#1 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

Bascially, just comment how little/much you want to.

I'm stuck on between middle names on a lot of these names--and I'd also love some new suggestions, especially for my boys names. I tend to like biblical or classic names for boys, but I would like a few under used/unique suggestions. The last thing I want is to choose a name that everyone other child will have. Thanks in advance!

Monica
Monica Siobhan (my favorite, but no one else seems to really like this one)
Monica Faith
Monica Rose

Helen "Len"
Helen Juliet
Helen Gabrielle

Rose
Rose Juliet
Rose Alexandra
Rose Miriam
Rose Kathleen

Cora Eden
Ella Stephanie
Amy Claire
Lydia Jane
Mariah Grace
Saoirse Rose
Stella Rosalie
Stephanie Rose
Audrey Sophia
Sophia Louise
Alissa Faith
Emma Katherine
Cora Eden
Charlotte "Charlie" Eden
Elliot "Ellie" Quinn
Ellen Juliet/Gabrielle (possibly an alternative to Helen)
Lily Niamh
Briar Rose

Alexander
Alexander Kai
Alexander Helios

Owen
Owen Brady
Owen Seamus
Owen Sebastian

Cian Seamus
Simon Joshua
Jacob Nolan
Michael Bryce
Thomas Everett
Liam Alexander (Stolen from Nadia :P)
Finn Gabriel (Stolen from Nadia)
Gabriel Noah
August Julian
William "Will" Brody
Oliver "Ollie" Christian

#2 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

Well, well, well :) Here is my opinion on your three "limbo names" for girls.
Unfortunately, it's late here, and I must go to bed-- or at least try to.
I will post the rest tomorrow, as soon as I have a little time to spare <3

Monica - it is not my favourite name for sure, but it's pleasant and to me, falls into the category of underused, but with a nice twist.
As far as middle names go, Siobhan would be my first pick. I think I'm just now warming up to Irish names :P
But really, Siobhan gives the combo that unexpected, spunky spin. If you're leaning towards a sweeter, more traditional & feminine feel, go with Rose. Faith is too blah.

Helen "Len": I love Helen. Like, REALLY love it. Actually, I prefer it with a final A, Helena/Elena, but this is beautiful too.
I think Juliet beats Gabrielle by a mile. It has really few competitors as far as elegance.

Rose: Rose is gorgeous. Seriously, it's gotta be one of the most beautiful names there are.
I wouldn't use Juliet as a middle name, though: it's probably the fact that they both have the first syllable stressed, but the flow is a bit off.
Of the remaining three, Alexandra is the one I like the least, but surprisingly, it has the best flow :P
Miriam & Kathleen are names I adore, especially Miriam, but I guess the flow would depend on the last name.

Off to bed, now, Capitain!

#3 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

Monica
Monica Siobhan -Cute but mn is nms
Monica Rose<3

Helen "Len"
Helen Juliet

Rose
Rose Kathleen

Cora Eden
Lydia Jane
Sophia Louise
Emma Katherine
Ellen Juliet
Lily Niamh

Alexander
Alexander Kai

Owen
Owen Brady

Jacob Nolan
Michael Bryce
Thomas Everett
Liam Alexander
Gabriel Noah
William "Will" Brody

#4 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

Thanks Nadia and Tara!!!

Nadia--I think you're the only one who actually likes Helen. Even my mom hates it :) I do like Helen Juliet the best by a mile, but I also love Rose Juliet--but I can't use Juliet twice :P And you're right, Alexandra flows best with Rose, but I'm not a huge fan of Alexandra. Rose is such a frustrating name to come up with a middle for :P

Its definitely between Monica Siobhan and Monica Rose. If I use Rose as a first name, then its definitely Monica Siobhan. Monica, Rose, and Helen are by far my favorite girls names. Do you think they would work together as a sib set?

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

Monica isn't my favorite name but I don't hate it either. And like Permanent Rose said its underused which gives it an interest. I like Monica Siobhan the best of your middle name options. The only reason I'd hesitate to use it is that many people (depending on where you live) would not be familiar with Irish spellings and may not know how to pronounce it. But I think it pairs nicely with Monica.

Helen "Len" I also prefer Helena, but I have a thing for girls names that end in -a. I think the nn Len is adorable though. I'm not a fan of Juliet or Gabrielle but of the two I think Juliet goes best. Helen Pheobe would be nice.

Rose I like Rose Kathleen the best...I think it has the same sort of style as your other names and goes nicely together. My second choice would be Rose Alexandra but for some reason it looks too harsh (at a quick glance it could be misconstrued as Ross Alexander).

Cora Eden -- Cora is nice and again has the old-fashioned yet interesting and beautiful feel that your other names have.
Ella Stephanie-- Ella is a bit overused and blah for a first name and Stephanie has never been a favorite of mine.
Amy Claire -- I really like this one, if flows nicely and goes well together.
Lydia Jane --- Very Jane Austen...again the names go well together and are similar style
Saoirse Rose & Stella Rosalie -- both are very similar and flow well together...I think I prefer Saoirse Rose
Emma Katherine -- okay, if a little plain
Charlotte "Charlie" Eden -- Nice, these two go well together and I think the nn Charlie for a girl is cute.
Elliot "Ellie" Quinn -- Cute but both names being unisex it might cause a little confusion
Lily Niamh -- These dont really go together IMO...maybe Lillian Niamh nn Lily
Briar Rose -- Pretty but also popular

Alexander -- Alexander Helios is VERY greek :P...I'm not really a fan of Kai or other K- names for boys. Except for maybe Kael...Alexander Kael flows much better than Alexander Kai IMO.

