9 replies to this topic

#1 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

So I've really been into this name I discovered for a little girl, Kairi (pron. Ky-ree). I think it's really pretty and would sound adorable on a little girl! I've been playing around with other spellings, something just looks a little off about it to me? Maybe Kairie or Kyrie? I also found a few middle names and combos and this is what I've come up with so far...

Kairi Olivia
Kairi June
Kairi Sage
Kairi Jordyn
Kairi Lana
Kairi Ever
Kairi Shae

Also, I went on a trip to Hawaii last summer and was talking to a friend in class about Hanaléi beach...and this may sound a bit strange but I really love the name Hanaléi (pron. Hon-a-lay) for a little girl! It sounds like summer to me and reminds me of the islands :)

A few combos...

Hanaléi Ryan
Hanaléi Jordan
Hanaléi Dylan
Hanaléi Quinn
Hanaléi Roxanne
Hanaléi Isobel

So...wdyt of my odd name choices? Opinions/suggestions are welcomed!! Thanks loves, (:

#2 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

oh my goodness.
You always have the prettiest names :)

Out of the names you have for Kairi, I adore Kairi June and Kairi Shae
For Hanaléi, I adore Hanaléi Jordan, Hanaléi Quinn, and Hanaléi Isobel

#3 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

When James and I first were dating, we were discussing baby names for the fun of it. We ultimately came up with Kairi Elizabeth. Kairi because we both liked Kingdom Hearts and Elizabeth because that was the name his mom had originally picked for him (of course, she thought she was having a girl.) That name stayed with us for a while until I actually was pregnant. Though we didn't chose it, I still love the name. Kairi Jade comes to mind.

#4 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I really like Kairi / Kyrie! It's really adorable. From your combos, I like Kairi Sage best.

Hanaléi is really interesting. It's definitely really Hawaiian and exotic sounding! :) I like Hanaléi Jordan best.

Good luck!

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Kairi is nice! I think Kyree or Kyrie would be a less confusing spelling personally, and looks lovely! It looks like Kiley with an R instead of an L this way, so other people would probably have less of a problem on pronunciation. And I like these combo's!

Kairi Olivia
Kairi June
Kairi Lana
Kairi Ever

When I first saw it, I thought it said Henley like the shirt [which would be okay]. Though I do like the idea of Hanaléi, but as Yas told me about one of my favorite names, though it is lovely, other people are going to have to spell it too :l Which yes this is a place in Hawaii that others may know of, but its not horribly popular like America or China or something of that sort is. I'd try to maybe find an easier spelling? Personally, I would find it easy because I personally prefer Hana/Hanna/Hannah to be pronounced hah-nah, so I automatically pronounce it this way sometimes. But most see it as Hahhhh-nah. And Lei I know is japenese for beauty, I think it is. So I just know from that its lay. But most people would see it as Lee. Honalay could work, even though its less attractive :/ Hmm.. sorry if this is of no help!!!
I do like these combo's though:

Hanaléi Ryan
Hanaléi Quinn
Hanaléi Roxanne

I only dislike Hanaléi Isobel because the syllables are off, and I just personally dislike how Hanaléi Jordan and Hanaléi Dylan sound. I like Ryan, Quinn fits in really perfectly, as does Roxanne!! I really love Hanaléi Quinn, tbh! <3 Sounds absolutely lovely! Even if I think Hanaléi makes a great middle name.. such as Quinn Hanaléi? :) <3

Hope this helps at least a bit!! And sorry if not <3

#6 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

I've recently really been liking the names Damon and Adrien for a boy. I've loved Damon for a while, just haven't had a chance to add it to my list yet because I haven't been able to come up with any combos I really like and I haven't really had too much time to get on here and rant, ha. I also really like the name Adrien for a little boy, but I can't seem to think of any middle names that would balance out the femininity of the name. I can't seem to stay away from the names that are already on my list a few times...those must be the ones I really love I guess. I really want to add the two names to my list, but I need a little help with combos :/

Some of the combos I've come up with so far are...

Damon Luca(s)
Damon Cole
Damon Lane
Damon Kendrick
Damon Leo
Damon Carter
Damon Reilly
Damon Cody
Damon Casey
Damon Taylor

Adrien Lucas
Adrien Scott
Adrien Patrick
Adrien Seth
Adrien Brandt
Adrien Zachary

WDYT? I welcome criticism!! (:

#7 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Both names are very nice. My favorite combos for Damon are Damon Luca, Damon Cole, and Damon Carter. My favorite combo for Adrien is Adrien Scott. I like it because Scott is a very masculine name, so it compliments Adrien nicely.

#8 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I love both. :(
Though I do prefer "Adrienne" for a girl over Adrien for a boy. Or "Adriana" over Adrian. I prefer it with this spelling though. It seems more masculine to me... like the similar, more popular Aidan.

My favourites were Damon Luca, Damon Carter, Damon Reilly and Adrian Scott, Adrian Patrick, Adrian Seth and Adrian Brandt.

#9 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I really love the middle name, Knox for a little boy. It's edgy and that's right up my alley! (:

Combos?

Harley Knox
Weston Knox
Rylan Knox
Ryker Knox
Jacoby Knox
Preston Knox

Feel free to comment on, add, or suggest any more "edgy-" style names.

Also, WDYT about the name Romilly for a little girl? I just fell back in love with this name for the first time since I first joined the site. A few combos?

Romilly Ava
Romilly Isabel
Romilly Chase
Romilly Quinn

Feedback and/or opinions are much appreciated!! <3

#10 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hey Laramie, just to let you know I merged some of your topics together.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Y.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users