3 replies to this topic

#1 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

I need help with curses. That sounds odd, but I can't think of a good curse for my character, Thomas. He is cursed by Beau, who was hired by his ex-girlfriend, Liz. He is basically an arrogant, playboy who is good with business and money. He broke Liz's heart and used her. Does anyone has any suggestions besides bad luck?

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

The best curse would have to be something fitting...like getting a taste of their own medicine. Why did Liz and Thomas break up? Did he break up with her or did she break up with him? If he broke her heart then it would be fitting for him to fall in love with the next girl that he meets and have her break his heart. If she broke up with him then it would be fitting if the reason she broke up with him (example. He was a workaholic) then his curse could be that he has bad luck at work and loses his job and realizes that he should have made more time for his personal life cause now he doesnt have anything cause he based his life around his work.

Does that make sense?

These are just examples the punishment really has to fit the crime <_<

#3 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

The best curse would have to be something fitting...like getting a taste of their own medicine. Why did Liz and Thomas break up? Did he break up with her or did she break up with him? If he broke her heart then it would be fitting for him to fall in love with the next girl that he meets and have her break his heart. If she broke up with him then it would be fitting if the reason she broke up with him (example. He was a workaholic) then his curse could be that he has bad luck at work and loses his job and realizes that he should have made more time for his personal life cause now he doesnt have anything cause he based his life around his work.

Does that make sense?

These are just examples the punishment really has to fit the crime <_<

I was thinking along those line too. I'm trying to the best thing that would be appropriate but noticeable.

#4 Happy_Face

Happy_Face

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

maybe like if he's a workaholic he gets fired, becomes an alcoholic, goes through a gruelling rehab stint, then does some breaking and entering to pay for alcohol to feed his relapsed addiction...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users