11 replies to this topic

#1 Mikaela Lewis

Mikaela Lewis

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Okay so the boyfriend and I have recently come across the name Vera, and we absolutely love it! :wub: I love the fact that if thats the name we choose that she won't be in a classroom with 5 other little Vera's.

What I'm worried about is that if it were in fact a girl and we did choose this name, what her opinion of it would be. So I would love opinions on what you thought of this name and also if it were your name would you love it or hate it?

Another thing is that the last name would be Vaughan. So how do you think Vera Vaughan sounds? I personally thought that it flowed very nicely and I love the way that it sounds and so does my boyfriend. So what do you all think? Thanks! :D

#2 Guest_The High Heel Girl_*

Guest_The High Heel Girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

I don't really like it. :(

#3 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

I'm not sure if I would want to be named Vera but I like it. Vera Vaughan is a little much but not bad. Use it if you love it!

#4 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I love the name Vera. It's been on my list before - it still is. It's a bit different and I think it's really pretty :)

#5 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Vera!!! :wub:

#6 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

I love the name Vera! Only problem is, I just google'd the name Vera Vaughan (as I do with every name on here before I reply) and I found that Vera Vaughn is the name of a..uhhmm, not someone you want your child to be associated with kind of "star."

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I love the name Vera! Only problem is, I just google'd the name Vera Vaughan (as I do with every name on here before I reply) and I found that Vera Vaughn is the name of a..uhhmm, not someone you want your child to be associated with kind of "star."

Mmm, I mean I guess maybe you can put a good association to the name. Heck I'd have never known unless I googled - which I doubt most people would. But still, its good to keep in mind.

I really like Vera as a name though! Its very sweet :) You could do a double first name maybe, if you'd like? Vera-Jane Vaughn? Maybe something like that?

#8 Mikaela Lewis

Mikaela Lewis

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Thanks everyone for opinions!

Addy: I had no idea about that! I guess I should have looked up the name sooner. It does bum me out a bit, but then again not too much because I have fallen in love with the name! (:

Remy: I do absolutely love Vera- Jane Vaughan! (: Vera- Jane sounds sweet and classy to me. So far the only name we actually loved was Vera Elisabeth Vaughan. But Vera- Jane is definitely a new contender!

#9 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, I just thought I'd let you know. I wouldn't have known unless I google'd it :) Vera is beautiful. I like Remy's suggestion of a double name. What about Vera Katherine Vaughan "Vera-Kate"?

#10 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Vera-Grace
Vera-Joy
Vera-Mae

I think it is classic and love it!

#11 Mikaela Lewis

Mikaela Lewis

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Addy: Vera Katherine is also beautiful! I love the long middle names next to Vera (though I think I prefer Kathryn). I'm not so sure about Vera Kate though :/ Kate isn't really my style!

#12 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Vera Katherine (or Kathryn) is very lovely! I adore the name Vera. I don't usually like such short names for girls, but Vera is really sweet. A girl in my graduating class had a daughter after graduation and she named her Vera. I think it's adorable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users