Helpful opinions on my name choices Please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Kristy O._*

Guest_Kristy O._*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hey everyone. I am currently pregnant; my husband and I have decided to wait til birth to find out the gender. We have picked out a boy name and a girl name. The problem is when I tell people what they are I get responces like "are you kidding?!" And "you really should look for something more popular". I am really in love with these names and it shouldn't matter what their opinions are but it's just kinda hurtful to get responces that are so rude! Well anyways the boy name: Xakery Jayden (a different spelling of Zachary and I also love the meaning remembered by God. So to me it's that great meaning with a not so common spelling.) The girl name: Xoelle Aliyah (a different spelling of Zoelle which means one who analyzes the world to find deeper truths.) sorry for such a long post but are these names really that bad?

#2 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

Thing is, they're bound to confuse people, and your kid is going to have to go through life constantly spelling her/his name. Names with really unconventional spellings also tend to come across as trying too hard. Sorry. Zoelle is a plenty unusual name as is; spelling it with an X, in my opinion, seems excessive. As for Zachary, if you're looking for something out of the ordinary, there's the French spelling, Zacharie, as well as the related names Zachariah, Zechariah, and Zacharias. 

That said, if you really love names that start with X, there are several choices that I think would be solid. Here are my suggestions:

Girls

Xandra (shortening of Alexandra, meaning "defender of men")

Xanthe (ZANTH-ee; Greek, meaning "yellow" or "fair-haired")

Xenia (ZEE-neea; Greek, meaning "hospitality")

Xene (ZEE-nee; variant of Xenia)

Ximena (sih MEE na; Spanish, of uncertain origin)

Xiomara (see-oh-MAH ra; Spanish, meaning "famous battle")

Boys

Xavier (meaning: "the new house")

Ximeno (shih MEE no; Spanish, of uncertain origin)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users