• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

Hey,guys!I was just writing a little something and I got this great idea:

A german guy who is social isolated is led to believe that he is Hitler's reincarnation.He also believes that he's a very good person and that Hitler's soul reincarnated on his body so that this time he could do a different way.And then he decides that he must end neonazism and starts to murder all neonazis,assassins,xenophobics,etc. not realizing he's doing the exact same thing Hitler did.

He is tall,pale skin,brunette and has very deep dark eyes (you even can see the flames of hatery in his eyes if you look closer).
He's very lonely,but he doesn't show it.His hobbies are to:collect bibles and poem books. He also loves to read Virginia Woolf,but despise Shakespeare.
Also listens to smooth and classic jazz and has the habbit to put on sunglasses and then take them off (he usually does it when he's thinking about lots of stuff at the same time). Basically,he is a sociopath artist.

Can you please help me name him?I only need first and last name :) Grateful!

#2 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Oh!I forgot to say:
He's a little bit like Dexter (from the TV Show)

#3 Pistachio

Pistachio

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

Do you want his name to have an evil sound, a kind sound, nerdy, or what? Does the meaning behind the name matter to you?

Wolfgang
Heller
Dolf
Ancel
Jaeger (yay ger)
Manfred (Man of Peace)
Mayer (Bringer of Light)
Norbert (Hero)

Luther Martin
(Martin Luther took on the Catholic church and your character, believes he is working for a higher power than himself in overcoming something while essentially replacing it with the same thing. Also, you'd have the religious i.e. "good" name all twisted up backwards. Just a thought...)

#4 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

Do you want his name to have an evil sound, a kind sound, nerdy, or what? Does the meaning behind the name matter to you?

I want a name that evokes strangeness,you know?The person must feel disturbed when she reads that name.
And it needs to be a name that has nothing to to with Adolf or Hitler,but still has a german touch to it.
I like the idea of Luther.I also like Wolfgang.

#5 Pistachio

Pistachio

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

Surnames, if proceeded by "von" are most likely of the nobility. It denotes being "of" the surname, so it won't work with all names.

Austerlitz sounds a little creepy (kind of like Auschwitz.) And Himmel sounds sort of like Hitler, but means "heaven."

Here's some more surnames that you could mix and match with Luther or Wolfgang:

Austerlitz (from the town & battle 1805)
Brandt (fire, land cleared by fire)
Fleischer (butcher, literal translation is flesh/flesher)
Engel (Angel)
Fried (Peace)
Friedmann (Peacemaker)
Fuchs (Fox)
Gottlieb (God's Love)
Gottschalk (God's Servant)
Himmel (Heaven)
Mahler (grinder/miller)
Meister (master)
Metzger (Butcher)
Nacht (Night)
Pabst (Pope)
Pfaff (Cleric, Parson)
Rheinhardt (determined)
Richter (Judge)
Schwartz (Black)
Traugott (Trust in God)

#6 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

Tanks again for the ideas!The best ones so far are:
Luther
Wolfgang
Austerlitz
Brandt
Fleischer
Fried
Friedmann
Fuchs
Meister
Richter

#7 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

Luther
Wolfgang
Austerlitz
Brandt
Fleischer
Fried
Friedmann
Fuchs
Meister
Richter

I like Luther for a fn and the other ones are good for last names here are some more German boys names that could work for first names...

Adelwolf-reminds me of Adolf
Amett
Dagobert
Gervais
Jorn
Notcher

#8 Pistachio

Pistachio

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

Luther
Wolfgang
Austerlitz
Brandt
Fleischer
Fried
Friedmann
Fuchs
Meister
Richter

Luther von Austerlitz or Wolfgang Fleischer (or vice versa) would be my picks.

Maybe it doesn't matter but just FYI, in case you don't know--in German, the 2nd vowel is pronounced. For example, Fleischer is pronounced fly sher and Fried would be pronounced freed.

The "au" in Austerlitz would be more like the "ou" in ouch.

#9 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

I think Fleisher von Austerlitz sounds the best!
I like Fleisher because Hitler was really "The Butcher of Berlin"

#10 Pistachio

Pistachio

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:28 AM

Does Fleischer really work as a first name for you? In the U.S. people have the last name of Butcher, but I can't imagine anybody naming a child Butcher. A child in Germany could not be named Butcher (they have a list of "appropriate" names which you must choose from, or put in an appeal...seriously!)

So, more to think about: Until in his 30's, Hitler's father's (Alois) last name was Schicklgruber (his mother's maiden name and probably Jewish.) He took the name Hiedler from his stepfather, also spelled Hiedler, Huetler, Huettler and Hitler was probably regularized by a clerk.

However, there are also rumors that high Nazis later confirmed were top secret that Hitler was the illigitimate child of a Rothschild...very Jewish.

The name Adolf means "noble wolf." Therefore, Hitler sometimes gave himself the nicknames of Wolf or Herr Wolf. Some called him Uncle Wolf. He also named his various headquarters throughout Europe with wolf names...Wolfsschanze in East Prussia and Wolfsschlucht in France, and Werwof in the Ukraine, etc. Closest friends and family called him Adi.

So, Wolfgang seems very appropriate to me. It could be Wolfgang/Wolf Fleischer...or look at any place names that are creepy and put a "von" in front of it. You could do that with "wolf" city names, and choose another first name...maybe even Alois after his father?

Cities:
# Wolfen (Saxony-Anhalt)
# Wolfenbüttel (Lower Saxony)
# Wolfhagen (Hesse)
# Wolframs-Eschenbach (Bavaria)
# Wolfratshausen (Bavaria)
# Wolfsburg (Lower Saxony)
# Wolfstein (Rhineland-Palatinate)

Other First Names:

Arnulf, Eagle Wolf
Diedrich, People Ruler
Dieter, Army of the People