• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ashlynnx

ashlynnx

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

hi everyone, i've been working on choosing the perfect girl name... trouble is i like a ton of names. I have a lot of trouble narrowing down my list..... please help me by critiquing these names. and also suggetsting new ones if you would like. i know it's a lot but i really need help trying to choose the best names possible:

Alyssia

Arie

Ayla

Berlin

Briar

Emberly

Hanley

Ilana

Kellyn

Kira

Roxana

Ryann

Savina

Shyler

Vanna

thanks, ashlynn

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

I marked off my least favorites with a short reason why. I don't mean to be harsh with my comments at all.

Alyssia - hard to pronounce and just not my style

Arie

Ayla

Berlin

Briar

Emberly - sounds dated and very joking

Hanley - trendy and doesn't have much of a history

Ilana

Kellyn - I debated marking this one off, but ended up doing it because of the spelling. Kellen is nice.

Kira

Roxana

Ryann - not sure how to pronounce it?

Savina

Shyler - Is it supposed to by Schuyler? If so, I like it. If not, too made-up for my taste.

Vanna

The rest in ranking:

1. Ilana

2. Briar

3. Ayla

4. Arie

5. Vanna

6. Kira

7. Berlin

8. Savina

#3 Holloway

Holloway

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

Alyssia - I like this one but I think their might be some pronunciation confusion
Arie - This is cute but it makes me think of a store, if there aren't Arie stores near you or you don't mind the association I'd go for it
Ayla - LOVE this one adorable
Berlin -This one feels a little too harsh for a little girl in my opinion
Briar - I think with the right middle name this one would be Perfect it feels like a name that needs something more if you know what I mean
Emberly - I really don't like this one it feels kind of trendy and made up
Hanley - I actually don't mind Hanley, I don't love it and I don't think I'd use it but it's nice
Ilana - This name is beautiful, different but still recognizable.
Kellyn - I like this name but the only time I'd heard it until now it was on boys and spelled Kellen. My brother plans to use it for his son, so it definitely feels more boy to me
Kira - Spunky cute and uncommon but familiar thumbs up from me
Roxana - I've had Roxanne on my list for ages i prefer Roxanna with two n's but still love it
Ryann - this feels like a boy's name to me no matter how its spelled (thats assuming pronunciation is like Ryan)
Savina - This is cool I like it but I think there might be a little Savannah confusion
Shyler - don't really like it sorry it feels like a mix between Shiloh and Skylar to me
Vanna - It's alright I don't think the Vanna White connotation will ever go away though

My ranking from favorite to least favorite 

1. Ilana

2. Ayla

3. Roxana

4. Alyssia

5. Kira

7. Briar

6. Savina

7.Hanley

8.Vanna

9. Kellyn

10. Berlin

11. Emberly

12. Shyler

13. Arie 

14. Ryann

#4 ashlynnx

ashlynnx

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

Thank you all for the opinions. They really helped. Especially the lists and the comments. I will look at this list and rearrange some names and stuff. Question, if a name has questionable pronunciation or spelling (like Alyssia) could I just use it as a middle name? Middle names aren't used that much so why should they be purposely easy to spell and pronounce you know?

#5 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

Alyssia - I think if you want the name then maybe to spell it Alicia / Alycia or Elisia/Elicia
Arie - like aria without the a.. Hmmm - might be more for a middle name spot
Ayla - I do like this it is the unusual spelling of Isla... 
Berlin- not my style and its not a place name i think is nice for a girl.
Briar - i like this but not with the rose as a middle.. ultimately can be a middle name spot also
Emberly- The E version of Amberley no doubt.. Have you thought of Amberlin/Amberlyn
Hanley- Different im guessing hanna and lee smush.. It more of a middle again i think.. 
Ilana - Ilana there is also Iliana both nice names
Kellyn - This is nice.. Also going to suggest Kerren/ Kerryn
Kira - My cousin is called Kyra.. Nice name.. lol 
Roxana- Nice name Roxy as a nn or great middle too
Ryann - Is this RYan with an extra n or is it RHI-ann i think i prefer the Rhii-ann version to ryan i see ryan as a boy only name.
Savina- Different take on savanna
Shyler- this name is one of those names that will never get a popular vote.. its too inbetweeny from skyler and shiloh i say if you like one have it but not the middle not keen on it.. Shiloh i do like.
Vanna- Pretty i like it .. 

I hope i didnt offend xx

#6 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

I like:

Ayla

Ilana

Kira

Roxana

Savina

Vanna

#7 ashlynnx

ashlynnx

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:54 PM

Alyssia - I think if you want the name then maybe to spell it Alicia / Alycia or Elisia/Elicia
Arie - like aria without the a.. Hmmm - might be more for a middle name spot
Ayla - I do like this it is the unusual spelling of Isla... 
Berlin- not my style and its not a place name i think is nice for a girl.
Briar - i like this but not with the rose as a middle.. ultimately can be a middle name spot also
Emberly- The E version of Amberley no doubt.. Have you thought of Amberlin/Amberlyn
Hanley- Different im guessing hanna and lee smush.. It more of a middle again i think.. 
Ilana - Ilana there is also Iliana both nice names
Kellyn - This is nice.. Also going to suggest Kerren/ Kerryn
Kira - My cousin is called Kyra.. Nice name.. lol 
Roxana- Nice name Roxy as a nn or great middle too
Ryann - Is this RYan with an extra n or is it RHI-ann i think i prefer the Rhii-ann version to ryan i see ryan as a boy only name.
Savina- Different take on savanna
Shyler- this name is one of those names that will never get a popular vote.. its too inbetweeny from skyler and shiloh i say if you like one have it but not the middle not keen on it.. Shiloh i do like.
Vanna- Pretty i like it .. 

I hope i didnt offend xx

not offensive at all, thank you for the opinoin and suggestions.

• pinkmonkey23 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users