• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LJB

LJB

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hi there :wub: I am currently pregnant with our third baby and will be finding out the gender in a month. We have our boy name picked out but are still up in the air about a girl name and was wondering if I could get some opinions on our short list of girl names. The middle name would be Catherine after my husbands great aunt (more like a grandma) who helped raise him. Our other kids names are Mason David and Ella Violet. Thanks in advance for taking the time :)

1) Avalie Catherine (alternate spellings are Avalee or Avaleigh) - Pronounced AVA-LEE
2) Chelsea (or Chelsie) Catherine
3) Hailey Catherine

#2 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

Avalie Catherine

#3 thirdandfinal

thirdandfinal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, reading, movies, camping, family time.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

I think Chelsea Catherine goes best with your other kids' names.

#4 LJB

LJB

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Thank you so much for your replies :wub:

#5 Adasyn

Adasyn

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my family, friends & boyfriend, Reading, Listening to music, playing the piano, writing, shopping and.... laughing. lol.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

I like Avalie Catherine the best. It's a really cute name. lol.

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

Aww, Mason David and Ella Violet are beautiful names! :)

I love the name Catherine (Katherine/Kate in my number one name of all! <3), and it's so sweet of you to honor her in the kiddo's name! Family names are always so nice :P

I love the name Ava, though I don't care for Avalie. When I say it out loud, it sounds a tad awkward. I like Avalon, though it's more of a guilty pleasure for me personally. But just Ava Catherine would be absolutely precious!!! I love it! <3

Chelsea is a pretty name ;) Underused and beautiful, though a bit dated. It's not my style personally, but it certainly is a fine name! <3 Chelsea Catherine sounds nice <3

And Hailey Catherine is beautiful! I love Hailey! Though I don't think I could use it because of how popular all the Hailey/Haylee/Haley/Hayleigh/Hailie/Hailee/etc, Bailey, Kailey, etc all are! :wub: If popularity is not an issue to you, this is a gorgeous name!

Mason, Ella and Ava/Avalie sound nice together, and has to be my favorite! (Though I'd adore Mason, Ella, and Ava :P ). And Mason, Ella, and Hailey would be my second favorite. Though Mason, Ella and Chelsea certainly do sound gorgeous!

I hope this helps! :P

#7 LJB

LJB

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

Thank you so much for such a wonderful reply! I really do like the name Ava but I have a bunch of friends who recently named their baby girls that and really don't want to use it too. I think Hailey is really pretty but thought the same thing with it being super popular. If I LOVE a name I'm not not going to use it because it's popular (I think Ella has become pretty popular over the last few years but I loved it since before I met my hubby so it was never an option not to use it) but I'd prefer something a little uncommon or unpopular. I like my names to be a little different but not crazy. So I'm still looking .. I've added Analie/Analee/Analeigh, Lianna (DH doesn't like) and Elaina to the list now ... any thoughts?

#8 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

Looove all three names <3
My favorite would have to be Avalie, because its unique and gorgeous! Avalie Chelsea would be cute too :wub: Unless you wanted to keep Chelsea, to use on a future daughter... Avalie Lianna is pretty! Though you would have to work on your husband and get him to agree to it first :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users