Owen -- I really like Owen Seamus and Owen Sebastian...but I think Owen Seamus fits better with your other names.

Simon Joshua -- I like Simon but Joshua doesnt go with it very well
Jacob Nolan -- I've never been a fan of Nolan and Jacob is VERY popular at the moment
Thomas Everett -- I think these names complement each other nicely and I really like the nn Thom (with the H!!!)
Liam Alexander (Stolen from Nadia :P) -- Like this one!
Gabriel Noah -- these dont fit together very well...
August Julian -- Again the flow is off on these two...I prefer Julian August or Augustus Julian (also VERY greek) :)
William "Will" Brody --- Not really a Brody person but it goes well with William
Oliver "Ollie" Christian -- This name is okay to me...I think a better middle name could be found

#6 Kieran

Kieran

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Monica - Wonderful! I'm a Friends fan, though, so my opinion is tainted because of it, heh. :P
Monica Siobhan is fantastic -- I don't think you can improve on it.
Monica Rose and Monica Faith are 'meh'.

Helen - So cool. Not crazy about the nickname or the combos, though.
Not Helen exactly, but have you considered Helena Quinn?

Rose - Lovely. Once again, not crazy about the combos.
I think Rose Kathleen has a nice flow but isn't particularly appealing visually and really lacks a certain 'spark'.
Hmm, what about Rose Valentine [tine/teen -- whichever prn. you prefer] or Rose Mathilde?

Of the other combos, I like:
Saoirse Rose -- If Saoirse is used as a first name, you'll probably have a lot of prn. and spelling problems.
Sophia Louise -- Pretty, but boring. I've toyed with the idea of Sophia Bliss, myself (for the combined meaning). I think Sophia will become dated.
Lily Niamh -- I usually dislike Lily -- it's generally too soft/cutesy for me. Niamh balances it out, though. :)
Briar Rose -- Awesome!

I'll do the boy combos later. I'm not feeling great - damn sinuses!

#7 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

Thanks Kieran!

I'm glad to see people like Monica Siobhan! It's definitely my number one combo as of right now!

I'm not a fan of Helena, sorry. Helen has a special meaning to me, so I'd prefer not to change it.

Finding a middle name for Rose has been SO hard. It makes a great middle name, but its so hard to find the perfect middle name for it. Sorry Kieran, but I'm not too keen on Valentine or Mathilde.

I'm actually warming up to Sophia Bliss, the more I look at it. I don't think I'll end up using Sophia as a first name, though, especially if it continues to stay so popular

#8 Zalivor

Zalivor

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

MONICA
Monica certainly isn't my favorite name, but Monica Rose and Monica Faith are okay.

HELEN
I've kind of overlooked this name in the past, but now I've sort of grown to like it. I just love Helen Juliet and Helen Gabrielle!

ROSE
I'm not ecstatic about this name, though it's somewhat pretty. I like Rose Juliet and Rose Kathleen.

Cora Eden - I don't really like Cora, but Eden as a middle name I like.
Ella Stephanie - I'm not sure about this name.
Amy Claire - It's okay.
Lydia Jane - It's pretty nice.
Mariah Grace - It's pretty, but I don't really like Mariah.
Saoirse Rose - I really don't like Saoirse.
Stella Rosalie - Nah.
Stephanie Rose - It's okay.
Audrey Sophia - Audrey isn't my favorite, but it's okay with Sophia.
Sophia Louise - Louise isn't my favorite, but Sophia's okay.
Alissa Faith - The spelling of Alissa looks kind of awkward to me.
Emma Katherine - This is beautiful.
Cora Eden - I think this is a double.
Charlotte "Charlie" Eden - I absolutely LOVE this, except for the nn Charlie.
Elliot "Ellie" Quinn - Elliot for a girl? I don't think so.
Ellen Juliet/Gabrielle (possibly an alternative to Helen) - I like Helen better.
Lily Niamh - It's pretty.
Briar Rose - Even if you like Sleeping Beauty a lot, I still don't advise you to use this prickly name.

ALEXANDER
I don't really like this name, especially with those middle names.

OWEN
Owen isn't half bad, but I'm not too crazy about the mn's (maybe Owen Brady isn't bad). How about Owen Lee, Owen Gabriel/Gabe, Owen Lucas/Luke, Owen Micah, Owen Nico, or Owen Parker?

Cian Seamus - Nah.
Simon Joshua - This one isn't bad, but Simon isn't my favorite.
Jacob Nolan - I kind of like Jacob (except the popularity), but Nolan I don't like.
Michael Bryce - See Jacob Nolan.
Thomas Everett - It isn't bad.
Liam Alexander (Stolen from Nadia tongue.gif) - I kind of like it, but I've heard Liam is really popular.
Finn Gabriel (Stolen from Nadia) - I love Gabriel, but I really don't like Finn.
Gabriel Noah - I LOVE this!
August Julian - See Gabriel Noah.
William "Will" Brody - It's not bad.
Oliver "Ollie" Christian - It's only okay.

I hope I've helped at least a little bit!

#9 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

Wow, thanks so much for taking the time to go through every name, musical1!

Just thought of two more names to add to my list:

Connie Louise

Emma Lucille (instead of Emma Katherine)

WDYT?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users