2 replies to this topic

#1 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

I'm going back to revamp an old story idea and have decided to re-do my main character's first names. I'll give you a short description of each and what their names used to be, and any suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated.

main characters

1. ______ Forrester - His name was Sage, but I've decided I don't like it anymore, especially with his last name being nature-related. He's about sixteen, a talented artist who wants to be an illustrator. He's the only child of a single mother (current name Emma O'Neil, though I might change her first name) and his father, Jack Forrester, is a notorious mob boss. He just wants a normal life, but he gets these painful visions of future events accompanied by crippling headaches.

2. _______ _____ - Previous first names were Arden and Ethan, and his last name was Shepherd. I've decided to ditch his name altogether because Shepherd is nature-related also and with Forrester being the other main character's last name I don't want it to be cheesy. He's somewhere between 16 and 18 in age, and when he was 14-16 there was a freak accident that killed his parents and brother (brother's name is currently Warren but can be changed if it clashes with his new name). This character now lives on the streets, jumping between towns/cities and stealing what he needs to survive.

other characters

3. Eliza Lee/Eliza Jane ____ - I'm debating on her name right now--currently she doesn't have a last name but I can figure that out. I want her to have two first names (not hyphenated) that she goes by, but I'm not totally sold on this one yet. I'm leaning towards Eliza Jane at the moment... what do you guys think? Anyway, she's a teenage girl who has a "power," like the first character, but in her case she can tell the history of a person or object by touching it.

4. Memphis "Mem" _____ - I'm really debating this name too. Mem is a male character, teenage, fairly quiet, observant, and incredibly intelligent. He doesn't speak unless he has a purpose in saying something, otherwise he just sits back and watches things around him. I haven't decided yet how he fits into the story but I know I want him as a character, I'm just not sure about his name. I like it, but I'm just not sure I see it "fitting." I'm brainstorming naming him Andrew or something similar. I just don't know.

WHAT I NEED

- my first character's name. I want it to be somewhat uncommon like Sage, I think, but I'm up for anything.

- my second character's name. I want it to be more common for his age group than the first character's name. I want something very similar to Ethan, because I really like it but it just doesn't quite work for me.

- feedback/suggestions for my female character's name. As mentioned above, I want a double first name and may or may not be keeping Eliza Jane.

- feedback/suggestions for my last character's name.  I'm thinking I want a more common name, like Andrew, if I do ditch Memphis. Although Paxton "Pax" also came to mind and I'm starting to really like it.

-last name suggestions would be helpful but are not necessary. those are easier to find and decide on my own than first names.

Thanks in advance! I could really use the help, I get so picky and indecisive with character names.

edit;; I found the name Webster and am starting to like it with the nickname Web/Webb. Do you guys think it would fit any of my characters?

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:45 PM

I love Eliza Jane! Sounds great.

For the last character, I do agree that a simpler name might be better. I think Andrew would be perfect. Preston would also. You could make Memphis his last name, or Paxton. Andrew Paxton could use the nn Pax.

I think Warren and Webster would be a really good sibset. 

For your MC (or maybe even #2):

Esau Forrester

Nash Forrester

Pacey Forrester

Wesley Forrester

Liam Forrester

Bronson Forrester

Luca Forrester

Reagan Forrester

Nico Forrester

Hiram Forrester

Galen Forrester

Casey Forrester

Sagi Forrester

Reece Forrester

Titus Forrester

Kenan Forrester

Callum Forrester

Lane Forrester

Jonah Forrester

Hudson Forrester

Alex Forrester

Teagan Forrester

#3 JackieP345

JackieP345

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

For your main character I would suggest Zayden Forrester. I think it works well with the musician theme, but if you want something shorter and more social I'd say Ajax Forrester.
For #2, I think Austin relates to Ethan like you requested. I thought about Landan and Bryant as well.
I like Eliza Jane, and Webster sounds perfect for his character. I would go with Webb as a nickname, with two 'b's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users