Your Thoughts on 5+ Children

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 x_amyangus_x

x_amyangus_x

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:General thiings, music, tv, friends, etc :)

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

Well I think if you can provide everything for your children then why not have 5+ children B) , I personally only wish to have 2 children however if they are both of the same sex then try for a third, I feel as though I wouldnt have the patience to deal with 5+ children as they would probably drive me crazy B) x

#22 Bella619

Bella619

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

I presently have 1 son and am expecting a 2nd child in 3 weeks. One child is a lonely number. Even though it's financially do-able and you can handle 1 child easily, I'd feel bad having my son be the only one. I'd worry about the future, worry about him being alone the day me and his dad are no longer here. So, in my opinion, 2 kids is the perfect number. 3 is really pushing it, but if you really wanted to do it and are financially able, then I'd say 3 kids is the max. More than 3 children is just overkill.

Having children isn't just about money. It's easy to make kids and when you have money, it's easy to buy 'help' too. But you really have to think of the big picture. The state of the world. Your ability to give each child individual attention. Do you have the patience for them? Do you have the energy to help them with school, homework and extra-curricular activities as they age? Are you ready for the worry you'll endure your entire life having 5, 6, 7 or more kids? (Because you do worry for your kids no matter what). That's what you have to think about, can you handle all that having so many children? Even if you have a good support system (mother, father, aunts, uncles, etc....) in the long run we can't expect others to raise our kids. We brought them into the world, it really is OUR responsibility, not our extended family's.

Bringing another human into the world is a BIG responsibility. You need to make them into good people...moral, law-abiding, loving, God-fearing adults who will contribute something to this planet. It's not just about 'money' or having the space for them. If you feel you can handle it, then good luck to you your beautiful large brood. But I personally think it's about quality, not quantity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users