Opinions please

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JessiAnne_*

Guest_JessiAnne_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

Just testing out some combos, let me know what you think. Honest opinions please, if they suck tell me they suck. I am not particularly attached to anything yet so brutal honesty is appreciated. :wub:

Siddalee Harper 'Sidda' ? - Having a hard time finding a middle name for this one. Suggestions??
Sidra Fallon 'Sid'
Cecily Harper or Cecily Aurora 'Cess'
Everlee Sage
Willow Sage
Saffron Ailey or Saffron Ainsley
Zinnia Rowan
Bryony Harper
Aurora Sage or Aurora Phoenix
Phoenix Aurora
Rowan Ainsley or Rowan Isis
Arista Harper
Finley Aurora

See what else you can come up with using my list:

Ailey, Ainsley, Arista, Arwen, Aura, Aurora, Avalon, Azalea, Brinley, Bronte, Bronwyn, Bryony, Cecily, Everlee, Fallon, Finley, Geneva, Harlow, Harper, Isis, Keeley, Lyra, Lyric, Meadow, Phoenix, Roma, Rowan, Saffron, Sage, Sidda, Siddalee, Sidra, Sloane, Talia, Tierney, Waverly, Willow, Zahara, Zaylie, Zinnia, Zola

Any others you can suggest that are similar in style?

#2 Guest_erowyn_*

Guest_erowyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

Siddalee Harper 'Sidda' ? - i think harper works just fine, although i think looking at it like this Siddalee is too long, id go with Sidda Harper and call her Sid, what about also Sidda Fallon.. i like that
Sidra Fallon 'Sid' - im not sure if there is an actually character named this but Sidra draws me into the XMen cartoon series for some reason
Cecily Harper or Cecily Aurora 'Cess' - i dont like cecily
Everlee Sage - i prefer the Everly spelling of this but i love sage! (its my best friends daughters name)
Willow Sage - i like willow but i dont think it goes well with Quinlan...
Saffron Ailey or Saffron Ainsley - love both mns... not a fan of Saffron, makes me think of the spice
Zinnia Rowan - isnt Zinnia a flower? again love the mn not the first
Bryony Harper - I like this name but what would you call her??
Aurora Sage or Aurora Phoenix - i think both of these need to be switched. i love the name Aurora but it always strikes me as a mn not a first
Phoenix Aurora - This ones good and i think it goes well with Quinlan
Rowan Ainsley or Rowan Isis - Isis is better for me but i like this one a lot
Arista Harper - i dont like this fn at all
Finley Aurora- Fin and Quin? i like finley, even like it for a girl i just dont think it goes well for your girl lol

Brinley Willow
Tierney Lyric
Everlee Harper
Waverly Isis
Keeley Meadow
Arwen Avalon
Phoenix Sloane
Fallon Ailey
Brinley Sage
Rowan Harlow
Avalon Sage
Ainsley Lyric

Adding Talia Fallon too!

#3 Guest_JessiAnne_*

Guest_JessiAnne_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:18 PM

Fin and Quin? i like finley, even like it for a girl i just dont think it goes well for your girl lol

LOL! I knew I took it off my boys list for a reason. I am just so desperate for girls name.

I am having the same issue with Siddalee being too long. There is something about the sound that I really like but it does feel off. I am really liking Cecily though, it has the same sound but only more compact. What is it about it you don't like? Maybe another spelling? Phoenix Aurora is up there for me too at the moment and Talia is really cute. I am so indecisive.

I really like Aurora and Isis as middle names. They both come from mythology like Aries. Actually Isis Aurora is pretty.

I like Brinley Sage, Rowan Harlow and Avalon Sage a lot from the ones you listed. I think I'll make a list tonight to give to Ryan in the morning and see which ones he is going to X out before I get too crazy.

#4 Guest_erowyn_*

Guest_erowyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

LOL! I knew I took it off my boys list for a reason. I am just so desperate for girls name.

I am having the same issue with Siddalee being too long. There is something about the sound that I really like but it does feel off. I am really liking Cecily though, it has the same sound but only more compact. What is it about it you don't like? Maybe another spelling? Phoenix Aurora is up there for me too at the moment and Talia is really cute. I am so indecisive.

I really like Aurora and Isis as middle names. They both come from mythology like Aries. Actually Isis Aurora is pretty.

I like Brinley Sage, Rowan Harlow and Avalon Sage a lot from the ones you listed. I think I'll make a list tonight to give to Ryan in the morning and see which ones he is going to X out before I get too crazy.

i think with Cecily i just immediately go to sicily in italy, maybe im not prn it right or something but thats just where the look of it draws me to. so maybe another spelling i might like more. i do like isis aurora too, i dunno why i just always see aurora as a middle name, i think because its gaining popularity lately so i wanna push it back a little lol but i really think that Phoenix Aurora or Phoenix Isis kinda follows a pattern when paired with Quinlan Aries so i think thats pretty cool. Let us know what Ryan says!

