• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kassieb11

kassieb11

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Art, History, Kite-Boarding, Kites, Xbox, Video Games, Puzzles, Movies, Reading, Mythology, Animating, Anime, Animals, Names, Cooking.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Yesterday Jeff brought up the name Conrad, I actually like it and the possible nn Rad :) but i was wondering what you guys thought about the name, be completly honest.

We appreciate it <3

#2 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

I'm not really a fan of the name Conrad but the nn Rad is cool.

#3 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm personally not a fan of it, I always think of Hermes Conrad off of Futurama plus it just feels a little clunky to me. Rad would be a cute nickname for it though.

#4 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

I'm not really a fan of the name Conrad but the nn Rad is cool.

Hahaha ok..... this was so punny XD. I love the nickname Rad <3 I don't really like Conrad, but I do like Rad!

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Funny, ill be the different one of these posts ;)

I love Conrad! I had an inward debate between Conrad and Connor, but Mike adores Connor so thats that. I know a bestie of mine suggested it to me a while back though and I instantly liked it! Though i tend to like old fashioned names, so..

however, I dont care for Rad as the nick name. I just feel Conrad is so short that a nick name is uneccesary. I dont know why but it just doesnt click well in my head... Almost as if someone wanting to name their daughter Clara to call her Clare, or Leah to call her Lee. You know? Though the nick name itself is pretty cool ;)

#6 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

I think Conrad is a bit clunky sounding. I agree with Remy, the nickname Rad seems unnecessary to me. If you really like it, you should use it. Maybe you could use it as a middle name?

#7 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

I love it :wub: It's always been a GP of mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users