28 replies to this topic

#21 Dance Dance Revolution

Dance Dance Revolution

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

My name is Danielle Denise aka Danni :) If I was a boy I would have been David Allen.

My brother is David Antonio. If he was a girl he would have been Jade Kathryn. If I had been a boy, he would have been Lorenzo Emilio.

My sister is Destiny Faith. If she had been a boy she would have been Dylan Matthew.

My mom is Nikki Lynn. If she was a boy she would have been Martin Scott.

#22 Amanda Lynn

Amanda Lynn

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, playing name games.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

If I had been a boy I would have been Charles Alan. However, I was a girl so Mom wanted either Kimberly Anne, Stephanie Caitlyn, or Christine Elizabeth. Unfortunately my Mom's cousin named her daughter Kimberly so that was out and Dad vetoed it. They then decided that Christine Elizabeth was too long with our last name being thirteen letters long. Dad just didn't like Stephanie Caitlyn. Mom by then was frusterated and I was a few hours old with no name...so she came up with Mandy after the Barry Mantilow song "Mandy" which she liked. She legthened it to Amanda and remembered the Boston's song "Amanda" which was another plus. Dad loved it. Mom then wanted Amanda Elizabeth, Amanda Christine, Amanda Caitlyn, or Amanda Nicole all of which again Dad said no. Mom then exasperated suggested Amanda Lynn (Lynn being her middle name) and my Dad loved it.

When my brother was born if he had been a girl, he would have been Stephanie Caitlyn. However, he was a boy so he was going to be Charles Alan after our godfather. However, Mom's mom threw a fit about Alan being used as it was our Uncle Mark's middle name. So Mom and Dad changed it to Charles Andrew.

My husband Michael Robert would have been Elizabeth Ann.

Our son would have been Rebecca Lynn had he'd been a girl. I'm glad he was a boy. Our daughter would have been Matthew Robert had she'd been a boy.

#23 tedenlux

tedenlux

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

My parents were convinced that I was a boy and were going to name me either Luke Anthony William or Luke William Anthony. They didn't think of any girl names but mum always liked Jasmine Helena for a girl, however she had a miscarriage before me and said that baby felt like Jasmine.
I was given Ebony Eden. Neither of my parents remember naming me. My great-grandmother was the only one who thought my parents were having a girl and wanted them to name me Cara.
I really dislike Ebony and am in the process of changing my name.

My brother is Tarkwyn Loche, (said like lock) and I can't remember what he would've been if he was a girl.
My other brother is Aaron Matthew and they had no girl names picked out. Aaron was the definite first and they were deciding between Matthew and Michael for his middle name.
My sister is Kira Jordan. Yarra was the top contender if she was a girl and I think they liked River for either gender.

My step-siblings are Michelle, Bree Barbara and Rikki Lee. I don't know what they would have been named if they were the opposite gender.

My mum would have been Shaun if she was a boy and her dad wanted to name her Annamaria, but her mum didn't like it so she ended up with Annemarie.

I don't know what my dad would have been named if he was a girl, but I've been told they were deciding between Yarra and Glen. He ended up with Glenn William.

#24 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

My parents thought I was going to be a boy and my brother (Luke) was going to be a girl. We would have been Eric and Emily.

#25 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

My mom was almost Aurelia September, instead she got Roxanna Dawn (I'm entertained because Roxanna means Dawn). My mom's cousin was almost Ronalda, after he dad Ronald. She got Ronda instead.
There was no doubt that my dad was going to be named after his father, it was just a debate between being a JR or a II. He got to be the second.

#26 fearlessly_enchanted

fearlessly_enchanted

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:I've been naming my children since I was 6. I like the typical things; music, reading, writing, movie marathons, friends & family, shoes, bags, etc.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Sophia or Georgia. She got my actual name, Victoria Rose, from The Young and The Restless when Nicky had her daughter.

#27 fearlessly_enchanted

fearlessly_enchanted

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:I've been naming my children since I was 6. I like the typical things; music, reading, writing, movie marathons, friends & family, shoes, bags, etc.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

If I was a boy I would have been James.

#28 .:alexandra:.

.:alexandra:.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:linguistics, psychology, books, conspiracy theories (within reason), equality, space/astrology, names

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

I was almost named Heather, Alivia, Alana (Uh-Lay-Nuh), or Holly. Instead my name is Alex which is what my name would have been whether I was a boy or a girl. After I was born my mom heard the name Natalia/Talia and wished she had named me that, I wish she had also lol

#29 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

I know Martin would have been Mia had he been a girl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users