Please help decide baby name

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Daniel_*

Guest_Daniel_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

My wife and I are expecting a baby boy within the next month. We've been going back and forth with names as most couples do. We have semi-decided on the full name but there's a disagreement on what he should go by. Please give me your honest opinion and if the name as a whole sounds bad, please let me know that too.

We are thinking of naming him Hartzell Henry. Our last name is Harper. So his name would be Hartzell Henry Harper. Hartzell is a family name on her side. She would like him to go by Hart and I would like him to use his middle name and go by Henry. What do you think and if you have any suggestions, please let me hear them...........

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

I think both Hart & Henry are great options. However, I think that Henry Harper sounds a bit nicer than Hart Harper which sounds a tad bit repetitive.

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

I think they are both great names, but I agree that Henry Harper sounds much better than Hart Harper. The name as a whole is a bit "H" heavy, but it's not awful.

I'm not a fan of Hartzell, I find it too similar to pretzel, but It's not awful. Can I make some suggestions?
Hartford
Hartman
Hartley
Hartigan
Harrington

But I'm pretty sure Hart is a legitimate nickname for Henry as well. I know a Henry who goes by Hart, and have heard of a few others. It's sort of like Henry nn Hank, haha I don't know how they got there but they did. Henry nn Hart is very nice :)

#4 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

This is just me... I find it too H heavy. I have never head of Hartzell. I don't find it unattractive just very unfamiliar. Henry Harper is much easier to say. If for some reason you really are stuck on Hartzell I would go with Zell Harper. I find it easy to say and sorta interesting. I actually find Henry Zell Harper pretty interesting and I like the HZH initials.

Sorry... Hope that helps a little!

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think both Hart & Henry are great options. However, I think that Henry Harper sounds a bit nicer than Hart Harper which sounds a tad bit repetitive.

I agree here. Henry Harper sounds much better than Hart Harper :)

#6 Cupcakes&Unicorns

Cupcakes&Unicorns

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

I'm with everyone else, Henry Harper is more appealing to the ear than Hart Harper.

Why not just name him Henry Hartzell Harper? That way he can go by Henry and not worry about the confusion of explaining to everyone that Henry was his middle name, and Hartzell is still in his name. Sounds like a win win to me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users