#5 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:44 AM

I don't care for the name Cecily because I live beside the township of Cecil and it's not a nice neighborhood. So that's what I always think of

#6 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

I like:
Cecily Aurora
Aurora Isis
Isis Aurora
Willow Sage
Isis Briony - prefer this spelling
Willow Briony
Rowan Isis
Ainsley Harper
Harper Ainsley

Siddalee Harper 'Sidda' ? - Having a hard time finding a middle name for this one. Suggestions??
Sidalee doesn't look as long. Sidalee Aurora? Sidalee Aura?

Others you might like:
Isla
Ivy
Dahlia
Aurelia
Cassia
Sonora
Eden
Eve
Gemma
Lilia
Sadie

#7 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

I love Isis!! I thought I was the only one. It's on my name list, along with Ivy (which was suggested in the previous post) I think they are both amazing names and go well with your son.

Isis Aurora
Isis Eve
Isis Willow
Isis Juliet
Isis Phoenix
Isis Raven
Isis Trinity

Ivy Aurora
Ivy Jade
Ivy Juliet
Ivy Sarai (Sur-eye)

All of those combinations sound great to me; I love all of them. The ones in bold are from my list.

I hope this helped

#8 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

Siddalee Harper 'Sidda' ? - Again, I just like Sidda or Sidda Lee as two separate names....Sidda Bryony is actually kind of pretty...as is Sidda Bronwyn. If you must go with Siddalee, Siddalee Harlow works better than Harper, although they both seem like last names to me. Your other names don't work well with Siddalee at all. You need something short, like Siddalee Jo or Siddalee Fay....I would still go with just Sidda. Sidda Faye is nice....
Sidra Fallon 'Sid'--I really dislike Sidra. It sounds like a disease to me. Fallon makes me think of Jimmy Fallon, so I don't like either of these.
Cecily Harper or Cecily Aurora 'Cess'--Cecily isn't one of my fave names....but both combos work okay. Harper Cecily flows better...
Everlee Sage--I dislike Everlee but this combo works better than your others so far.
Willow Sage--It's really corny to use two 'earthy' names together. I like both separately, not together. Do you like Winter at all?
Saffron Ailey or Saffron Ainsley--It's so-so. I like that it's different...Saffron Ailey would be my choice, as the n and s sounds in the second get overwhelming
Zinnia Rowan--Okay, I'm not a fan of either name, but they work together remarkably well. Again though...I find it corny to do two earthy names
Bryony Harper--This is your best first name by far for me. Harper is eh....Bryony Sage is lovely.
Aurora Sage or Aurora Phoenix--I love Aurora, and Aurora Sage is nice. Aurora Phoenix isn't half-bad either.
Phoenix Aurora--I like this switched around a lot better
Rowan Ainsley or Rowan Isis--I dislike Rowan, it's a boy's name to me. So...neither.
Arista Harper--I really like Arista, it's spunky and uncommon. I dislike it with Harper though. Arista Bronwyn, Arista Everlee, Arista Sage would all be better.
Finley Aurora--Finley is a boy's name and yeah, it would be too rhymy with your son's name.

My faves so far would be:
Bryony Sage
Arista Bronwyn (or Bronwyn Arista)
Aurora Sage

Other suggestions:
Sloane Everlee
Tierney Sloane
Meadow Talia
Lyra Sloane
Lyra Bronwyn
Bronwyn Willow

Some other names you might like:
Zoya
Valeska
Elke
Tassel
Fauna
Runa
Tatia
Laurel
Briar
Sola
Hyacinth
Aster

#9 Guest_JessiAnne_*

Guest_JessiAnne_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Ryan and I had a brief discussion about names this morning before he left for work. I mentioned Isis and he said it sounded like someone has a cyst in their eye hmm.. guess that one is out. When I said Cecily he said is in Italy? Though I don't think he completley hated it and I kind of like the spelling Sicily, like the region in Italy but that changes the way it is said slightly. He likes Aurora but I still think of lions roaring and I don't like Rory at all. I know he likes Rowan and Willow too from previous conversations. He really isn't much help though. He would be happy if I did all the picking and he just eliminated the ones he hates. It would be nice if he contributed to the naming process some. I put the list in his pocket to review, hopefully he will have some more concreate thoughts when he gets home.

Right now I am thinking that Siddalee is sounding more like a fictional charcater, that it is less than practical and Sidda and Sidra on their own just aren't working for me. There is something about Siddalee that I really like though and Cecily, Sicily and Isis seem to follow that feeling. I came across Selah today See-la. I kind of like that and I like the suggestion of Isla eye-la but Ryan will probably say something about eyes. Sadie is kind of cute is there something it can be short for? What do you think of Maddox for a girl? It's what I would have used for a boy. Does it work for a girl? Maddox and Maddy for short?

