• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

I've finally got a few proper combos on my girls list, but they're far from perfect and I'd love some suggestions to make them just right. I'm hoping to use family middle names when I eventually have a baby, but this list is just for fun right now, so while I've included some family names not every combo has one. I also interchange between one and two middles, so suggestions with both are welcomed. Here's what I have!

Celeste Isabella nn Essie (If I remember rightly Isabella is related to Elizabeth which is a family name for me)

Martha Isobel Wren possible nn Mattie (Martha would honour my grandmas who are named Margaret, and Isobel is related to Isabella above)

Poppy Elizabeth (Not loving this combo, would love some suggestions to spice it up a bit)

Evie Samantha (Samantha honours my little sister. I love Evie, but it would be weird if I used it since it's my mum's cat's name, and also my step-cousin named her daughter Evie)

Madeleine Thisbe nn Maisie

Miriam Eloise possible nn Miri

I'd also love to incorporate Jane, Leigh, Veronica or Vera, Pearl, and Pamina in there somewhere, but I don't have any first names I'd love to use with them. Some other first name ideas I have are Gaia, Juno, Josie, Rachel (maybe), and Phoebe. Any suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks in advance :)

Hannah x

#2 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Poppy Elizabeth and Evie Samantha are very nice. I especially love Evie Samantha. Two common-ish names, but in a unique combination. I love it.

Celeste Isabella is also very pretty.

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Isabel is the Spanish variant of Elizabeth, Isabella is the Italian, Isobel is the Scottish, Isabelle is the French. :) I like them all. Evie Samantha is lovely, and I simply adore Miriam Eloise  :wub:

Poppy Veronica / Poppy Vera is nice, so is Poppy Rachel.

I really like Juno & Gaia from your singles, and Rachel as an MN.

#4 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

I love Celeste Isabella and Poppy Elizabeth! Celeste and Isabella are both gorgeous names, and the combination makes them even better. Poppy usually isn't my style, but I think the combination of Poppy Elizabeth is absolutely adorable. I don't think you have to do anything to spice it up. It you'd like to, Poppy Juno Elizabeth would be gorgeous. Juno Elizabeth is actually a name that I have on my list right now.

I love Juno, Gaia, and Phoebe for first names. Juno Veronica would be pretty. I love that both of these names are uncommon, while still being beautiful. And Juno is even better to me because it is a mythological name, which I love. Phoebe Samantha or Phoebe Jane Vera/Phoebe Jane Pamina would also work well.

I'd like to help out with the others because I love your names and I know how frustrating it is trying to put a completed list together; However, I'm falling asleep, so I'll sleep on it and continue this thread tomorrow.

Beautiful names though, Hannah! Great job!

#5 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

Celeste Isabella - Not my style, but I think it's cute, especially with the nickname Essie. It's nice that it has some family sentimentality, too.

Martha Isobel Wren - First, I've never heard Mattie as a nickname for Martha, but I think it's cute. I think the whole name flows really well, though I personally dislike the spelling Isobel. 

Poppy Elizabeth - Another one that I think is sort of cute and flows well, but whenever I hear Poppy I picture it on a house pet rather than a little girl.

Evie Samantha - Evie feels very nickname-y to me, but other than that I like this one as well. You definitely have a good taste for finding combos that work well together.

Madeleine Thisbe - Similar to Martha nn Mattie, I haven't heard Maisie as a nickname for Madeleine, but I think it's adorable. I like this spelling of Madeleine over Madeline, and overall I think this is a pretty combo. Thisbe I haven't really heard a whole lot and am rather indifferent on.

Miriam Eloise - I could see this being super cute on a little girl, and I love the nickname Miri. The fact that it's a not-very-common-now old-style name that you've paired with the lively and cute Eloise and given a cute nickname is great. 

Of your singles, my favorites are Phoebe, Juno, and Rachel for first names and Jane and Leigh for middle names. I myself am unsure whether I want to use Rachel on my list because I have a close friend that has made me fond of the name but I'm not sure I like it otherwise. 

#6 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Celeste Isabella nn Essie - I adore this.  Essie is an adorable nickname and I picture Celeste as someone who is a beautiful, graceful ballerina.  :)

Martha Isobel Wren possible nn Mattie - I really don't like Martha.  I wouldn't have both an Isabella and Isobel in a sib-set, even if they are just middle names.  I'm not a fan of Wren either.

Poppy Elizabeth - I do agree that this combo is a bit plain, and I wouldn't have both an Isabella/Isobel and Elizabeth in a sib-set, even if they are just middle names, since they are related.  Poppy seems more like a nickname for me.  Penelope nickname Poppy?

Evie Samantha - I adore Evie -- as a nickname.  I would much prefer Evelyn, but I think you said in an earlier post you don't love Evelyn...  How about Evelina nickname Evie?  It also makes me picture a ballerina.  But then Evelina and Samantha would clash, so you'd have to use Samantha elsewhere...

Madeleine Thisbe nn Maisie - I know you've told me before how you pronounce Madeleine, but I forgot and I can't find the post.  I prefer the spelling Madeline (pronounced Mad-uh-LINE) or Madelyn (pronounced Mad-uh-LYNN), but despite however it is pronounced, I adore the name in general.  Thisbe is not my style.  Also, I don't really see how you got Maisie from Madeleine, but you can give your child whatever nickname you want.

Miriam Eloise possible nn Miri - Eloise is okay, but Miriam is not my style...  It kind of strikes me as old-ladyish.

