helps. Very lovely name choice!

#5 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

I have thought about using the spelling Reign! I really love it :wub: but I was afraid it looks to masculine, wdyt?

#6 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:02 AM

Reign or Rain is fine but anything else is begging for prn issues.  I don't care for Mackenzie or Verity to be brutally honest, so I would just go with Chanel Rain or maybe Chanel Grace Rain/Chanel Rain Grace.  I think Grace pairs very well 

with Chanel.  Nelly is very cute also.

#7 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

I'm sorry but I'm not taking any suggestions for this combo, just need to choose between Verity and Mackenzie. I also really dislike Grace as it is too common

#8 LiteBrite

LiteBrite

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

I love Chanel Mackenzie Rain/Reign

#9 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

First of all, I really like the name Nelly, and I think it helps to make the "stiff" sounding Chanel loosen up, something friends could call her or something. I think Chanel Mackenzie Rain would be my pick, because even though I like Verity a bit better than Mackenzie I think Chanel Mackenzie Rain sounds the most finished, and Rain would definitely be my spelling pick because it brings to mind the pretty nature of rain. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users