#10 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

Siddalee Harper 'Sidda' ? - Hm, I don't think Harper is the right name for this one.
Sidra Fallon 'Sid'- I think this name is gorgeous.
Cecily Harper or Cecily Aurora- Cecily Aurora is pretty, I don't like Cecily Harper though.
Everlee Sage- Needs a different middle name, Everlee Harper might actually work here.
Willow Sage- I like this, very nature-y.
Saffron Ailey or Saffron Ainsley- Saffron Ailey gets my vote :wub:
Zinnia Rowan- Don't really like Zinnia, but love love love Rowan.
Bryony Harper- I dislike Bryony a LOT! Harper is still cute.
Aurora Sage or Aurora Phoenix- Both names are very pretty(:
Phoenix Aurora- I like it's reversal better.
Rowan Ainsley or Rowan Isis- Rowan Isis is very unique and cool, I also like Rowan Ainsley, just not as much.
Arista Harper- Don't like.
Finley Aurora- Would be really cute if not for the 'Fin & Quin' thing.

My Suggestions:

Geneva Fallon is a beautiful name in my opinion, I love Geneva and I think Fallon just adds the right amount of spunk to the name.
Talia Harper
Sloane Tierney
Sidra Rowan/ Harper/ Meadow
Aurora Sloane
Keeley Avalon
Roma Avalon
Rowan Avalon.

#11 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

I love the nn. Maddy and think that Maddox is a cute alternative to Madison!

Fns with the nn. Sadie

Sada
Sadah
Sadrah
Sadiyah
Sadiki

Hope these help!

#12 Guest_JessiAnne_*

Guest_JessiAnne_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

Thank you Tori, I like Sada quite a bit.

Hannah, Geneva Fallon is beautiful but I'd probably end up calling her Gen :wub: Talia Harper is really cute.

#13 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

I agree about Siddalee sounding like a fictional character. It appeals to me in theory but it isn't practical. I LOVE Cecily and MUCH prefer it to Sicily. Do you like Cecilia? Too bad about Isis because I think it works well with Aries. I like Selah, I believe it's Biblical but I say it more like Say-la rather than See-la. I prefer Sadie on it's own but I know a little girl named Sarah nn Sadie, but I am guessing Sarah is not your style. I don't care much for Sada. Maddox is not my style at all. I don't despise the way it sounds but visually I see mad ox. I don't care for it on either sex but I would much rather see it on a boy as opposed to a girl. It has no feminine appeal whatsoever for me. My favorites are: Cecily, Selah, Sadie, Talia, Briony, Harper, Aurora & Willow.

#14 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

By the way, Siddalee IS a fictional character. It's one of the main characters from The Divine Sisters of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I never read the book, but my mom did and she made me watch the movie with her....

#15 Guest_JessiAnne_*

Guest_JessiAnne_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

By the way, Siddalee IS a fictional character. It's one of the main characters from The Divine Sisters of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I never read the book, but my mom did and she made me watch the movie with her....

Ahhhh...I knew it existed somewhere. I think I saw that movie years ago. Anyways Ryan doesn't like any of my Sid names :wub: . I still really like it but it is quite a mouthful.

#16 Lirit

Lirit

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

I like:

Cecily Aurora 'Cess'
Cecily Harper
Zinnia
Bryony
Aurora
Isis

Might I suggest:

Aurora Bryony (or vise versa)
Zinnia Isis
Talia Isis
Ainsley Fallon
Ailsa Willow
Zosia Willow

#17 Guest_JessiAnne_*

Guest_JessiAnne_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

So Ryan butchered my list. He likes Aurora, Willow, Phoenix, Rowan and Harlow. He said Ainsley sounds like anus :wub: Isis - eye cyst and apparently he gets sea lions from Selah?? (whatever) He doesn't like any of the others including Cecily which made me sad because I was really liking that one. Early on we decided on Aurora but I started having second thoughts and I told him that and than today he says, "why are we talking about names again? I thought we already decided on Aurora?" Men! Anyways I refuse to use Harlow as a first name because of Nicole Richie and if we ever have another boy I am using Maddox and two celeb baby names is too much for me. I am kind of iffy about Rowan for the same reasons. Maybe I should just stick with Aurora? I kind of feel like if I just randomly pick something else at this stage in my pregnancy that I will regret it later on. I really do like Aurora, it is Rory that I am not feeling, it makes me think of lions roaring. Someone in another post mentioned that they named their daughter Ariella because she was born under Leo and the meaning of Ariella involves lions and my baby will be born under Leo and Aurora makes me think of lions, maybe it isn't such a bad connection afterall, kind of symbolic?... What about Aurora *Aura*? Quinlan and Aurora? Quin & Aura?

#18 Guest_JessiAnne_*

Guest_JessiAnne_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

Zosia Willow

How do you say Zosia?? It looks pretty.

#19 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Quinlan and Aurora? Quin & Aura?

I love that...

#20 Guest_~*Jacey*~_*

Guest_~*Jacey*~_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

I like your list of names, the only one I don't is Siddalee it looks too trenidee IMO
maybe a different spelling?

Sidalee
Sidaley
Sidaleigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users