• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Landry Kate

What do you think?!

I like how Landry is pretty uncommon but Kate brings it all together and 'back to reality' so to speak.

Is it too close to 'laundry'?

#2 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

I've always had Landry on my GP list. It is a unisex name, for which I've only seen it on girls', so to speak. I think the combo is really well put together. Such a lovely combo!

#3 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

It is really cute and reminds me of my combo: Locklyn Maisie.
Landry is unique, and Kate is super cute w it!

#4 AspiePridePassion101

AspiePridePassion101

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yes, it does sound almost exactly like "Laundry". and it is a surname. Don't use it! As for Kate, it is nice, but only as a nickname. Her name should be complete-as in Katherine, for instance, or one of Katherine's international variations

#5 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

@AspiePridePassion101 Thanks for your comment, but there are plenty of surnames that are used as names. That's no reason not to use them. And can you explain exactly what makes a name complete? Thanks again!

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

Landry Kate

What do you think?!

I like how Landry is pretty uncommon but Kate brings it all together and 'back to reality' so to speak.

Is it too close to 'laundry'?

Unfortunately, I first thought it said laundry Kate :blush: not sure if everyone else would too, but idk. I don't love Landry, I know a guy with the surname Landry. But thats just me. Sorry!

#7 Sharkie

Sharkie

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Landry Kate is cute but some people might glace and see "laundry"....What about something like, Audrey Kate?

#8 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

I love the name Landry! but I automatically read laundry :(
and Landry Kate is adorable :wub:

#9 AspiePridePassion101

AspiePridePassion101

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

OOH! I'm sorry about that! :unsure: I didn't mean to insult you, or that no surnames should be used as names. Hey, I like some surname names too, such as Riley, Madison, or Tyler. I just mean what the other commenters said: That Landry automatically looks and sounds like "Laundry", which could be teasable as "dirty laundry" I mean, I know people with JUST the surname Landry who get tease, so having it as a first name will be more troublesome...for sure! :( As for Kate, it is pretty but is also a nickname, an incomplete version of a name. I just meant that you should give her a full first and middle name :) Again, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings and hope I haven't done it again with this post :)

#10 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Growing up I had two Landry's on my soccer team (girls). It took me the longest time to figure out why in the world their parents named them "laundry." Ever since then, I just can't seem to like the name. Sorry :(

#11 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

I absolutely love the name Landry! In fact it's on my boys list! I can't decide whether I like it for a girl or boy better,I'm just in love with it! When I first came across it, it was in a baby name book in the girls section, and I have loved it since!!

I think the combo Landry Kate is absolutely gorgeous!! & If you love it, I say go for it!! I feel like every name has teasing potential, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. If kids are going to tease someone they will find a way no matter what!

Good luck and I really hope you stick with this name! I think it's one of the best names I have come across thus far!! :wub:

#12 123doraeme

123doraeme

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Being outside, Running, Working out, hanging with my family, Dancing, Writing, watching movies

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

I think it could be to close, but I feel names are what the person makes it and if they can live up to the name then it doesn't matter what the name is. Just be careful on how they might be treated in school

#13 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

@AspiePridePassion101 I totally understand what you're saying! :) You didn't offend me. I just get sassy...all the time. Whoops. Doesn't exactly read well over the internet. Thanks for your input! TOTALLY appreciate it!

As for everyone else, I totally can see the teasing potential for Landry vs. laundry. I'm not having any kids soon, so I'll have more time to fall more into/out of love with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users