8 replies to this topic

#1 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

Hey all, I have a few girls A names that I've been rolling around on my tongue lately. What do you think of these?

Aurora Jayne
Aurora Felicity
Adelina Violet (which nn do you like better, Addy or Lina?)
Adelina Fae
Alina Violet
Ayla Vivienne
Annika Jayne
Annika Zoya (SO picked out this middle name)

Do any of these work as sibling names to Lydia Maeve, Avery John, and Frederick Jude?

Thanks so much!

#2 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:15 AM

Aurora Jayne-I like this! Aurora is a very nice name, and when paired with Jayne, it is all that much better!
Aurora Felicity-I love both names, but the flow is not the best for me.
Adelina Violet (which nn do you like better, Addy or Lina?)-LOVE this one! I like both nicknames, but I prefer Lina. My only suggestion, is don't pick out her nn before she is born. Nicknames come naturally.
Adelina Fae-I dislike the name Fae, although the flow is nice
Alina Violet-I don't like the name Alina
Ayla Vivienne-neither names are appealing to me
Annika Jayne-i dislike the name annika
Annika Zoya (SO picked out this middle name)-i love Zoya! dislike Annika though. Isn't Zoya a movie/book?

My suggestions:
Adelina Zoya
Aurora Zoya

Do any of these work as sibling names to Lydia Maeve, Avery John, and Frederick Jude?

I think all the names, with the exception of Annika (which looks trendy) go well!

GL!

#3 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

Thanks, yeah, someone suggested Alina because they thought Adelina was too long. Very true, nicknames do come naturally. I was also surprised when my SO suggested Zoya as it's not his style at all. I'm not sure it goes with Aurora or Adelina, though, but I like it. Annika is a very old Dutch name, and I'm Dutch and it's one of the few names that I like that's Dutch, so that's why I included it, but I'm not sold on it either. Thanks for the feedback!

#4 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

what is SO?
Well, if Annika is a Dutch name, and not a trendy-made-up name, then I like it!
Annika Zoya is nice, the more I see it.

#5 Jessie

Jessie

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

what is SO?

Significant Other

#6 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

Right!

#7 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Aurora Jayne- Love this name, but I really dislike this spelling of Jane. I think Aurora Jane looks better.
Aurora Felicity- Once again love Aurora, not too sure on Felicity, you could find better.
Adelina Violet (which nn do you like better, Addy or Lina?)- I like this name, kind of long, but very pretty. The nick name will come on their own.
Adelina Fae- Just something about this I'm not sold on.
Alina Violet- I like this name a lot, I think Violet is so beautiful.
Ayla Vivienne- I don't like this one very much.
Annika Jayne- Love this name as well, but again, I wish Jayne was Jane, it just looks more appealing visually to me.
Annika Zoya (SO picked out this middle name)- Unique, and very pretty.

#8 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:55 AM

Aurora Jayne - Very pretty though I much prefer the simpler Jane.
Aurora Felicity - This is nice but I prefer the above. Aurora and Felicity are such attention grabbers that they almost compete for attention.
Adelina Violet (which nn do you like better, Addy or Lina?) - Beautiful! I MUCH prefer Lina!
Adelina Fae - Fae is not my style. Adelina Mae is nice.
Alina Violet - I would be all over Elena Violet but Alina looks off imo.
Ayla Vivienne - Pretty. I prefer Anya.
Annika Jayne - I love Annika but Annika Jayne is just ehh for me. There are definitley better mn options.
Annika Zoya - This is actually rather nice.

I think Adelina Violet works best, though Adeline Violet would be perfect with the set imo. Aurora Jane works too. I would skip Alina & Annika with this set as they are too different style wise. Lydia Maeve is beautiful btw and I love Avery & Jude!

#9 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

Thank you all so much for the feedback. Yeah, I like Annika a lot, but you're right, it doesn't seem to fit in with my other favorite names. Jayne must be spelled this way as it honors a high school friend who passed away too young. Thank you again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users