• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

I recently (just today actually) got liking the name Luther... what do all of you think? It would probably just be a middle name if I were to use it, much like Lincoln that I already have on my list. I guess I am into history names that start with "L"... what a coincidence!!

Also, I like Salem, but others have mentioned the bad association with the name... would it really be THAT bad to use as a middle though???

Thanks, I always appreciate your thoughts! :)

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

I think Luther would best as a middle name, I immediately associate it Lex Luther, and I think a lot of other people would too. Salem is cute, but I also think that it's best as a middle. Salem Luther would be a cute combo though, maybe as a GP lol. Did you want suggestions?
  • Barbie likes this

#3 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Suggestions would be great! Thank you for the Salem Luther suggestion too... soooo cute :)

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

I think Luther would be best as a middle, but it is very nice!

It's funny you should mention Salem, I met a little boy named Salem yesterday and babysat him and his sister today! I love the sound of the name, but the associations are bad enough where I don't think it is usable. A lot of the people who also met Salem (it was at this school event) were discussing his name and the most common comment from both teens & adults was "That is such a scary name!!" The top two associations are usually the Salem witch trials and the brand of cigarettes called Salem. I could see it working well as a middle, like Andrew Salem or Elijah Salem.
  • Barbie likes this

#5 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

I like Luther a lot, not as much as Lincoln, but Lincoln seems to be really trendy right now.

Salem isn't something I would ever consider (because of the association with the witch trials), but I think it has a cool sound to it.

Some suggestions for Luther:

Luther Brock
Luther Isaac
Benjamin Luther
Luther Anders
Luther Ray
Ethan Luther (too much "th?")
Luther Mikael
Luther Klaus
Luther Thomas
Conrad Luther
Abel Luther
Luther Jackson
Benedict Luther
Luther Chadwick
Luther Dash
Luther Finn
Luther Grant
Knox Luther

(sorry if none of these are your style or you have mentioned them before. Usually I go to the OP's profile to get a feel of their style and I use a few other naming sites for inspiration, but I'm using a computer at work and the internet is reallllllly slow and this keyboard is terrible so I am truly just coming up with these from my head!)
  • Barbie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users