• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohčme each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

I'm a little bored... so here's a new thread. Old fashion names seem to be making a comeback. What are some of your favorites?

#2 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohčme each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

My favorite old fashion names are:
Girls
Abigail
Bethany
Charlotte
Elizabeth
Felicity
Hannah
Isobel
Joanna
Juliana
Katherine
Liliana
Madeleine
Olivia
Rebecca
Sarah
Sabrina
Tabitha
Vivian

#3 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:55 PM

My favorite old fashion names for boys are:

Alexander
Alistair
Adrian
Asher
Brian (it's my husband's name, so I'm a bit biased :) )
Benjamin
Beauregard
Charles
Cedric
Daniel
David
Ethan (yes, it's something old that's become new again)
Edmund
Eamon
Frederick
Gabriel
Henry (my personal favorite)
Ian
James
Jonathan
Jacob
Julian
Joshua
Lawrence
Leander
Michael/Micheil (the latter is the Scottish Gaelic spelling)
Nathaniel
Oscar
Oliver
Owen
Peter
Paul
Robert
Roderick
Seth
Silas
Seán
Thaddeus (nn Tadd)
Theodore (nn Teddy)
Ulysses
William

#4 Becky

Becky

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Being a mommy to Aria and Lucia (and soon our little Cara)!!!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:05 PM

Girls:
Abigial
Elisabeth
Jane
Catherine
Helen
Amelia
Grace

Boys:
Jonathan
Zachary
James
Daniel
Matthew
Caleb
Andrew

#5 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

Ooo... Amelia is very pretty! I'll have to add that to my ever growing list!

#6 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

I actually have some pages full in my writing notebooks of names that I love that are considered "old-fashioned" so this will be fun! Awesome ideas for a thread, Cait! Here's my list for girls:

Adelaide
Agatha
Arabella
Augusta
Bethany
Camille
Clementine
Daphne
Edith
Eleanor
Eloise
Emmeline
Estelle
Evangeline
Evelyn
Genevieve
Helena
Isobel
Josephine
Katherine nn Kate
Melinda
Mimi
Regina
Sabrina
Simone
Violet
Virginia
Vivian

I forgot how much I loved some of these, actually! I absolutely adore Bethany, Eleanor, Evangeline, Helena and Mimi. I might have to redo some of my favorite names on my profile for the thousandth time :)

#7 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

And here are my choices for boys!

Alastair
Asher nn Ash
Cedric
Cyrus
Dorian
Elliot
Emmett
Jacob nn Jake
Jasper
Jonas
Joshua nn Josh -- this one's for my husband, of course :)
Julian
Leander
Miles
Neville
Oliver
Percival nn Percy
Russell
Tobias
Vincent
Warren

Again, some of these names I forgot all about. My favorite is obviously Jacob because I love Jake so much, but besides that I really adore Asher, Cedric, Emmett, Jasper, Jonas and Percival :D

#8 Bia

Bia

Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

My favorite type of names is old-fashioned!

Girls
Amelia
Eden (I don't know if that's considered "old-fashioned" but it's an old name!)
Audrey
Sophia
Evangeline
Cecily
Lorraine
Adelaide
Charlotte
Camille
Ada
Aurelia
Corinne
Eliza
Gwendolyn
Lucia
Lucinda
Miriam
Phoebe
Simone
Vada

Boys
Alastair
Braxton
Cedric
Conrad
Cyrus
Elias
Emmett
Evander
Ezra
Griffin
Jasper
Julian
Leander
Silas
Tobias
Vincent

#9 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

Mm.
I love 'old-fashioned' names!