Celeste Isabella, Evelina, and Madeleine would be beautiful in a sib-set imo.  :)

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Poppy Elizabeth and Evie Samantha are very nice. I especially love Evie Samantha. Two common-ish names, but in a unique combination. I love it.

Celeste Isabella is also very pretty.

Thank you Ash. Both Poppy Elizabeth and Evie Samantha are growing on me, and I completely adore Celeste Isabella.

Isabel is the Spanish variant of Elizabeth, Isabella is the Italian, Isobel is the Scottish, Isabelle is the French. :) I like them all. Evie Samantha is lovely, and I simply adore Miriam Eloise  :wub:

Poppy Veronica / Poppy Vera is nice, so is Poppy Rachel.

I really like Juno & Gaia from your singles, and Rachel as an MN.

Thanks Addy, I knew they were related somehow :) I like all Isabel variants, but Isobel is my favourite with Isabella a close second. Poppy Veronica is lovely, as is Poppy Rachel.

I love Celeste Isabella and Poppy Elizabeth! Celeste and Isabella are both gorgeous names, and the combination makes them even better. Poppy usually isn't my style, but I think the combination of Poppy Elizabeth is absolutely adorable. I don't think you have to do anything to spice it up. It you'd like to, Poppy Juno Elizabeth would be gorgeous. Juno Elizabeth is actually a name that I have on my list right now.

I love Juno, Gaia, and Phoebe for first names. Juno Veronica would be pretty. I love that both of these names are uncommon, while still being beautiful. And Juno is even better to me because it is a mythological name, which I love. Phoebe Samantha or Phoebe Jane Vera/Phoebe Jane Pamina would also work well.

I'd like to help out with the others because I love your names and I know how frustrating it is trying to put a completed list together; However, I'm falling asleep, so I'll sleep on it and continue this thread tomorrow.

Beautiful names though, Hannah! Great job!

Thank you Lilah. Poppy Juno Elizabeth is gorgeous, it spices the combo up very well! I also like Juno Veronica and Phoebe Samantha.

Celeste Isabella - Not my style, but I think it's cute, especially with the nickname Essie. It's nice that it has some family sentimentality, too.

Martha Isobel Wren - First, I've never heard Mattie as a nickname for Martha, but I think it's cute. I think the whole name flows really well, though I personally dislike the spelling Isobel. 

Poppy Elizabeth - Another one that I think is sort of cute and flows well, but whenever I hear Poppy I picture it on a house pet rather than a little girl.

Evie Samantha - Evie feels very nickname-y to me, but other than that I like this one as well. You definitely have a good taste for finding combos that work well together.

Madeleine Thisbe - Similar to Martha nn Mattie, I haven't heard Maisie as a nickname for Madeleine, but I think it's adorable. I like this spelling of Madeleine over Madeline, and overall I think this is a pretty combo. Thisbe I haven't really heard a whole lot and am rather indifferent on.

Miriam Eloise - I could see this being super cute on a little girl, and I love the nickname Miri. The fact that it's a not-very-common-now old-style name that you've paired with the lively and cute Eloise and given a cute nickname is great. 

Of your singles, my favorites are Phoebe, Juno, and Rachel for first names and Jane and Leigh for middle names. I myself am unsure whether I want to use Rachel on my list because I have a close friend that has made me fond of the name but I'm not sure I like it otherwise. 

Thank you Jenna. I'm also unsure about Rachel, I like it but it's not my favourite, however I do quite like it paired with Katherine.

Celeste Isabella nn Essie - I adore this.  Essie is an adorable nickname and I picture Celeste as someone who is a beautiful, graceful ballerina.   :)

Martha Isobel Wren possible nn Mattie - I really don't like Martha.  I wouldn't have both an Isabella and Isobel in a sib-set, even if they are just middle names.  I'm not a fan of Wren either.

Poppy Elizabeth - I do agree that this combo is a bit plain, and I wouldn't have both an Isabella/Isobel and Elizabeth in a sib-set, even if they are just middle names, since they are related.  Poppy seems more like a nickname for me.  Penelope nickname Poppy?

Evie Samantha - I adore Evie -- as a nickname.  I would much prefer Evelyn, but I think you said in an earlier post you don't love Evelyn...  How about Evelina nickname Evie?  It also makes me picture a ballerina.  But then Evelina and Samantha would clash, so you'd have to use Samantha elsewhere...

Madeleine Thisbe nn Maisie - I know you've told me before how you pronounce Madeleine, but I forgot and I can't find the post.  I prefer the spelling Madeline (pronounced Mad-uh-LINE) or Madelyn (pronounced Mad-uh-LYNN), but despite however it is pronounced, I adore the name in general.  Thisbe is not my style.  Also, I don't really see how you got Maisie from Madeleine, but you can give your child whatever nickname you want.

Miriam Eloise possible nn Miri - Eloise is okay, but Miriam is not my style...  It kind of strikes me as old-ladyish.

Celeste Isabella, Evelina, and Madeleine would be beautiful in a sib-set imo.   :)

Thank you Madi. I wouldn't use Isabella, Isobel, and Elizabeth in a sib set either, I love the names though so I have them all on my list. I have considered Penelope nn Poppy but I much prefer Poppy on it's own, same with Evie, I just don't love any full names for it. I pronounce Madeleine like Madeline, and I would use the nn Maisie from both Madeleine and Thisbe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users