Annie
Amelie
Ariella
Audrey
Beatrice
Beth
Celeste
Corinne
Catherine
Dahlia
Evangeline
Elisabeth
Eliza
Emmeline
Georgiana
Grace
Genevieve
Helena
Iris
Isobel
Ivy
Imogen
Juliet
Julianne
Kathleen
Mae
Madeleine
Margaret
Meredith
Norah
Olive
Ophelia
Opal
Penelope
Phoebe
Rose
Scarlett
Sophie
Teresa
Vivienne
Violet
Viola
Willa

August
Bennett
Cedric
Dexter
Ezra
Ezekiel
Elias
Everett
Gideon
Henry
Isaac
Jasper
Josiah
Leonardo
Nolan
Patrick
Quentin
Simon
Tobias
Theodore
Tristan
Warren
Wyatt

#10 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

Ada
Annie
Beth
Cecelia *CC*
Charlotte *Charlie*
Corinne
Evangeline *Evie*
Genevieve
Georgiana *Georgi*
Grace
Gwendolyn *Gwen*
Imogen *Ginny*
Isadora *Izzy*
Jemima *Maya*
Juliana *Juli*
Lilah
Liliana *Lili*
Lorraine
Lucia *Luci*
Lydia
Margaret *Maggie*
Matilda *Mattie/Tilly*
Naomi
Norah
Scarlett *Carly*
Simone *Simi*
Sylvia *Sylvie*
Willa
Vada

Abram *Abe*
Alexander *Lex*
Asher *Ash*
August *Augie*
Bennett *Ben*
Caleb
Charles *Charlie*
Cullen
Elliot *Leo*
Emmett
Everett *Rhett*
Ezekiel *Zeke*
Gabriel *Gabe*
Gideon
Graham
Griffin *Finn*
Hayes
Henry
Ian
Isaac
Jacob *Coby*
Jasper *Jazz*
Jonah
Joshua *Josh*
Lyle
Matthew *Hewie*
Miles
Nolan
Oliver *Ollie*
Oscar *Ozzie*
Owen
Pierce
Silas
Simon
Theodore *Teddy*
Titus *Ty*
Tristan
Tobias *Toby*
William *Will*

#11 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

Agnes nn Aggie
Adele
Adair
Camille
Celeste
Charlotte
Cordelia
Edie (dim. Edith)
Eloise
Eliza
Esme
Faye
Gail/Gayle (NOT Abigail)
Georgiana
Helena
Henrietta
Ivy
Iris
Josephine
Juliann(e)
Margaret
Matilda
Patience
Phoebe
Ruth
Winifred

Abram
Alistair
August
Avery
Axel
Caspian/Casper
Christopher (just Christopher)
Doyle
Elias
Elliot
Eller
Ferris
Geoffrey nn Geoff
Harrison
Henry
Jasper
Jude
Julian
Oliver nn Ollie
Nathaniel nn Nathan
Reid
Sebastian
Silas
Thomas nn Thom
Thaddeus nn Thad
Whitman nn Whit
Wiley
Windle/Windham
Wisdom
Worth

#12 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

Abigail, Adelaide, Alice, Aurelia, Althea, Arabella, Agnes, Adele, Agatha, Amalia, Bryony, Beryl, Constance, Clementine, Cordelia, Edith, Eleanor, Elsie, Estelle, Emmaline, Evangeline, Eloise, Garnet, Honora, Helene, Iona, Iris, Imogene, Josephine, Lily, Luella, Lucinda, Lenora,
Matilda, Mina, Minerva, Millicent, Magnolia, Odessa, Olive, Olivia, Ophelia, Octavia, Pheobe, Philomena, Philippa, Prudence, Penelope, Persephone, Rowena, Ruby, Thora, Ursa, Viola, Violet, Vada, Verona, Verity, Vivienne, Winnifred, Zella

Abram, Asher, Carson, Cassius, Cornelius, Dexter, Dante, Edward, Ezra, Ephraim, Elias, Edmund, Eben, Emerson, Emory, Enoch, Ellis, Felix, Finley, Gideon, Jasper, Julian, Jude, James, Lyle, Llewellyn, Leander, Lucien, Martin, Miles, McKinley, Merrill, Merritt, Oliver, Owen, Osborne, Tobias, Thaddeus, Wylie, Watson, Wyatt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users